Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jweaks
aredd33 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:11 pm Have to get to 30 million over 5 years to double.
Yep. Word out of SC is that Ray Tanner has already been in touch with Freeze. 6M per year is probably what it's going to take. Tennessee will probably be looking for a coach soon too.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jweaks wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:16 pm
aredd33 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:11 pm Have to get to 30 million over 5 years to double.
Yep. Word out of SC is that Ray Tanner has already been in touch with Freeze. 6M per year is probably what it's going to take. Tennessee will probably be looking for a coach soon too.
The tweet that was posted earlier came from a man with fewer than 500 followers. Which of course doesn’t mean that it isn’t valid information but maybe worth being skeptical over.
gerb wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:19 pm Ian may have to request a spending limit increase.

Is Chadwell not a target?
He’s the hot young property
He’s in state and been there for years
He’s affordable
By jweaks
gerb wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:19 pm Ian may have to request a spending limit increase.

Is Chadwell not a target?
You mean Caldwell at Coastal Carolina? Yes, I think he's on SC's list after Freeze and Napier.

LOL, it is Chadwell, I swore his name was Caldwell, LOL.
Last edited by jweaks on November 15th, 2020, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jweaks
aredd33 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:22 pm
The tweet that was posted earlier came from a man with fewer than 500 followers. Which of course doesn’t mean that it isn’t valid information but maybe worth being skeptical over.
I'm not on twitter. I have no idea what you're talking about and my comment wasn't based on a tweet.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jweaks wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:30 pm
aredd33 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:22 pm

I'm not on twitter. I have no idea what you're talking about and my comment wasn't based on a tweet.
Ahh, gotcha. It was posted earlier on this thread so I figured that’s where it came from. My mistake.
jweaks liked this
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:37 pm If Freeze even contemplated the dumpster fire that South Carolina is he never would've signed that contract extension.
Or he wanted to take care of the school that has taken care of him so well and renegotiated in part for a bigger buyout. It’s exactly what Kiffin did last year.

I think him staying is less about his extension and more about SC not being one of those places on the special list he describes.
jweaks, jmclaughlin liked this
By jweaks
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:37 pm If Freeze even contemplated the dumpster fire that South Carolina is he never would've signed that contract extension.
Or he wanted to take care of the school that has taken care of him so well and renegotiated in part for a bigger buyout. It’s exactly what Kiffin did last year.

I think him staying is less about his extension and more about SC not being one of those places on the special list he describes.
I hope this is true.
By gerb
I suspect SC was already “flirting” with HF this month when they were raising Will’s buyout from alumni. If he’s not interested, I’m sure he’ll put an end to the rumor mill at the pc tomorrow morning. No point in letting this drag out. If he doesn’t, start worrying.
jinxy, jweaks liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Reading through some of the sports blogs about the SC job and Freeze are quite humorous. Of course SC would be fortunate to get him, as were we. Many are saying that he was “mediocre” at ole Miss, which is ridiculous. Teams need to have realistic understanding of “success.” The SC job certainly became less desirable with the rise of Clemson. Gamecock fans need to be comfortable with the occasional 10 win season.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If Freeze goes back to the SEC it's about ego not money. Liberty's commitment to football is equal to SC. Liberty's endowment is more than double. Liberty's upside is P5 equivalent. And if like he says he likes being talked about, just win at Liberty.

Liberty's happy, Freeze's family is happy.
LUOrange, Liberty22 liked this
Enjoyed Freeze’s response this morning to the SC job. Kinda hope he just stops getting asked about jobs the rest of the season. I’m sure he’s tired of it haha. I know it comes with the job, but like he said how else can he get it across that he’s fine.
LUOrange liked this
By gerb
Thinking about this from HF’s agents perspective, I wouldn’t rule out any opening. If an offer is made even from a place that not that attractive, it gives Ian the justification to recommend LU up HF’s contract as it’s evidence of market value.

Guess LU fans, players and recruits will have to get used to this being the new normal.
HUGH FREEZE RESPONDS TO QUESTION ABOUT SOUTH CAROLINA JOB OPENING
By: Jon Manson

“I don’t know if it will keep coming up, it’s a compliment to our kids and our administration and our program,” Freeze said when asked if his name will keep coming up whenever there’s a job opening. “You can keep asking, but my total focus is on our kids and Liberty University and building this program. That’s the answer you’re going to get if you ask this week, next week, or the following week. I don’t know how else I can address it. I’ve addressed it ten times and said it would take something very, very special for me to even consider it and I don’t know that even that would do it, me considering it. My focus is here. I’m at peace and love what we’re doing. You will probably have to deal with those rumors, as long as we’re winning. If we lose one or two everybody will probably quit talking about it.”
LUOrange, flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 16th, 2020, 9:17 am Liberty is a better job than SC, even if SC is in SEC.

LU's facilities are better than SC's.
When was the last time you were at a game at South Carolina ?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]