If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
He looks to go early in the first. Again, Matt Corral, who is also a believer, looks like another early first round contender. The potential is there for the Ole Miss game to be the biggest game in our history so far. Hopefully, we keep winning, and this game goes national.
Liberty22, ballcoach15 liked this
By Dalegarz1
I think his draft status will be much more defined based on his performance in Oxford. He will be pressured and the d-backs from Ole Miss will play tight coverage.
flameshaw liked this
By tyndal23
alabama24 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 9:34 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 1:07 pm It would be great if College Gameday showed up in Oxford.
I was going to laugh at the idea, but looking at the schedule, no other games "jump out" at me. There's a chance! :lol:
Actually, would have been likely if we had won at Cuse and ranked for over a month ( and Ole MIss was top 20 or so ). Now it is a bit of a long shot.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Heisman Trophy: Most outstanding player
Malik Willis, QB, Liberty Flames

There isn't a more dangerous player in college football than Willis. He might not be a part of a blue-blood program or a well-rounded team, in general, but Willis has been lighting it up for the Flames this season. He is the highest-graded quarterback in the FBS, with a 93.7 mark...
https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... e-hardware
LU 57, flamehunter liked this
By BuryYourDuke
Registration Days Posts
Love the shots at our schedule, but no mention of schedule strength when discussing a Coastal player.
Kricket, LU 57 liked this
By jmclaughlin
Watching the UNT - Marshall game with one eye and...ugh. UNT might be the least disciplined team I have seen this year. Littrell has lost the sideline. Our SOS keeps going south
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 9:34 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 1:07 pm It would be great if College Gameday showed up in Oxford.
I was going to laugh at the idea, but looking at the schedule, no other games "jump out" at me. There's a chance! :lol:
Chance over.
By Dalegarz1
I know this has been cited several times in the past but I feel compelled to point it out again. I so look forward to Malik's post game pressers win or lose. What a spirit filled testimony flows from his heart. I share them with my family (adult children) and friends. More than his athletic ability his unashamed allegiance to bringing God glory makes LU a beacon for a world which so desperately needs it.
TH Spangler, Kricket, flameshaw and 3 others liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Any update on his injury yet?
By jmclaughlin
It is cool to see the level of respect our players get from the opponents after the game. I saw so many examples of good sportsmanship and class from this team. I can say that I blew a lid a few times on after some really poor calls, but not this team. They handle everything with professionalism and ultimately that is what should separate us after the final whistle.
It is incredible to see how far this program has come in 3 years in all aspects!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: October 24th, 2021, 5:11 pm Any update on his injury yet?
News and Advance has an article about him going to a "medical facility" in Denton to get checked out. Saw the headlines but don't have access to the article.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: October 24th, 2021, 6:13 pm News and Advance has an article about him going to a "medical facility" in Denton to get checked out. Saw the headlines but don't have access to the article.
Ballcoach gets the local paper, but I'm not sure how good his reading comprehension is. :oldhag :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
article said he walked out of stadium, "loaded into a passenger van to be transported off site to have his foot evaluated ".
Article also said, "Willis didn't disclose if he was taken to an off site medical facility, but he was away from his teammates more than half an hour"

Thus N&A didn't say exactly where he went.
By rtb72
Kricket wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:45 am If anyone wants to watch it.
How can you not love this young man. He loves God, loves the game, has fun doing what he loves....what a phenomenal representative for LU. Champion for Christ!
Kricket, Baybird liked this
By Dalegarz1
This was the third game with multiple interceptions by MW. Any chance, with his draft position sinking, that he returns for another year?
By LUDad
Dalegarz1 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 4:12 pm This was the third game with multiple interceptions by MW. Any chance, with his draft position sinking, that he returns for another year?
I think that if he drops, it will just be a little lower in the 1st round.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
He'll be evaluated in context. Kinda like Josh Allen. Scouts understand when a player doesn't have enough talent around him.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
When talking about Malik's 3 picks today context matters. The first pick was not his fault as Noah just didn't hold on to the ball per review. I still didn't see enough clear evidence that it was a pick, but I don't see all the views the refs do. The second pick on the wheel route from Shedro was just a poorly under-thrown ball and he has done that now 3 times this year with similar routes. The last one was just Malik trying to do to much in a moment of the game where so many things had to happen in order for us to make it interesting. Furthermore, why the play was designed to go to the short side of the field was beyond me as those are naturally harder throws.

Malik hit some really nice passes today and stood in the pocket a few times while completing a few of them. Depending on how long you think a QB should hold onto the ball 5 or 6 of the 8 sacks were just tick poor offensive line play. Even with the 3 picks, Malik gave us a chance to be in the game today.

We put up 457 yards on the #16 team in the country who happens to be from the SEC. A loss is still a loss but I love the fight in this team and the toughness of Malik!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]