Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:09 pm I am sure he was not actually recruiting the last 3 weeks, but you can be sure he was laying out his plan for a staff, his portal targets and his HS targets.
Exactly. Just disappointing.
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:28 pm
aredd33 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:47 pm Has anybody seen how much he’ll be making? I haven’t been able to find it yet.

I really thought it’d be more than that.
That seems awful low. He was making 5 at LU so this really isn’t a significant bump. I wonder if the original number was higher but the backlash drove it down?
“Look we can’t hire him”
“Ok what if instead of 10 you pay him 8?”
“Can’t do 8. What about 4?”
“He’s making 5 now!”
“But where else is he gonna go? “
“Who else are you gonna get?”
“ He can always go back”
“Ok 7”
“6”
“6.5”
Deal.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read on an Alabama newspaper website that the AD at Auburn said Freeze was his #1 target from day 1, or something like that. Integrity isn't a strong suit in this entire deal.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:03 pm I read on an Alabama newspaper website that the AD at Auburn said Freeze was his #1 target from day 1, or something like that. Integrity isn't a strong suit in this entire deal.
ITS THE SEC!! If you ain’t cheatin, you ain’t tryin!

And I got news for you, BC: your boy Nicky at Bama is about as clean as a coal miner after a 14-hour shift. He’s a bigger snake than them all. He just knows how not to get caught!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just read in News & Advance (online) that talks started with Auburn after Liberty beat Arkansas. That explains our 3 losses to end the season. Freeze's focus was on Auburn instead of Liberty. Regardless of what anyone says, he failed the team the last 3 weeks, and threw them under the bus Saturday.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:03 pm I read on an Alabama newspaper website that the AD at Auburn said Freeze was his #1 target from day 1, or something like that. Integrity isn't a strong suit in this entire deal.
What’s he supposed to say? “I wish we coulda gotten Kiffin, but Freeze will have to do.”
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:52 pm
aredd33 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:47 pm Has anybody seen how much he’ll be making? I haven’t been able to find it yet.

That seems awful low. He was making 5 at LU so this really isn’t a significant bump. I wonder if the original number was higher but the backlash drove it down?
“Look we can’t hire him”
“He’s making 5 now!”
“ He can always go back”
“Ok 7”
“6”
“6.5”
Deal.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a job where you can say a $1.5 million raise isn’t a significant bump?
Purple Haize liked this
By Tnobes
jmclaughlin wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:25 pm
JK37 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:18 pm
Whatisthetruth wrote: November 28th, 2022, 3:56 pm DO NOT HIRE HUGH FREEZE
See reason, John Cohen

https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2022 ... ugh-freeze
Garbage
Whewww! I need a shower after reading that
Funniest thing about that article is she drops f bombs in an article about "moral high ground" and she's writing to an athletic director who's wife is an LGBT supporter and daughter is trans. Zero self awareness
By LUOrange
I'm happy for Freeze and hope he does well at Auburn. I don't blame him for chasing his dreams and goals, and I still don't think he mailed it in against UConn and Tech. I, also think he was fairly torn about leaving us. I also think he truly meant to tell our Boys after the NMSU game. I'm disappointed that opportunity to help the Boys win one more was taken from him and especially from our Boys by the Press. I'll stand by this belief until it's proven otherwise.

Again, I can't fault a man for doing what he had to do to get his next/new job. As I said earlier, I had to do what I felt I needed to do to get my current job. However, where I'm most disappointed in him is the amount of influence he had on our immediate future as a program only to just leave us. I believe he had a huge influence on us dropping P5 games, joining CUSA, and then our announced intended non-conference scheduling philosophy. I believe this because he frequently complained about playing too many P5's, whined about being Indy, and even said he didn't want to play BYU again. The non-conference scheduling philosophy was his idea. Too make matters worse, he did away with the red matte eagle lid, gave us the ugly LU on the white one, and brought this baby blue scourge upon our campus.

Finally, I'm just glad that this weekend is over for us and our Boys. Hopefully, McCaw will bring in a great coach not named Briles, and bring back our red matte eagle lid.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Tnobes
stokesjokes wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:25 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:52 pm

“Look we can’t hire him”
“He’s making 5 now!”
“ He can always go back”
“Ok 7”
“6”
“6.5”
Deal.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a job where you can say a $1.5 million raise isn’t a significant bump?
Because he could have made 6 million a year at liberty in a year or 2 with a conference championship and new years 6 bowl appearance with no pressure and no boosters and no woke Auburn Twitter. It was a dumb move to leave for 1.5 million more per year when Auburn will run him out of town in 3 years and many want to run him out of town now
By Tnobes
LUOrange wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:31 pm I'm happy for Freeze and hope he does well at Auburn. I don't blame him for chasing his dreams and goals, and I still don't think he mailed it in against UConn and Tech. I, also think he was fairly torn about leaving us. I also think he truly meant to tell our Boys after the NMSU game. I'm disappointed that opportunity to help the Boys win one more was taken from him and especially from our Boys by the Press. I'll stand by this belief until it's proven otherwise.

Again, I can't fault a man for doing what he had to do to get his next/new job. As I said earlier, I had to do what I felt I needed to do to get my current job. However, where I'm most disappointed in him is the amount of influence he had on our immediate future as a program only to just leave us. I believe he had a huge influence on us dropping P5 games, joining CUSA, and then our announced intended non-conference scheduling philosophy. I believe this because he frequently complained about playing too many P5's, whined about being Indy, and even said he didn't want to play BYU again. The non-conference scheduling philosophy was his idea. Too make matters worse, he did away with the red matte eagle lid, gave us the ugly LU on the white one, and brought this baby blue scourge upon our campus.

