Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

The teal turf is not as UGLY as I remember it. The sun must have bleached it out from when it was new.
Cider Jim wrote: November 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm The teal turf is not as UGLY as I remember it. The sun must have bleached it out from when it was new.
Yes, it looks faded, but personally I think that makes it even uglier. So far this game is not even as close as the score says. The beach chickens got a 75 yard TD pass in their first play and App has pretty much dominated since.
Coastal looked horrible in the first half, and App State gave the game away in the second half on turnovers.
If UCF beats Cincy CCU staying undefeated is a huge help to us. If we face them with both still undefeated I don’t think there could be any question about the highest ranked non-P5 team at the end of the regular season. Just some perspective...

They would have 3 P5 Wins, a likely Top 15 win, and most likely at least one more win than anyone else in the country (11). The only non-P5 team in the last 22 years to get close to beating 3 P5 teams was 2008 Utah with 2. Cincy and BYU play zero P5 teams this year. Despite our bad schedule in terms of opponent records I think we finish at a minimum Top 12 and likely Top 10 if we win out and Cincy loses.
Liberty22 liked this
With our loss to NC State...Coastal's win today is huge. It means they will stay ranked. If LU and Coastal both take care of business next week...the LU will go into Conway unranked, but playing the #15 team in the country. LU gets the upset...and finishes the year in the top 25. This is all still possible because of Coastal's comeback today.
jimflamesfan wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 1:50 am With our loss to NC State...Coastal's win today is huge. It means they will stay ranked. If LU and Coastal both take care of business next week...the LU will go into Conway unranked, but playing the #15 team in the country. LU gets the upset...and finishes the year in the top 25. This is all still possible because of Coastal's comeback today.
I am ticked a ton in the media are still harping we played no one and the loss to NC State proves it. All the turnovers and we still almost won. For this reason this will be a huge game for us if we can get them undefeated. We need to grill the beach chickens. I'd bet then all the media will be like "well it was an undefeated coastal after all".
If the Dline that showed up against appy shows up against us we will crush them.
ESPN to start
"After climbing to No. 21 on the strength of eight wins against bad to average opponents, Liberty's undefeated run is over. The Flames had a chance to go ahead with 1:18 left in the game but NC State's Vi Jones blocked a 39-yard field goal to preserve a 15-14 win for the Wolfpack. Neither team was particularly sharp and Liberty's three turnovers proved costly. -- Kyle Bonagura"
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ee-moments
How is that negative? It’s absolutely true. Seven of our eight wins are against really bad teams. But you play the games on your schedule. It’d be wrong for a journalist not to mention in when talking about the merits of this year’s team. It’s why yesterday was such an important game.
LUAlum1215 liked this
Even in losing it proved we belong in the discussion. Freeze and willis our 2 biggest strengths had their worst games in their time here and we lost by 1 on the road at a top 4 acc school (throwing ND out).

So impressed with the defensive adjustments and tenacity in the second half. If state had a stud qb they are easily the 2nd best team in acc. Hockman does just enough. Coverage was outstanding almost all game. The front 6 and 7 showed a ton of heart and fight. I loved that emption when they drew that false start to make it 3rd and 7. They were flying around striking people in the second half. Gotta hand it to the defensive staff
CCWMichael liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]