If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
phoenix wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 5:45 pm He probably won't be the #1 pick, but I can see him going in the first round, if he has a season like he had this year.
He may be a first round athlete but I don't think he's a first round passer yet. I have a hard time believing an NFL team will take him above the 4th round unless he improves next season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 8:16 pm He's better than Trey Lance and Lance went third in a loaded QB class. 2022 QB class is considered weak so him going top 10, even top 5, Is a good possibility.
Beat me too it. That pick made me question everything I thought I knew about football. I’m still :dontgetit

3rd around sure. #3 .....?
ballah09 liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 8:54 pm
ballah09 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 8:16 pm He's better than Trey Lance and Lance went third in a loaded QB class. 2022 QB class is considered weak so him going top 10, even top 5, Is a good possibility.
Beat me too it. That pick made me question everything I thought I knew about football. I’m still :dontgetit

I'm right there with you.

Malik has legit 4.3 speed and will probably have the strongest arm coming into the draft. Lance is good but he doesn't have the abilities Malik has.

Bleacherreport has Malik going 14th to the Steelers and NBC sports has him going 12th to the Falcons
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 8:54 pm

This may be turning a little personal around here with the name Trey becoming anathema.
Purple Haize liked this
By Jonathan Carone
A Sea of Red wrote: May 4th, 2021, 7:34 am Since when did the national media have higher belief in a Liberty player/team than the Liberty die hard fans? :lol:
Since they’ve mainly seen highlights and we’ve watched entire games. He absolutely has the potential to get to where these guys are saying he will be, but there will need to be significant progress in areas. Given how hard of a worker he is, and how coachable he is, I think he can get there.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. Teams will prepare better for him this year. Things will be different. His ultimate projections will be based on how he responds and rises to the greater challenge of this year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 4th, 2021, 7:38 am Many of Liberty's die hard fans need to be
"Coached Up"

🏈🏀⚾️🥎
Talking to yourself is a key sign of mental instability
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 9:02 pm Malik has legit 4.3 speed and will probably have the strongest arm coming into the draft. Lance is good but he doesn't have the abilities Malik has.
4.3 is pretty fast. I'd say 4.5 range if I had to guess.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: May 4th, 2021, 8:49 pm
ballah09 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 9:02 pm Malik has legit 4.3 speed and will probably have the strongest arm coming into the draft. Lance is good but he doesn't have the abilities Malik has.
4.3 is pretty fast. I'd say 4.5 range if I had to guess.
Yeah, I'm not sure where that 4.3 number came from, but I don't buy it either. keep in mind, Malik is not some little skinny guy who has to make defenders whiff every time to gain yardage. He's about 220 and has explosive strength as well as speed.
Kricket liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
You can prepare all you want but he can do things that you just cant stop. I just our outside WR are good enough to not hold the offense back.
By jyoung9
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 4th, 2021, 8:50 am
A Sea of Red wrote: May 4th, 2021, 7:34 am Since when did the national media have higher belief in a Liberty player/team than the Liberty die hard fans? :lol:
Since they’ve mainly seen highlights and we’ve watched entire games. He absolutely has the potential to get to where these guys are saying he will be, but there will need to be significant progress in areas. Given how hard of a worker he is, and how coachable he is, I think he can get there.
These guys watch football and project the NFL draft.... to feed their families. I think I trust them more than I trust the Liberty fam community to assess Malik. This isn't a college sophomore watching highlights at this point and posting them on his sports blog. This is national media attention, and these guys watch full games.

The skepticism on this thread is hilarious. After years of this community thinking the media has a bias against Liberty, now instead the media is too high on a player because they were... fooled by highlights? :dontgetit
By Jonathan Carone
If this were next February, I'd absolutely agree with the idea that these guys have watched the film on Malik.

It's May. This year's draft is a week old. There's nothing going in sports. What else are they going to write currently than predictions to draw clicks?

The entire draft process is guys just repeating stuff other guys have said. Even people in the industry say that.

Malik can absolutely live up to what's being said about him, but right now it's just platitudes for clicks. That's the industry.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I nearly swerved off the road a few minutes ago listening to local sports talk discussing the never-ending DeShaun Watson situation. A well-respected national columnist who works middays on the top-rated station just mentioned he hoped the Texans tank under Davis Mills so that the franchise can possibly land Malik Willis in next year's draft after they deal D4. Seriously.
Kricket, phoenix, LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]