If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I've seen haters on Twitter posting videos of throws he's missed. People saying he's gonna be on a practice squad in a few years etc. Some people have nothing better to do than post negative things.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Most of the negative twitter junk is from people who have not seen him play, not seen Senior Bowl practices, and have no idea of his chisled 220 lb frame. Just "small school" blather from elitist SEC blowhards that probably would have said the same thing about Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, John Stallworth and Ben Roethlisberger. Can't wait to watch him prove them wrong! But hopefully not in Detroit!
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
To be clear, almost all of what I've been reading is positive on Malik. Hard to dislike him as everyone has pointed out.

It may be in my head but I feel like he's becoming the highest profile player in the draft with all his buzz. Being in Wisconsin, I don't hear a lot of Liberty chatter, but my buddies all have been texting me about Malik Willis.

First thing out of Mckshay seems to always be Malik Willis.
Case and point, the article below (Emily Austin's Interview with Mckshay was embedded as well).
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2 ... pects-more
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
There are Tesla & Apple haters....there will be Malik haters...they're just waiting for something to pounce on. He's by no means a perfect prospect. But he's a high level intangibles guy, which is rare. And that's the stuff you need to be successful and actually win at the next level. Additionally, they are only beginning to scratch the surface with regard to his physical gifts.

As far as the game goes today, it's pretty much an exhibition for entertainment. If there's any real evaluation going on there, only those positioning to draft him would know.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: February 5th, 2022, 10:29 am
paradox wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:48 am There are Tesla & Apple haters....
Lots of good reasons for those. Not as much for Malik.
It's not so much Malik as it is Liberty. I liken this to the verse in the Bible that says "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" (eg. Liberty University)

Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?

From Nazareth came example.

From Nazareth came sight.

From Nazareth came strength.

From Nazareth came life.

From Nazareth came faith.

From Nazareth came peace.

From Nazareth came courage.

From Nazareth came Christ.

To him Nathanael declared, “Thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.” (John 1:49.) I testify that he is Lord of Lords, King of Kings, precious Savior, dear Redeemer. Jesus Christ of Nazareth. There is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we can be saved.

IMHO Malik elicits some very strong emotions from unbelievers when I read some of the comments associated with several articles. My favorite is "my high school team can beat Liberty".
TH Spangler liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
That was exactly the point. Even the best get hated on. And to them for good reasons. Tesla & Apple are the very best at what they do. And yet, haters, who wish them ill, do indeed exist.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 5th, 2022, 12:14 pm
It's not so much Malik as it is Liberty. I liken this to the verse in the Bible that says "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" (eg. Liberty University)

From Nazareth came life.

To him Nathanael declared, “Thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.” (John 1:49.) I testify that he is Lord of Lords, King of Kings, precious Savior, dear Redeemer. Jesus Christ of Nazareth. There is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we can be saved.

IMHO Malik elicits some very strong emotions from unbelievers when I read some of the comments associated with several articles. My favorite is "my high school team can beat Liberty".
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 5th, 2022, 12:14 pm

From Nazareth came life.

Really????? :roll:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Looks like they are giving Howell every chance to see if he belongs. You could fit all of the good QB's that played at UNC and add in all the French war hero's, and they would easily fit in a phone booth. Just ask the Bears (which is another conversation all together). 8)
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
My two favorite parts so far are Malik saying he is using his platform to glorify God.

The second is the Lions coach getting asked how bad he wants Willis on his team, and him saying he's not giving away anything.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Very pedestrian numbers from Malik……other than the rushing :shock:
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
The sample size was so small it's not worth much. Also if there wasn't the holding call and the lack of the facemask call those drives likely don't stall.
badger74 liked this
By Ill flame
He did have the most rushing yards in the game despite only having 4 carries. I didn't get to turn on the game until after his drive but the announcers were very positive about his performance.
By LU 57
Protection was…not great. He did hold it too long on one sack. I agree with not enough of a sample to judge.

Bottom line is, from an evaluation standpoint, the practices are much more important than the game at the Senior Bowl. And there is no doubt he impressed during the practices. He will go in the first round.
By tyndal23
LU 57 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:28 pm Protection was…not great. He did hold it too long on one sack. I agree with not enough of a sample to judge.

Bottom line is, from an evaluation standpoint, the practices are much more important than the game at the Senior Bowl. And there is no doubt he impressed during the practices. He will go in the first round.
His worst pass was a completion, wr had to dig it out of the ground. All other passes were nice. He looked the part. If he would have seen the dude wide open when he scrambled right instead of throwing it out of bounds - would have been player of the game. I think it will be a coin flip between he and Pickett. Shocked to be saying that, but the right nfl experts ( not Twitter ) have been saying it. I don’t care, but would be cool for LU to have 1st QB taken.
LU 57 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:28 pm Protection was…not great. He did hold it too long on one sack. I agree with not enough of a sample to judge.

I’m starting to wonder if Malik is just hard to protect for. Small sample size so far, but eventually if everywhere you go smells like 💩, it’s time to check under your shoe.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
During the week he showcased his passing ability, separated himself from the competition to some degree, and demonstratied elite potential at times. The biggest takeaway from the game would be his toughness, elusive running style, and big-play potential. This is just the beginning of the pre-draft evaluation process.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 6th, 2022, 12:29 pm During the week he showcased his passing ability, separated himself from the competition to some degree, and demonstratied elite potential at times. The biggest takeaway from the game would be his toughness, elusive running style, and big-play potential. This is just the beginning of the pre-draft evaluation process.
The NFL coaches down there didn't waste any time teaching him how to slide. He showed it off at the end of one of his runs. 👍
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]