Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I think this solidifies him staying this year. AD's are skittish this year because of budget constraints. but I'd be blown away if he finishes out this new contract. This was not only, as someone already pointed out, to keep the recruiting going but also as someone else said to ensure that when he does leave we will get paid handsomely.
jmclaughlin, aj7 liked this
A few things.

Plenty of coaches sign extensions and leave. This is mostly about protecting the school financially and recruiting.

This is the first demonstration of how athletics and Ian operate without Jr. I'm relieved.

We probably won't feel comfortable keeping him until we are having UCF 2017-2018 play and he stays, or he starts some big ministry through Liberty Football.

The extension probably blocked out a lot of teams from touching him too. The buyout is likely around $10 million, and they're going to have to pay $5m plus per year. That isn't likely for most schools reduction in athletic income during CoVID.
jmclaughlin liked this
By LUOrange
Freeze isn't leaving anytime soon. I've always felt that, but have been scared that he'd leave us for a P5/SEC job. But his presser today that Manson just wrote about confirms that. I think his minimum stay is until his youngest daughter graduates from LU. But it sounds like he chose to be legendary at Liberty.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: November 12th, 2020, 5:28 pm On the implication of a hefty buyout Ian says he wouldn't be doing his job. That's some big comfort for him to say while laughing. He sounded like he is happy with the contract and how he did. Always take notice when the quiet and emotionally level people get giddy.
Yeah. He’s good
By jweaks
I am an alumni of both LU and SC. SC just fired Muschamp today. You can bet they're going to make a hard run at Freeze. They'll offer him insane money. It'll be hard to say no, but I hope he does. SC is a football trainwreck. Would be wiser to stay at LU and wait for Bama or Auburn.
IMO it would be a horrible professional move to go to SC right now. Neither Lou Holts nor Steve Spurrier could make them an SEC powerhouse or National Championship contender. Hugh is good...but so we’re they
LUOrange liked this
By jweaks
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 15th, 2020, 8:54 pm He has said there are few options he’d consider and it’d have to be special.

Does anything about South Carolina football sound special?
Yes, about 20 million special things.
jweaks wrote: November 15th, 2020, 8:58 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 15th, 2020, 8:54 pm He has said there are few options he’d consider and it’d have to be special.

He’ll make at least $15 million here over the next five years.

Muschamp was making $4.2m. You don’t leave a place you love for somewhere with no connection and no prestige for that little of a pay raise.
By jweaks
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:00 pm
jweaks wrote: November 15th, 2020, 8:58 pm

He’ll make at least $15 million here over the next five years.

Muschamp was making $4.2m. You don’t leave a place you love for somewhere with no connection and no prestige for that little of a pay raise.
20M/5 years is just a starting point. Again, I don't think he would be wise to go to SC, but they're going to make a strong run at him... they'll offer double what LU pays him.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]