Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 31st, 2022, 2:44 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 31st, 2022, 1:48 pm I told someone yesterday morning that he would be fired before today's end.
Ballcoach, the Prophet. :shock: :oldhag :shock:
Prophets make their claims beforehand not after the fact.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I’ve been really nervous about the Auburn job, but being mid season I’m less nervous. Idk why. I feel like Auburn is going to peg their coach before the end of the season and I don’t see HF leaving this team before the bowl game. Now Auburn could wait and that’ll make me nervous but if they’re looking to hire sooner than later, I feel better for some reason. At least that’s what I’m telling myself lol
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
First off, there is not going to be a hire made until after the regular season is complete. The only chance that anything is announced pre-bowl season is if Coach Prime is their choice. We are likely to have one of the early bowl games so they could easily wait until after our LU season is complete if they landed Coach Freeze.

While I honestly don't think this is the situation he covets, I can tell you that all my Tide fans are EXCEPTIONALLY nervous that he lands down south.
LUOrange liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I don't see him going anywhere, anytime soon. Auburn is not a special job. I don't believe he would go anywhere outside of USC, ND, UGA, Clemson. MAYBE a couple of others.
Stranger things have happened, but just don't see it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Keep in mind that Auburn just hired the Mississippi State AD to come on over. Not sure how that impacts this process at all. But it is worthy of note.
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote: October 31st, 2022, 5:45 pm Keep in mind that Auburn just hired the Mississippi State AD to come on over. Not sure how that impacts this process at all. But it is worthy of note.
An ex Ole Miss man wanting to join forces with a states-man? :dontgetit. I suppose that'll be fine on "neutral" grounds.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Perusing the Auburn boards this afternoon it is clear they have several primary targets from the fanbase:

• Lane Kiffin
  • Deion Sanders
  • Hugh Freeze
  • Matt Rhule

There are others mentioned. But these are the most common and most prominent.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
No one should be worried here. New Auburn AD has a wife very vocal in LGBTQ causes and a daughter who transitioned to a male. I can't imagine this would be a boss Coach Freeze would see eye to eye with.
CCWMichael liked this
By Tnobes
ALAFlamesFan wrote: October 31st, 2022, 7:01 pm No one should be worried here. New Auburn AD has a wife very vocal in LGBTQ causes and a daughter who transitioned to a male. I can't imagine this would be a boss Coach Freeze would see eye to eye with.
I would have a hard time believing Freeze would go work for an AD with a pro homosexual wife and a "trans" kid and work for a school that goes through coaches like toilet paper. Why go to a new school and risk getting fired in 2 years because of crazy boosters and work for an Uber liberal boss when you are getting 5 million a year with job security and total support from the university? If liberty keeps doing well, liberty will keep him paid as the top G5 coach with raises every year or 2. You'd be crazy to leave liberty for Auburn
CCWMichael liked this
By Tnobes
Auburn is a school you go to when you are a low level coach trying to get your foot in the door to a great conference so you put up with crazed boosters and likely hood that you have a super short leash, you take the risk for the potential reward. Hugh Freeze has already been in the SEC and he can do better than Auburn, I don't see him drooling over Auburn, other schools in the SEC sure, but not Auburn. Auburn is a dumpster fire
By Tnobes
I also believe everyone knew Auburn was going to fire their coach this year, it was just a matter of when. Ian and Hugh both knew Auburn was going to be firing their coach this year, they both knew it before the contract extension and raise was signed, Auburn being open soon was no surprise to anyone. I don't believe Coach Freeze would go to Auburn, I believe it would have been discussed by Ian and Hugh during contract talks
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'm hearing the Alabama offensive coordinator will be next Auburn coach. Teams love to hire coaches away from Alabama. A lot of Bama fans want a new OC. He could be on the way to The Plains.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 3:16 pm I'm hearing the Alabama offensive coordinator will be next Auburn coach.
Please, dear Lord, let Ballcoach, the prophet, be RIGHT again! :pray
By Baybird
Tnobes wrote: November 1st, 2022, 10:05 am I also believe everyone knew Auburn was going to fire their coach this year, it was just a matter of when. Ian and Hugh both knew Auburn was going to be firing their coach this year, they both knew it before the contract extension and raise was signed, Auburn being open soon was no surprise to anyone. I don't believe Coach Freeze would go to Auburn, I believe it would have been discussed by Ian and Hugh during contract talks
My only thought about that (and I am in a bit of a cynical mood right now) would be that HF's agent said to Ian, "Listen, Hugh is seriously considering the Auburn job, but here's what we can do for LU..." And Hugh can say with some integrity, "I never approached Ian about the raises."

I hope there's no truth to that, but again fighting sickness right now and not in a great frame of mind! :mrgreen:
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
I don’t think that is the case. It is reported that the buy out is only $3 million. I feel that he stays and I hope my instincts don’t let me down.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It would be hilarious to let Bill O'Brien get that gig. As a Houstonian, I can attest to the fact that he has no clue about personnel.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
My 2¢: Hugh Freeze has been as honest with us as he can. What is the guy supposed to say? He has said he loves it here. He has said "it would take a special place/situation for me to leave." Anyone who thinks he wouldnt leave if HE thought the situation was a good one is crazy. If he is offered Auburn, feels good about the situation, and wants a shot at a National Championship, He Gone. I will wish HIM well and yell ROLL TIDE.

I hope he stays. If offered this position, It would not surprise me if he takes it... or if he stays. I'd expect him to consider it. In any case, I will wish him the best.
AATL, Purple Haize liked this
By rtb72
soccer7 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 5:14 pm I don’t think that is the case. It is reported that the buy out is only $3 million. I feel that he stays and I hope my instincts don’t let me down.
Mmmm.....that's pocket change for an SEC team. Heck, that's pocket change for a lot of P5s. No added comfort if that's true...
By tyndal23
rtb72 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 10:28 pm
soccer7 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 5:14 pm I don’t think that is the case. It is reported that the buy out is only $3 million. I feel that he stays and I hope my instincts don’t let me down.
Mmmm.....that's pocket change for an SEC team. Heck, that's pocket change for a lot of P5s. No added comfort if that's true...
Reported where ?
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]