Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:55 pm Big 12, SEC, ACC
Where do their Commissioners state this?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:03 pm Actions speaks louder than words PH, duuhhhh :lol: :D
Then why are they playing Ohio St?
By Tnobes
I've lived in big 10 country my entire life, Ohio State has never been "good". They play good defense and run the football all game to control the clock, it's a totally unwatchable style of football and their competition dies of boredom. Their running back needed to run for over 300 yards to beat northwestern. It's why they typically go undefeated and get into a big bowl game and lose 41-14 to Florida or 38-24 to LSU, or get wrecked by Clemson. Justin fields actually put together a good performance in the game so kudos to him but ohio state is a pretender most of the time, historically usually only michigan and Wisconsin are good in the big10, so ohio state only needs to play 2 tough opponents and then they walk into the playoffs, unlike the SEC which is usually a gauntlet. Granted some big 10 teams have gotten better and some SEC schools have gotten worse. But in a typical year Ohio State plays absolutely nobody until they meet Michigan in the last game
By Tnobes
Ohio state also needed a phantom pass interference call that came 10 minutes after the game was over to beat the hurricanes for the championship
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:53 pm I've lived in big 10 country my entire life, Ohio State has never been "good". They play good defense and run the football all game to control the clock, it's a totally unwatchable style of football and their competition dies of boredom. Their running back needed to run for over 300 yards to beat northwestern. It's why they typically go undefeated and get into a big bowl game and lose 41-14 to Florida or 38-24 to LSU, or get wrecked by Clemson. Justin fields actually put together a good performance in the game so kudos to him but ohio state is a pretender most of the time, historically usually only michigan and Wisconsin are good in the big10, so ohio state only needs to play 2 tough opponents and then they walk into the playoffs, unlike the SEC which is usually a gauntlet. Granted some big 10 teams have gotten better and some SEC schools have gotten worse. But in a typical year Ohio State plays absolutely nobody until they meet Michigan in the last game
I’m not sure anyone is arguing the B1G is better than the SEC in football
By Tnobes
I'm saying Ohio State always has a great record and goes to the playoffs and even championship game, but they play a super weak schedule a grind it out keep the ball away style of offense and can never be held up there with the pete carroll USC teams or bobby bowden teams of old where they were clearly dominant teams loaded with talent and offensive firepower. Winning is the name of the game and Ohio State wins games, no argument. But I think they are artificially "good". I've been watching them in the Big10 for 46 years, I've gone to Ohio State games in person
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 5th, 2021, 12:08 am I'm saying Ohio State always has a great record and goes to the playoffs and even championship game, but they play a super weak schedule a grind it out keep the ball away style of offense and can never be held up there with the pete carroll USC teams or bobby bowden teams of old where they were clearly dominant teams loaded with talent and offensive firepower. Winning is the name of the game and Ohio State wins games, no argument. But I think they are artificially "good". I've been watching them in the Big10 for 46 years, I've gone to Ohio State games in person
So they ARE good but not great? Because earlier you were saying they were NOT good. I can understand the not Great argument and probably go along with it to a point. I would still put them ahead of ND. Michigan has been crap for awhile now so I’m not sure where you’ve been pulling that from. Simply put Ohio St is the best team from a good Conference. They are in no way dynastic like The U or Bama (whom they beat in 2014/15 for the Natty and you’ve failed to mention). They will always be in the conversation because even though you don’t like their style, they still are pretty good. This year they’ve hot some dang speed on the outside as well. Bama will probably crush them though.
By Geraldos Mustache
Tnobes wrote: January 5th, 2021, 1:16 am I call troy aikman and Michael irvin "good" but they weren't joe montana and jerry rice
You major in hyperbole. That's frustrating.
Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin are HOF players and worthy of a better definition than "good".
If Joe Montana and Jerry Rice are A+, then Aikman/Irvin are an A.

Your assessment of Ohio State and the Big 10 conference is somewhat accurate but terribly over-exaggerated. Again - that's frustrating.
