Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Let the record show that Ballcoach is predicting an LU victory in this game because Fuente will be outcoached by Hugh Freeze. :shock:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 9:23 am ESPN should add 40 to that 10.
ESPN needs to show some love for this match up. Top 25 team playing a 6 and 0 team from down the road. There will be a lot of interest to see what Freeze comes up with.
By LU 57
The marquee ACC matchup that week is Clemson at Notre Dame, which is already scheduled for 7 pm on NBC. UF/UGA is at 3:30 on CBS. Indiana/Ohio State seems likely for the ABC prime time game. BYU/Boise is Friday night on FS1.

No other ACC games featuring top 25 matchups, so perhaps we could pick up a prominent TV slot on the ACCN or one of the ESPNs, particularly if VT is able to beat Louisville, or if we are able to sneak in the Top 25 during the open week.
TH Spangler liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 25th, 2020, 3:46 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 9:23 am ESPN should add 40 to that 10.
ESPN needs to show some love for this match up. Top 25 team playing a 6 and 0 team from down the road. There will be a lot of interest to see what Freeze comes up with.
As of now, VT is no longer a Top 25 team. Actually LU is ranked higher.

Liberty and Clemson are the only two 6-0 teams in the nation.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: October 25th, 2020, 9:00 pm We will be Top 25 after next week. FIU upsets Marshall and GSA upsets Coastal...u awake Purple ?
Don't even think it. :fight Other than LU, Marshall is my favorite team, and they are making a run with a local freshman QB. :woohoo
rtb72 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I would almost rather not be ranked. Anything to keep us under their team’s radar. I know we’ll have the coaches respect, but we can hope the players overlook Liberty and at least allow us to get off to a fast start before they wake up.
PAmedic, LUOrange, rtb72 liked this
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Anyone know how to watch this game in Lynchburg? I checked the guide for saturday but don't see it playing. Does the ACC Network stream the game somewhere else?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: October 26th, 2020, 12:44 pm Anyone know how to watch this game in Lynchburg? I checked the guide for saturday but don't see it playing. Does the ACC Network stream the game somewhere else?
If you have the sports package through Direct TV.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: October 26th, 2020, 12:44 pm Anyone know how to watch this game in Lynchburg? I checked the guide for saturday but don't see it playing. Does the ACC Network stream the game somewhere else?
The game is not til next Saturday.
ballcoach15 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
I'll just post this here for anyone who can't find out games and need a resource at the last minute. To stream the game, type in www.sportsurge.net/#/groups/0. Once younger there select football, then CFB(college football) and then find whoever Liberty is playing. You'll get a variety of streams, so select the one that will work on the device. Bookmark, save or do whatever you need to do to use anytime. Have fun gentlemen and gentlewomen 8)
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 26th, 2020, 2:51 pm I'll just post this here for anyone who can't find out games and need a resource at the last minute. To stream the game, type in www.sportsurge.net/#/groups/0. Once younger there select football, then CFB(college football) and then find whoever Liberty is playing. You'll get a variety of streams, so select the one that will work on the device. Bookmark, save or do whatever you need to do to use anytime. Have fun gentlemen and gentlewomen 8)
I use this as well. Just don’t tell the feds!
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By chris leedlelee
cruzan_flame13 wrote: October 26th, 2020, 7:39 pm Lets say we hypothetically win this game. Would you guys think that we can pull an undefeated season?
In theory, yes we should, because Virginia Tech is the toughest team on our schedule. However, that is still far from what may happen. If we do beat Tech we will definitely have a top 25 ranking though!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 5:31 am Being a VT fan, I can attest the Hokies have lost games that they were heavily favorites and should have won. They don't always "come to play".
So, who are you going to be rooting for?

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]