Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I grew up in Central Florida and always have followed UCF athletics. This is a gut punch to that entire athletic department. Those 2 have done a great job and Tennessee is lucky to have them. With that said, it is a huge undertaking as that program is a complete mess.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2021, 9:18 am Sources say Josh Huepel, UCF coach will be named Tennessee coach today.
So it was a "two for one deal" as Purple predicted :clapping (just with a different university). :lol:
Purple Haize, Liberty22 liked this
By rtb72
olldflame wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:33 am
Rubicon wrote: January 21st, 2021, 9:56 pm Are we sure that the Danny White who was athletic director at UCF is the Danny White who played at ASU and for the Dallas Cowboys? I can't find anything to confirm that. If true, that would be Tennessee people excited about a Mormon athletic director, which is more than fine by me . . . :wink:

ETA: Just found this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... c-director

"A former college basketball player at Towson University and Notre Dame, White is the son of former Duke athletic director Kevin White. Danny White's brother, Mike, is Florida's head basketball coach."
Nice catch Rubicon. I was assuming it was the former Cowboy's QB too.
Me too... :D
By jmclaughlin
lawrenceq wrote: January 27th, 2021, 1:42 pm Coach Freeze to UCF?
I know this is funny but...
Lets Freeze the Freeze to ____insert school here_____ talk for a bit.
Until someone's source doesn't dwell inside their own imaginations, it is a folly conversation.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 27th, 2021, 9:32 am I grew up in Central Florida and always have followed UCF athletics. This is a gut punch to that entire athletic department. Those 2 have done a great job and Tennessee is lucky to have them. With that said, it is a huge undertaking as that program is a complete mess.
Someone posted on Twitter that the next step for UCF is to hire Kevin Steele as interim Coach.
Sly Fox liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Don't be surprised if the caravan from Orlando to Knoxville continues. UCF has a couple of really good QBs on their roster.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 27th, 2021, 11:22 am
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2021, 9:18 am Sources say Josh Huepel, UCF coach will be named Tennessee coach today.
So it was a "two for one deal" as Purple predicted :clapping (just with a different university). :lol:
My #sources told me this was going to happen. You all were just the ones who assumed it was LU

(That’s my story and I’m sticking to it :D )
alabama24, phoenix liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As an experienced flack, I appreciate the spin. :lol:

Obviously we are clear & free until next winter. I think most of us will be watching very closely to see if the Pirate makes serious improvement this fall in Starkville after clearing the decks before the 2020 season. If not, that becomes perhaps the hottest seat in the SEC in a place where the temptation for Coach Freeze would likely be significant.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: January 28th, 2021, 3:01 pm As an experienced flack, I appreciate the spin. :lol:

Obviously we are clear & free until next winter. I think most of us will be watching very closely to see if the Pirate makes serious improvement this fall in Starkville after clearing the decks before the 2020 season. If not, that becomes perhaps the hottest seat in the SEC in a place where the temptation for Coach Freeze would likely be significant.
I’m pulling for The Pirate! He seems like a good fit there too oddly enough
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 27th, 2021, 2:33 pm
lawrenceq wrote: January 27th, 2021, 1:42 pm Coach Freeze to UCF?
I know this is funny but...
Lets Freeze the Freeze to ____insert school here_____ talk for a bit.
Until someone's source doesn't dwell inside their own imaginations, it is a folly conversation.
I couldn't help myself. 😂
jmclaughlin liked this
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:As an experienced flack, I appreciate the spin. :lol:

This seems at a surface level look at the SEC hot seats, about the only possible chance for next year. You would think they will give him at least a couple of years to get some players to fit his offense. I for one am pulling for him.
By Tnobes
I wanted the Minnesota gophers to hire him a few years ago when he wanted the job but I watched a video of a locker room speech and he swears a lot, I wouldn't want him leading men being a bad example for them
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The local fishwrap here in Houston just mentioned that Texans Pro Bowl OT Laremy Tunsil has been working out on campus at LU. The obvious connection being his college coach. I love seeing Coach Freeze leveraging his relationships into influence.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: February 24th, 2021, 4:14 pm The local fishwrap here in Houston just mentioned that Texans Pro Bowl OT Laremy Tunsil has been working out on campus at LU. The obvious connection being his college coach. I love seeing Coach Freeze leveraging his relationships into influence.
This probably has more to do with Dom than HF, but it's pretty cool either way.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: March 9th, 2021, 4:15 pm I am confident in saying Liberty coaching Job > Kansas coaching Job. :lol:
You are right. Kansas probably the worse P5 job. It's so bad their OC took the OC job at Middle Tennessee State.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Stupid move by Kansas. Unless Les wanted out. 7-8 year old allegations? Really? Good luck finding a coach.
By Tnobes
Agreed. Soon they will go back and see if someone kissed a girl that didn't want it in the 3rd grade. I think les miles should sue for remaining money in his contract because he wasn't fired for cause at Kansas, his "cause" was many years ago at another institution.
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: March 10th, 2021, 12:27 am Stupid move by Kansas. Unless Les wanted out. 7-8 year old allegations? Really? Good luck finding a coach.
I heard he touched the lower back of his prom date while dancing and went in for a hand holding unprovoked
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]