Liberty22 liked this
By Tnobes
Geraldos Mustache wrote: January 5th, 2021, 1:16 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 5th, 2021, 1:16 am I call troy aikman and Michael irvin "good" but they weren't joe montana and jerry rice
You major in hyperbole. That's frustrating.
Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin are HOF players and worthy of a better definition than "good".
If Joe Montana and Jerry Rice are A+, then Aikman/Irvin are an A.

Your assessment of Ohio State and the Big 10 conference is somewhat accurate but terribly over-exaggerated. Again - that's frustrating.
There is elite and then there is good/decent. Why would you give respect to those who fail to be number 1?
By Tnobes
I can't imagine you'd feel too good about coming in 2nd in an olympic event when you trained for gold for so long
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 6th, 2021, 7:58 pm I can't imagine you'd feel too good about coming in 2nd in an olympic event when you trained for gold for so long
I love lamp
By Tnobes
Okay, we've established that he likes losing , he wants to lose to Oregon, he probably wants to lose to ole miss next year and he would love coming in 2nd in the olympics. If my child got a silver medal in the olympics I would be heartbroken for them knowing that they sacrifed so much only to fail.
By rtb72
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 12:00 pm Okay, we've established that he likes losing , he wants to lose to Oregon, he probably wants to lose to ole miss next year and he would love coming in 2nd in the olympics. If my child got a silver medal in the olympics I would be heartbroken for them knowing that they sacrifed so much only to fail.
So you would consider your child a failure if they won a silver medal at the World Olympics???
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:43 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2021, 12:00 pm Okay, we've established that he likes losing , he wants to lose to Oregon, he probably wants to lose to ole miss next year and he would love coming in 2nd in the olympics. If my child got a silver medal in the olympics I would be heartbroken for them knowing that they sacrifed so much only to fail.
So you would consider your child a failure if they won a silver medal at the World Olympics???
In that case the child's father would be the failure, not the child.
rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like you need your med checks. Not sure what fantasy world you live in but the first part of your comment is false and the last just sad.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
An Olympic silver medal isn't exactly the same as a participation trophy. Call me weak, but I'd be pretty proud if my kids if they won an Olympic silver medal. But what do I know?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 7th, 2021, 8:16 pm An Olympic silver medal isn't exactly the same as a participation trophy. Call me weak, but I'd be pretty proud of my kids if they won an Olympic silver medal. But what do I know?
Yeah. How you could be crushed that your kid was an Olympic Medalist is a sad commentary on who you are as an individual Just BEING an Olympic athlete is an incredible feat. I work with a lady who missed the Olympics by hundredths of seconds in 2 events. She would have loved to made the team. Loved to medaled. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t training to finish second. She IS proud of her US records but they’ve long since been eclipsed. You know what couldn’t be taken away? An Olympic medal
thepostman, rtb72 liked this
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 7th, 2021, 8:20 pm
thepostman wrote: January 7th, 2021, 8:16 pm An Olympic silver medal isn't exactly the same as a participation trophy. Call me weak, but I'd be pretty proud of my kids if they won an Olympic silver medal. But what do I know?
Yeah. How you could be crushed that your kid was an Olympic Medalist is a sad commentary on who you are as an individual Just BEING an Olympic athlete is an incredible feat. I work with a lady who missed the Olympics by hundredths of seconds in 2 events. She would have loved to made the team. Loved to medaled. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t training to finish second. She IS proud of her US records but they’ve long since been eclipsed. You know what couldn’t be taken away? An Olympic medal
You just made my point. She missed the olympics by a hair, and I'm sure was crushed at the time to not have made it when she had trained so hard, I'm sure her parents were also sad that she missed her dream because they wanted her to succeed because she wanted to succeed. So thanks for agreeing with me.
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 7th, 2021, 8:13 pm
Sounds like you need your med checks. Not sure what fantasy world you live in but the first part of your comment is false and the last just sad.
If liberty losses to ole miss next year by 3 points will you be satisfied with the game?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]