Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:11 pm Those over ranked Big 10 and PAC 12 teams are clogging up the Top 25. None of them should be there, since they sit out half the season.
Love ya ballcoach, but time to give this one a rest. 8)
Ill flame liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 7th, 2020, 9:03 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:11 pm Those over ranked Big 10 and PAC 12 teams are clogging up the Top 25. None of them should be there, since they sit out half the season.
Love ya ballcoach, but time to give this one a rest. 8)
I can't let it rest, because the integrity of college football will be damaged if a Big 10 or PAC 12 team makes playoffs. They didn't want to play, but later decided they wanted Ohio State and Oregon in playoffs. So they came up with an abbreviated cupcake schedule for both.
And the media and pollsters started slobbering over them.
By rtb72
Liberty22 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:04 pm I don’t think we’ll move much unfortunately. Several of the back half top 25 won as well. We will move at least two spots.
I'm comfortable here....I really think being underestimated and coming in as an underdog makes these kids more hungry.
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I've seen multiple articles offhandedly mention Liberty could get playoff committee looks if they can remain undefeated (easier said than done).

Playoffs is practically impossible but being anywhere near the conversation is pretty cool to think about.
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
We have the best win, but I'm not sure we can say definitively say we our resume is better to this point. I think our resume is close to Coastal's.

That being said, neither Liberty or Coastal should be ranked in the teens. Marshall's resume isn't that good either. All three should be in the 20s.

Being a homer I'd say, Liberty, Coastal, then Marshall. Our win at VA Tech is the best. Winning at Syracuse isn't a bad win despite their record either. Coastal has a win at Louisiana which is pretty good but not as good as us beating Tech. Kansas is a worse team than Syracuse. Libertys top 2 wins are better than Coastal's in my opinion.

Marshall's resume is a distant 3rd simply because all they have to show is an App State win at home.
flameshaw liked this
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY RISES IN BOTH TOP 25 POLLS
By: Jon Manson

Liberty has moved into the Coaches Top 25 Poll for the first time in school history, checking in at No. 22, with 234 points. Meanwhile, in the Associated Press Top 25 poll, the Flames are also ranked No. 22, moving up from last week’s No. 25 ranking.
badger74 liked this
By Geraldos Mustache
Will be curious to see this week's rankings.
Our win vs. W. Carolina was convincing. We needed to put up a 58-14 score with 600+ yard of total offense.
I think this allows us to hold our #22 ranking.

Too bad VT couldn't hang on to defeat #9 Miami. I think Miami drops in their ranking a couple slots due to almost losing to an unranked VT squad. I watched most of the VT game and have to admit - VT is a very good team with plenty of athleticism and playmakers. Despite that, Liberty controlled the game throughout. It really was an impressive win for our boys.
By Ill flame
#19 ranked SMU was the only top 25 team to lose this week so we should move up at least one spot to 21. Texas hasn't played in a couple weeks so I wouldn't be suprised if we jump ahead of them either.

Next week will be a great opportunity to jump in the rankings. Besides us #7 Cincinnati, #10 Indiana, #14 Ok St and #20 USC are projected to be under dogs by FPI. CCU is a toss up vs App St and iowa st isn't huge favorites against K state.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 15th, 2020, 1:41 am #19 ranked SMU was the only top 25 team to lose this week so we should move up at least one spot to 21. Texas hasn't played in a couple weeks so I wouldn't be suprised if we jump ahead of them either.

Next week will be a great opportunity to jump in the rankings. Besides us #7 Cincinnati, #10 Indiana, #14 Ok St and #20 USC are projected to be under dogs by FPI. CCU is a toss up vs App St and iowa st isn't huge favorites against K state.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -rankings/
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Serious question. Do you ever try to remove your biases from your assessments?

The ACC is clearly weaker than the Big 10. The PAC 12 is weaker as well and arguably the Big 12 might be weaker than the Big 10 as well.
Kricket, Ill flame liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 8:33 am Serious question

Why does the media/pollsters sleep with the Big 10 ?
Because the Big 10 pays big money
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Had Tech beaten Miami, that would've helped us immensely
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY REMAINS IN BOTH TOP 25 POLLS
By: Jon Manson

Liberty improved to 8-0 on Saturday with a 58-14 win over Western Carolina as the Flames continue the best ever start in program history. Liberty remained No. 22 in this week’s Coaches Top 25 Poll, and the Flames moved up from No. 22 to No. 21 in the Associated Press Top 25 poll.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: November 15th, 2020, 9:33 am Had Tech beaten Miami, that would've helped us immensely
You think?

I’m not sure sure.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I don't know if it's changed since I went but th[…]

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]