If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, I read on twitter per Malik's twitter account that his pro-day is today. Anyone else thinking the same thing or know of anything different? I thought pro-day at LU was closer to the end of the month?
By Dalegarz1
Very strange-when you type in search bar: "Malik Willis pro date" March 24th appears in bold print at top page. However, every link below that lists it as March 22nd.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Falcons just traded Ryan to the Colts. Maybe they will be looking to Willis now.
Personally I'd like to see it. I live about an hour away from Atlanta and would love to be able to see him play.
prototype liked this
By jmclaughlin
This is a HUGE day for all LU programs. The NFL draws more eyes and ears than any other sport with the draft hype leading sports talk radio in every major market. I am in the Dallas market and the local sports stations are 80% NFL / Cowboys and 20% everything else. Liberty University will be common vernacular for the next 3 days and with the character of Willis on display, it will be a lasting imprint! Weather looks great, so the campus will pop as well.
Fan the Flames!
Last edited by jmclaughlin on March 22nd, 2022, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
It's a huge day for all draft eligible guys with pro aspirations. Good chance someone else on the team makes an NFL squad or practice squad because of the attention Malik helped create.
rmiller1959, Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If Malik decides to run, I would be surprised if it is not sub 4.6. He doesn't need to do it at all, but if he has been timed recently and knows he can put down a fast one, he may do it.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 10:25 am If Malik decides to run, I would be surprised if it is not sub 4.6. He doesn't need to do it at all, but if he has been timed recently and knows he can put down a fast one, he may do it.
According to GMFB, he's not going to run today. He wants to keep the emphasis on his arm, pocket movement, and taking snaps from under center.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 10:29 am
olldflame wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 10:25 am If Malik decides to run, I would be surprised if it is not sub 4.6. He doesn't need to do it at all, but if he has been timed recently and knows he can put down a fast one, he may do it.
According to GMFB, he's not going to run today. He wants to keep the emphasis on his arm, pocket movement, and taking snaps from under center.
Probably a wise choice. I find the concern about taking snaps under center kind of silly. How many NFL teams actually do that?
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 10:40 am
rmiller1959 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 10:29 am
Probably a wise choice. I find the concern about taking snaps under center kind of silly. How many NFL teams actually do that?
It's certainly becoming less common. According to stats for the 2020 NFL season, the last for which they have full stats, 65% of the snaps were out of the shotgun and 35% were under center. If the play was a run, 69% of those snaps were from under center; if it was a pass, 75% of those snaps were out of the shotgun.
By jmclaughlin
That...was...great!
I am not that old but man did I have the feeling of a proud dad watching his son shine in front of influential eyes. What a blessing Malik Willis is to LU and more importantly, the Kingdom of Christ! Loved hearing the stories of his infectious personality, humility and compassion for everyone around him. Traits of a believer. We need to pray that God continues to shine through Malik and his platform to boldly proclaim his faith. The temptations on him moving forward will be immense and the prayer warriors need to petition the Lord for his protection and wisdom.
So cool to see Malik shine!
Sly Fox, TH Spangler, Baybird and 4 others liked this
By Dalegarz1
Just watched Todd McShay from ESPN reporting from LU practice facility. In his words, Malik Willis, "Put on a Show"at his pro day. I had goose bumps watching the report! I hope he goes to the Steelers. My co-worker for 20 years is Mike Tomlin's mother-in-law and she has shared some things about him that make me believe it would be an awesome place for Malik to play. LU in prime time! As previously mentioned, no one carries the LU mission and values better that Malik. PTL!
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]