Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Tnobes
rtb72 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:43 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 12:00 pm Okay, we've established that he likes losing , he wants to lose to Oregon, he probably wants to lose to ole miss next year and he would love coming in 2nd in the olympics. If my child got a silver medal in the olympics I would be heartbroken for them knowing that they sacrifed so much only to fail.
So you would consider your child a failure if they won a silver medal at the World Olympics???
Try reading. I said heartbroken FOR them. If they trained for years and got beat how do you think they would feel? No olympic athlete is satisfied with silver or bronze, it's that drive to be number one that makes them olympic athletes to begin with.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 7th, 2021, 11:33 pm People - the foe option is your friend.
Which is where trolls go
By rtb72
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:44 pm
rtb72 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:43 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 12:00 pm Okay, we've established that he likes losing , he wants to lose to Oregon, he probably wants to lose to ole miss next year and he would love coming in 2nd in the olympics. If my child got a silver medal in the olympics I would be heartbroken for them knowing that they sacrifed so much only to fail.
So you would consider your child a failure if they won a silver medal at the World Olympics???
Try reading. I said heartbroken FOR them. If they trained for years and got beat how do you think they would feel? No olympic athlete is satisfied with silver or bronze, it's that drive to be number one that makes them olympic athletes to begin with.
Try reading your own post before you post. Clarity matters. You are speaking of the child "knowing" they failed. Your application of the word is based on your expectation...not the kid's. Therefore YOU assigned the label of failure, as it was YOU who applied the standard. Maybe instead of putting words in other's mouths as with PH...you should check your own when implication is key to inference. You are "heartbroken" because your kid didn't meet YOUR standard, while success in such a way by most others would be considered amazing? So by your standard....if LU is in the CFP and loses the National Championship game....they are failures? SMDH
Last edited by rtb72 on January 8th, 2021, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Haize liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:53 pm I've lived in big 10 country my entire life,
Ah. This explains why you don’t understand football. I’ll be more gracious in my comments moving forward.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: January 8th, 2021, 1:23 am
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:39 pm If liberty losses to ole miss next year by 3 points will you be satisfied with the game?
I’ll take it! No takebacks!
Now in the mind of TrollNobes he would say that given the choice between beating Ole Miss or losing to them by 3 you’ve have obviously signified that you would much prefer LU losing by 3 than winning.
Once you realize they are a Troll, the thinking makes sense
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Yes. Losing is MUCH better than winning. The clearest path to being written about EVERY week of the season is to be in RYAN MCGEE’s weekly column, “The Bottom Ten!”
Just John liked this
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:31 am I don't so much have a problem with our ranking as I do with a team we beat and 2 teams that they beat being several spots above us.
Is it ranking the better team or the better season?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Looking ahead to next year, I find it somewhat humorous and not at all surprising that CCU is playing Kansas for the 3rd year in a row. That has Joe Moglia written all over it. You get to say you beat a P5 team, when actually you did nothing.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is the better team and had a better season. We were a field goal away from being 1 of only 2 undefeated teams in the nation.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote: January 12th, 2021, 9:19 am Looking ahead to next year, I find it somewhat humorous and not at all surprising that CCU is playing Kansas for the 3rd year in a row. That has Joe Moglia written all over it. You get to say you beat a P5 team, when actually you did nothing.
They signed a 2-for-1. That's what you do as a G5 if you want P5 home games. You could say the same exact thing about our Syracuse game.
BlueBlood, Baybird, LUOrange liked this
By BlueBlood
Thrilled!!

And BTW - tied for Freeze's second-best finish ever. Freeze's Ole Miss teams finished #10 in 2015 and #17 in 2014.
LU 57 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I could live with a similar trajectory in Coach Freeze's current run.

Really curious to see how the Coaches Poll looks when it is revealed.

For the record, Louisiana had a better season than Coastal and will be a VERY stiff opponent for us in November. And USC saved the Pac-12 from being completely shut out of the final rankings.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Syracuse is down right now, but they are only a couple of years removed from beating Clemson. Really can't compare them with Kansas, which is a long time dumpster fire and a sweet deal for any decent G5 team. Also, while a 2 for 1 is SOP, getting those games 3 years in a row is not.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 9:20 am Liberty is the better team and had a better season.
I agree, but the pollsters are charged with determining the better team.

I do believe there is a bit of bias against us. I do believe there was a bit of hype for Coastal to start the season. Hopefully next season we can show them that we are the better team/program.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I am super grateful for our 17th ranking to the end the season. However, we are better than Coastal, 9 out of 10 times we beat them better as such with Louisiana Lafeyette. I also think BYU is better than Coastal and Louisiana. To have Coastal and Louisiana ranked higher than us is bull crap!!!
By jmclaughlin
Devils advocating: I think the 17th slot is an over achievement of biblical proportions. We have to be real to the schedule that we played and the teams that were historically down this year. On August 31, 2020 if we knew we would go 10-1 with the schedule ahead of us, we would be have deserved that merit. However, almost every team we played had a poor season by expectations. The argument for Coastal being above us is that they had 2 better wins than we did in UL and BYU. Throw in an additional W and a conference schedule played, objectively I get it their ranking.
In the end, we got the W over them and that's what really matters. No one remembers the post season rankings, outside of maybe the top 4 teams. We will remember the bowl win over Coastal, and they certainly will. They would happily trade the ranking for the win over us!
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]