Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I’m still not sold on their coaching but they got some really talented kids down there.

Flipside being with HCHF I always feel like we have a chance v anyone. Which is new as a LU fan
LUOrange, CCWMichael liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: October 31st, 2020, 5:11 pm Granted, CCU has good record, but have they really played anyone ?

Like Cincinnati, I read where they have best chance ever for a G5 team to make playoffs, but I don't think they have any P5 schools on schedule.
Lol you’re literally talking about us. That article was saying Liberty had the best chance of any G5. We posted it here on this site.
CCU has a good team, but I have watched 4-5 teams today that are not ranked, that are much better ie. VT. They are well coached, but Chadwell is a punk. I would never want him at LU. He reminds me of Gregg Marshall, a good coach, but not a good person.
Being out-coached when we were in the BS, happened every week. We won't be in that position again as long as HF stays. (At least not very often).
We are going to have a very difficult week against VT, if they play like they did today. If we win, it will be almost as big as ASU beating Michigan. They are big, fast and have a great OL.
Their schedule is better, but not by much. Louisiana appeared to be their best win but they have not looked good since and are in danger of losing to texas state tonight. Ark state appears to be down as well.
Last edited by jinxy on October 31st, 2020, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepostman wrote: October 31st, 2020, 9:19 pm Wasn't ASU FCS and Michigan ranked at the time? No way it would be as big of an upset. It would be an upset though. That is for sure.

Tech will be our biggest game of the year for many reasons. There isn't any real reason to exaggerate.
I did use the qualifier "almost". I just couldn't think of another upset that was as memorable. Agree, VT will be our biggest game of the year. It will take a great effort for us to stay close or win. We usually play pretty good in big games. It sure would be nice to win this one.
thepostman liked this
Coastal is good. Their biggest problem right now is not believing their press clippings. They will be LU’s toughest opponent left. VT will be the most important opponent left. People will remember if LU beats Tech. They won’t remember if LU loses (or wins) to Coastal
To say they haven’t played anyone’s is funny if you compare schedules to LU. Chadwell is a really good coach and won’t be at coastal for long
Kricket, LUOrange liked this
Purple Haize wrote: November 1st, 2020, 2:47 am Coastal is good. Their biggest problem right now is not believing their press clippings. They will be LU’s toughest opponent left. VT will be the most important opponent left. People will remember if LU beats Tech. They won’t remember if LU loses (or wins) to Coastal
To say they haven’t played anyone’s is funny if you compare schedules to LU. Chadwell is a really good coach and won’t be at coastal for long
I agree that Chadwell probably won't be there long, and hopefully, that's the difference between us and Coastal. We're both programs on the rise, but in the grand scheme of things, Coastal's no different than most others schools. With our mission, we're more unique and attractive to some, and will almost always be the underdog. Hopefully, that is the difference that keeps bringing us recruits like Zachary and others, and keeps Freeze around a lot longer here than Chadwell's likely to stay in Conway.
Purple Haize liked this
Does anybody know what the ticket/attendance situation is at Coastal? I’d really like to go if at all possible. It’s the closest game to me this year.
Still no for me. I guess it could be if we happen to get there undefeated, but we have a long way to go still for that. NC State is a good team, we won't take them by surprise. Watched a lot of the CCU game today. We were the best looking team by far today, but will we be on Dec5th?
I suspect they are playing down to their competition today and looking up at their poll numbers.
Our QB is much better and so is our offense. It will all come down to our D again. They sure looked good today.
flameshaw wrote: November 7th, 2020, 11:22 pm Still no for me. I guess it could be if we happen to get there undefeated, but we have a long way to go still for that. NC State is a good team, we won't take them by surprise. Watched a lot of the CCU game today. We were the best looking team by far today, but will we be on Dec5th?
I suspect they are playing down to their competition today and looking up at their poll numbers.
Our QB is much better and so is our offense. It will all come down to our D again. They sure looked good today.
You old stick in the mud :lol:
NC State is a very good team. Undefeated is tough. But, we won one of those crazy games along the way that can make those things happen. Not losing my faith on this one. Our coaching staff has our boys tuned up to compete and that alone despite probability lets me pull for possibility.
flameshaw liked this
I said last week their schedules was not much better than ours and was met with several disagreeing posts. Coastal is solid and will be a big test for us but their schedule is def worse than ours now. Arkansas state is down. Louisiana is solid. App state isnt quite as good this year either.
Agree @Kricket

For our sake, I'll be Coastal's big fan up until we play them. If, and it is still an if at this point, we remain unbeaten and can end the season playing an unbeaten ranked Coastal team. That would not only be so much fun for us as fans but also add strength to our schedule.

I don't want to get too far ahead here because NC State is going be tough. But to be 7-0 at this point, something i thought was impossible...well, I'm all in. Anything is possible.
Liberty22, CCWMichael liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]