Finally, I'm just glad that this weekend is over for us and our Boys. Hopefully, McCaw will bring in a great coach not named Briles, and bring back our red matte eagle lid.
You think telling them after the game was any better than them finding out before the game? He should have told them 2 or 3 weeks ago that he was exploring the possibility and nobody would have been mad. He was absolutely loved here and the way he handled it, a lot of people are sour on him, myself included
By Ill flame
I'll admit, it's hilarious watching reddit have a complete meltdown over this hire. You would think Auburn just hired Trump.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:25 pm

It’s all about scale. I would leave jobs years ago for a certain amount of money that wouldn’t even interest me today. So yeah. At that point if I’m making 5 going to Auburn for 6.5 isn’t a big move. 8? 10? Absolutely. But he could make that 20% bump pretty easily at LU in short order
By LUOrange
Tnobes wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:38 pm
LUOrange wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:31 pm I'm happy for Freeze and hope he does well at Auburn. I don't blame him for chasing his dreams and goals, and I still don't think he mailed it in against UConn and Tech. I, also think he was fairly torn about leaving us. I also think he truly meant to tell our Boys after the NMSU game. I'm disappointed that opportunity to help the Boys win one more was taken from him and especially from our Boys by the Press. I'll stand by this belief until it's proven otherwise.

You think telling them after the game was any better than them finding out before the game? He should have told them 2 or 3 weeks ago that he was exploring the possibility and nobody would have been mad. He was absolutely loved here and the way he handled it, a lot of people are sour on him, myself included
You must be really young and/or immature to honestly believe that that's how it works when one attempts to change a job, let alone a high profile one. You can't tell over a 150 people that you're looking or even thinking about leaving. That's not exactly smart. Just like game planning and secrets the fewer that know the better able you're able to pull it off. On top of that, I'm fairly certain that confidentiality was required of him by Auburn in order for him to land the job. I'd suggest you also watch ASOR's show from tonight on YouTube. Listen closely to what DeArmon had to say about it.
jmclaughlin liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Here is where that tidbit came from FYI
Multiple sources say Freeze has agreed to relinquish control of his social media accounts when he becomes the Auburn coach. The background check on Freeze was extensive, and the school hired a P.R. consultant to handle the expected blowback in bringing him aboard. They are jumping through a lot of hoops for Freeze.
SOURCE
By rtb72
LUOrange wrote: November 28th, 2022, 10:26 pm
Tnobes wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:38 pm

You must be really young and/or immature to honestly believe that that's how it works when one attempts to change a job, let alone a high profile one. You can't tell over a 150 people that you're looking or even thinking about leaving. That's not exactly smart. Just like game planning and secrets the fewer that know the better able you're able to pull it off. On top of that, I'm fairly certain that confidentiality was required of him by Auburn in order for him to land the job. I'd suggest you also watch ASOR's show from tonight on YouTube. Listen closely to what DeArmon had to say about it.
Heard the show tonight, and with all due respect....

I'm neither, and to suggest it could not have been handled better is not to understand leadership. I've seen high profile jobs (at least in state government) and when you have rumor mill and media circling, which had been going on for some time; some form of communication was needed. I would submit it didn't need to be done two or three weeks ago, but it was no secret Auburn had him somewhere on their radar, and the kids were seeing that. To suggest there was no other way and he was boxed in with how it happened is simply obstinate. Most in high profile business, especially public positions, well know if you don't get in front of some things, the narrative will get incredibly messy and thus....here we are. Always better to handle it on your terms rather than not handle it at all, or when confronted with it and nowhere else to go. Should he have told them I'm looking to leave? No, probably not. But to just act like it's not there and business as usual when the kids are being hit with it from every direction, and ultimately culminating into what was released on Saturday morning? I don't know, but I'm guessing it was somewhat obvious to the kids during practices and in his day to day demeanor. They were with him everyday. Hard to hide your mind being preoccupied when you're that intimate. These young men knew he was at least on the radar....the whole nation knew it, so for him to communicate something would not have created any conundrum for him. Frankly, he was in a strong contract and had not signed anything with Auburn that would illicit a nondisclosure. Looks to me like he was in a pretty good position to be able to communicate at his discretion.

Finally, I saw where someone mentioned how it worked in the business world and how they didn't disclose other opportunities due to fear of this or that, and how they gave 100% till the very last day. Love HCHF and all he has done. Would love it if he had stayed under different conditions. But that was not the case here. I won't be convinced he was 100% focused on LU football after an Arkansas win only to lose to UConn, VT, or NMSt. That was not the same HCHF...that was a distracted HCHF. He didn't give 100% till the last day. As I've said before and will always believe: You don't forsake the job you are being paid for, to get the job you hope for.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
He signed a new contract mid-season. Until Saturday when he was asked directly about it, that was his communication.

No one here is saying it’s right to give less than 100% to your employer. You’re free to choose to believe what you want about Freeze, @Tnobes, but you can’t prove it. You’ve been given many other possible reasons for the losses to UConn and VT. You’ve obviously chosen to ignore them, too. You’re still riding high on emotion, brother.

Let that dog lie. Move on.
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]