Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Western Carolina University
Cullowhee, North Carolina

WCU Football Official Site

Mark Speir
9th Season as WCU Head Coach

2020-2021 Schedule

NOV 14 - @ LIBERTY
NOV 21 - @ EASTERN KENTUCKY
DEC 11 - @ NORTH CAROLINA

FEB 20 - @ FURMAN*
FEB 27 - @ SAMFORD*
MAR 06 - VMI*
MAR 13 - THE CITADEL*
MAR 20 - @ MERCER*
MAR 27 - @ ETSU*
APR 03 - CHATTANOOGA*
APR 10 - WOFFORD*

APR 24 - NCAA FCS PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND
By Jonathan Carone
rtb72 wrote: November 8th, 2020, 1:23 am Need to rest Malik on this one, too. Maybe even some of our other starters. Get ready for the wolf pups.
If by rest you mean pull them after getting up multiple scores early, I would agree. Don’t need to sit them the entire game if they’re healthy.
phoenix, CCWMichael liked this
By rtb72
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 8th, 2020, 1:25 am
rtb72 wrote: November 8th, 2020, 1:23 am Need to rest Malik on this one, too. Maybe even some of our other starters. Get ready for the wolf pups.
If by rest you mean pull them after getting up multiple scores early, I would agree. Don’t need to sit them the entire game if they’re healthy.
1st half max. I don't want to overlook WCU, and I'm sure that's what HCHF is telling our guys....every week we are 0-0 and it's the "first game of the season". But I don't see us having trouble here and I don't see risking any potential injuries.
By BlueBlood
Ill flame wrote: November 11th, 2020, 7:54 pm Covid has been great for our exposure. This will be the 5th game this season on national TV. I'm not sure how the ratings have been looking but it can only help recruiting.
For Sure. Perfect storm of a good season and reduced CFB inventory. Early in the season we were making it on national due to really low inventory (most of the P5 wasn't playing). Recently, we've been bumped up twice because of COVID cancellations.

I've said it before - the guys on here have no problem doing the research and finding out how to stream an LU game. You are going to watch it. However, your neighbor across the street is going to watch whatever games are easy to watch (basically the ones on his TV guide). This is very good for LU.

--

BTW- all the COVID cancellations this week got me wondering - has WCU or LU advised what kind of testing/protocols WCU is doing game week? You wouldn't want to see a game like this cause any issues for NC St. game.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]