Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
LIBERTY RECEIVES VOTE IN COACHES POLL

Liberty received one vote, effectively ranking 56th. The Flames are 3-0 with wins over Western Kentucky, Florida International, and North Alabama. Liberty plays host to Louisiana-Monroe this coming Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for noon on ESPNU.

Other notables:

VT ranked 18th
Coastal is receiving 38 votes
By cruzan_flame13
I remember speaking about these things when I became a member of ASOR. That was about four years ago and I never thought we would be FBS, receive a known coach who knows how to win recruits (with the help of staff) plus games and be mentioned with a vote(s) in any top 25 chats until the latest 2020's-30's. All of this have occurred in less than half a decade and it doesn't seem so crazy after all :lol: . Shout out to the Lord and all the people that He has brought and is still bringing to the mountain. I just hope we don't turn into UCF fans but I sure hope we build more supporters and respect. Hoping for a wonderful decade in academics, athletics and community building!
TH Spangler, CCWMichael, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Coastal plays at the Cajuns this week. They likely will be Top 25 if they take care of business. They may be our toughest opponent on the remainder of the schedule.

I wish we had a shot at Florida State this fall.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 4th, 2020, 6:30 pm I wish we had a shot at Florida State this fall.
I wish we had a shot at DUKE this fall as well. It's just not enough to beat them in Quiz Bowl. Study I want LU to beat them in football, too. :fbplayer
CCWMichael liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Cider Jim wrote: October 4th, 2020, 6:45 pm
Sly Fox wrote: October 4th, 2020, 6:30 pm I wish we had a shot at Florida State this fall.
I wish we had a shot at DUKE this fall as well. It's just not enough to beat them in Quiz Bowl. Study I want LU to beat them in football, too. :fbplayer
A Diploma Mill beating a prestigious school? That can't be possible!! :lol:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 4th, 2020, 6:30 pm Coastal plays at the Cajuns this week. They likely will be Top 25 if they take care of business. They may be our toughest opponent on the remainder of the schedule.

I wish we had a shot at Florida State this fall.
I don't believe Coastal could beat any of the ACC skools we are going to play. JMHO.
Ill flame liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I disagree. They have looked better than us so far. I think we have a better chance at getting better as the season goes on but right now they are the better team.
By Ill flame
I definitely like the direction this program is going and I think there will be a time in the not so distant future that we are flirting with the top 25 but this isn't the year. We won't get much respect until we are dominating our weak schedule in the same way App St dominates the sunbelt. I think HF can get us there though.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 4th, 2020, 7:18 pm I disagree. They have looked better than us so far. I think we have a better chance at getting better as the season goes on but right now they are the better team.
Not sure if you were disagreeing with me or not. However, I do agree that CCU does look like the better team right now. It should be a pretty good game when we play them. We still have a lot of work to do and could have 4 losses or more going down there. I don't expect it, but it is possible.
By Jonathan Carone
The hard part of that Coastal game is we will have likely lost three of five going into it.

The good part is we will have 2-3 weeks to prepare for it with 1-2 of those weeks being after exams when the only focus is football.
By tyndal23
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 4th, 2020, 8:52 pm The hard part of that Coastal game is we will have likely lost three of five going into it.

The good part is we will have 2-3 weeks to prepare for it with 1-2 of those weeks being after exams when the only focus is football.
One week at a time boys...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'd love for LU to be ranked, but to put polls in perspective, UVA got 9 votes in AP Poll this week. The Boo Hoos are 1-3, should be 0-4, but they came back and beat Duke for their only win.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
:lol: :lol:
ballcoach15 wrote: October 18th, 2020, 2:40 pm I'd love for LU to be ranked, but to put polls in perspective, UVA got 9 votes in AP Poll this week. The Boo Hoos are 1-3, should be 0-4, but they came back and beat Duke for their only win.
Your frame of reference always circles back to UVA hate :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I never pass up an opportunity to "take a shot" at UVA football.

But as much as I dislike boo hoos, I know a LU employee who hates them more than I do.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just saw on ESPN website rankings for each P5 conferences and Group of 5. LU is ranked 8th in G5.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Here is the G5 ranking and the link:
1. Cincinnati
2. BYU
3. SMU
4. Coastal Carolina
5. Memphis
6. Marshall
7. Army
8. Liberty
9. Louisiana
10. UAB

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... r-rankings
Liberty22 liked this
By VarsityLu
ballcoach15 wrote:All those teams should be ranked ahead of all Big 10 and PAC 12 teams.
Just for kicks let me ask you a question: do you think Liberty could beat Ohio State right now? How about Penn State? if your answer is honest, you will have blown up your argument for those schools not being ranked. Of course they should be ranked. It's no different than pre-season rankings. We know who the players are and we know how they are coached. This nonsense complaining is almost as bad as UCF claiming a national title in 2017.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Big 10 and PAC 10 are not playing as of now. After sitting out part of season they decided to play to get Ohio State and possibly Oregon into playoffs. Both conferences will play a reduced watered down schedule. Pollsters and playoff committee should ignore them.

A 2 loss SEC team would be better team than an undefeated Big 10 or PAc 12 team. Heck maybe even a 2 loss ACC team
By VarsityLu
ballcoach15 wrote: October 21st, 2020, 2:23 pm The Big 10 and PAC 10 are not playing as of now. After sitting out part of season they decided to play to get Ohio State and possibly Oregon into playoffs. Both conferences will play a reduced watered down schedule. Pollsters and playoff committee should ignore them.

A 2 loss SEC team would be better team than an undefeated Big 10 or PAc 12 team. Heck maybe even a 2 loss ACC team
You didn't answer my questions. Would Liberty beat Ohio State? Would Liberty beat Penn State?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]