If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 10:06 pm
stokesjokes wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 9:50 pm Also, big character points with the viral clip going around of him giving away his gear. Great ambassador for the school.
Any way we can recruit him for President of LU?
Ask again in 15 years. I’ve got a feeling he’ll be busy until then.
rtb72 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 6:24 pm Malik w/impressive 32 on Wonderlic. Brady Was 33. NFL QB average is only 24. His stock is soaring right now.
I'm not sure of the validity of this rumor, not because Malik isn't capable, but from what I've read they aren't doing wonderlic testing anymore. I could be wrong.

To second what everyone else is saying, what an amazing representative for the school and Christianity as a whole. I pray for this kid to stay home he is right now. He has the attitude and platform now. He can make such a huge impact if he stays on course (hard for star athletes for sure).

I was watching Malik throw the deep ball at the combine and the fans cheering him on, and I kind of said to myself, "He's better than the other QBs at practically everything". My wife was actually listening apparently and kind of mock me and asked, "Are you having a proud papa moment?".

I was like, no... I'm not that old...am I? :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: March 4th, 2022, 8:17 am
paradox wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 6:24 pm Malik w/impressive 32 on Wonderlic. Brady Was 33. NFL QB average is only 24. His stock is soaring right now.
I'm not sure of the validity of this rumor, not because Malik isn't capable, but from what I've read they aren't doing wonderlic testing anymore. I could be wrong.

To second what everyone else is saying, what an amazing representative for the school and Christianity as a whole. I pray for this kid to stay home he is right now. He has the attitude and platform now. He can make such a huge impact if he stays on course (hard for star athletes for sure).

I was watching Malik throw the deep ball at the combine and the fans cheering him on, and I kind of said to myself, "He's better than the other QBs at practically everything". My wife was actually listening apparently and kind of mock me and asked, "Are you having a proud papa moment?".

I was like, no... I'm not that old...am I? :lol:
Doing away with the Wonderlic was much discussed, but they did not pull the trigger this year. Probably failed so far in looking for a viable alternative.

https://thespun.com/nfl/malik-willis-of ... rtedly-out
Kricket liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The combo that Malik possesses is extremely rare. Superior athleticism and brains. Add to it his top-flight mental toughness & his relentless determination to win. Character is also off the charts. What's a fair comparison? You have to go back in time to find a guy. Elway mostly? Staubach to a degree? Not sure if anyone else immediately comes to mind with these combinations.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: March 4th, 2022, 8:49 am The combo that Malik possesses is extremely rare. Superior athleticism and brains. Add to it his top-flight mental toughness & his relentless determination to win. Character is also off the charts. What's a fair comparison? You have to go back in time to find a guy. Elway mostly? Staubach to a degree? Not sure if anyone else immediately comes to mind with these combinations.
Staubach is an interesting comparison. I have heard some things about Elway that might cost him some points in the "character" department.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sports talk radio in Philly very high on him today. But they don’t think he’ll last to their pick, and no one here seems to want to give up the farm to get him.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Good lord no.
He’s too nice to work here
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
That seems to be why they like him so much. The video of him helping a homeless fella (which I haven’t seen) put some co-hosts over the top! :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 5th, 2022, 7:39 am That seems to be why they like him so much. The video of him helping a homeless fella (which I haven’t seen) put some co-hosts over the top! :shock:
You can't tell from the video, but based on an interview he did later, it was actually a "gal", and she was not only homeless, but pregnant.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 5th, 2022, 7:39 am That seems to be why they like him so much. The video of him helping a homeless fella (which I haven’t seen) put some co-hosts over the top! :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Mid year I had him 3rd QB taken in about the 3-4th round. His play warranted that. But with his play in the combines etc he’s played himself into an apparent 1st rounder. Good for him and glad I am going to be wrong.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thinking some of the issues this year may have been related to the level of talent surrounding him. Not putting anyone down. Had he been at a P5 with a compliment of elite WR there would be no question about his draft stock
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
PAmedic wrote: March 5th, 2022, 2:13 pm Thinking some of the issues this year may have been related to the level of talent surrounding him. Not putting anyone down. Had he been at a P5 with a compliment of elite WR there would be no question about his draft stock
Not many qb’s look good once they start getting sacked and lose confidence in OL. Some of it was on him, but OL and RTB pass blocking was terrible compared to year prior.
PAmedic, LUOrange liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
As it stands now, he's viewed as a top-10 pick. That's what's being said in NY media w/insider scout info. So, take it for what it's worth.

Lions, Texans, Giants, Panthers, Falcons....all draft before Seahawks at 9. All barring potential trades of course.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The mood here in Houston is that suddenly Malik's emergence has made our #3 pick much more valuable. The Texans won't be taking Malik as they seem to have some misplaced faith in Davis Mills and more glaring needs at nearly every other position. But if the LIons don't take Malik at #2, the prevailing wisdom at this juncture is that some team will want to trade up to #3 and the Texans need a slew of picks.

Obviously the Commanders took themslves out of the Malik race with the bizarre acquisition of Carson Wentz. The Colts came out of that deeal feeling like they stole Washington blind.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]