Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
I just saw it and rushed over here as quick as possible. Definetly cool, but VT, NCST, and Coastal on deck. I watched Coastal yesterday and they are impressive.
By cruzan_flame13
lawrenceq wrote: November 1st, 2020, 3:48 pm I just saw it and rushed over here as quick as possible. Definetly cool, but VT, NCST, and Coastal on deck. I watched Coastal yesterday and they are impressive.
Yes, but lets not just push WCU and UMASS aside just because. We are not to that point as of yet to sort of do so.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 1st, 2020, 3:10 pm Who ever thought Liberty vs Virginia Tech would include a ranked team and it wouldn’t be Virginia Tech?
POST OF THE YEAR :shock: :clapping
bluedevilflame liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ohio State looks awfully good. I do t care who it’s against. If you’re smart enough, you can see talent even against a bad team. BC, I don’t like B1G either, but Ohio State is legit.

Clemson avoided disaster. What does it say about the ACC if they fall to ND one week after barely scraping by BC?

The best four team I’ve seen so far, regardless of opponents, are Alabama, ND, Ohio State and Clemson. Cincy is awfully fast, but I wonder about size in tranches relative to the other four. UGA is really good, too. After that, there’s a real drop off.
By Logic
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:05 pm
Logic wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:03 pm BUT GUYS.... We needed more success at the FCS level first!

Guffaw!

Go Flames!
We are all glad this idea didn't age well! #Lightemup

I know it’s getting old...I should probably stop..but it is wayyyy too much fun to get under Haize’s skin.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Logic wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:03 pm BUT GUYS.... We needed more success at the FCS level first!

Guffaw!

Go Flames!
I know I'm not the only one who had that opinion around here but I have repeatedly admitted I was very wrong. I get the told you so attitude initially but it is kind of getting old.

I'm glad I was wrong and can't wait for Saturday.
By cruzan_flame13
Logic wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:15 pm

Guffaw!

Go Flames!

I know it’s getting old...I should probably stop..but it is wayyyy too much fun to get under Haize’s skin.
Haize was on me too at the beginning, but I rather PH than other people I've seen in other forms :lol:
By cruzan_flame13
chris leedlelee wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:28 pm
Redbonebandit wrote: November 1st, 2020, 4:48 pm Wow wish Doc were alive to see LU ranked
Oh, he has seen it I'm sure :D
I believe so too. I look at that video when he's mentioning us being in the likes of ND and BYU with a smile on his face amongst the congregation. I'm sure many there thought he was a nut case, but he knew something they didn't know. That's why I dont think what tyndal is stating is not so crazy as most believe. We are in a time period so much differently than what the older grandfather schools had to go through before they became top blue collars (although I'm sure it wasn't 100% clean). We've become a billion plus endowed school in half a century and now the leadership has an idea of what we can do with what happened today. We are going in the right direction.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Logic wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:15 pm

Guffaw!

Go Flames!

Who are you and why are you under my skin?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:55 pm That's why I dont think what tyndal is stating is not so crazy as most believe.
I love that Tyndal continues to defend the P5 equivalent plan. It's not crazy if there is 100% buy-in to that vision from 1/ administration 2/ athletic department and 3/coaching staff. Not only is it not crazy, it will work.

If there is not 100% buy-in to the vision, PH is absolutely right that it will not work and could get ugly.

I know which option Doc would have chosen.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 11:26 am
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:55 pm That's why I dont think what tyndal is stating is not so crazy as most believe.
I love that Tyndal continues to defend the P5 equivalent plan. It's not crazy if there is 100% buy-in to that vision from 1/ administration 2/ athletic department and 3/coaching staff. Not only is it not crazy, it will work.

If there is not 100% buy-in to the vision, PH is absolutely right that it will not work and could get ugly.

I know which option Doc would have chosen.
Yep P5 all the way
By cruzan_flame13
I saw some.some post that we might jump up two because of the losses from Michigan and Boise State. I was a huge supporter of Michigan growing up but turned only to support Liberty. I never thought I'd see Liberty ranked higher than UM until later in my life.
Liberty22 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No doubt we move up a couple. How far we move up all depends on how the rest of the top 25 perform.

One thing is certain. We proved today we belong in the top 25
Liberty22 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Those over ranked Big 10 and PAC 12 teams are clogging up the Top 25. None of them should be there, since they sit out half the season.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]