Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I got all 6 of mine and picked out my parking spot today. 8) 8) Might be my last year if things don't change though. We will see. Flames Club member for 25+ years and at least 2 name changes. Play Hockey
TH Spangler liked this
By LU 57
flameshaw wrote: September 15th, 2020, 8:47 pm I got all 6 of mine and picked out my parking spot today. 8) 8) Might be my last year if things don't change though. We will see. Flames Club member for 25+ years and at least 2 name changes. Play Hockey
💰💰💰 :lol:
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Today was Director's Day for club seating. If there are additional seats available for next week's game, it's likely no one has been contacted yet.
rtb72 liked this
By CCWMichael
I just phoned the Flames Club.
We have had hotel reservations since last year and could use knowing if we should cancel the next home game reservations.
Or, actually re book.
Liberty (owner of that Marriott) cancelled all five of our home dates that we had reserved for since the schedule was released .... all but the changed game but we were still able to reserve the new game as soon as it was scheduled. Apparently they are now using the Fairfield for students only.
This is entirely another point of grrr.

To the point, I was told they have not finalized tickets for that game yet.
By CCWMichael
CCWMichael wrote: September 17th, 2020, 2:33 pm I just phoned the Flames Club.
We have had hotel reservations since last year and could use knowing if we should cancel the next home game reservations.
Or, actually re book.
Liberty (owner of that Marriott) cancelled all five of our home dates that we had reserved for since the schedule was released .... all but the changed game but we were still able to reserve the new game as soon as it was scheduled. Apparently they are now using the Fairfield for students only.

To the point, I was told they have not finalized tickets for game 1 yet.
By hoop20
CCWMichael wrote: September 17th, 2020, 2:33 pm I just phoned the Flames Club.
Or, actually re book.

To the point, I was told they have not finalized tickets for that game yet.
Yea, unfortunately they had to use Fairfield as additional quarantine space for students. That probably messed up multiple people for the home football games.
CCWMichael liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 3:00 pm I'm still looking for my 2 free tickets to a LU baseball game , that I won earlier this year.
I got a better one than that. Many,many years ago, I donated $1000 to "buy/donate a locker" for the new, now old, FOC. I purchased a specific number that was my uniform number when I played at LU. It never happened and now we are on to a new building and the price has doubled for the same "donate a locker". I believe I will be passing on that one. One would think, that with interest, I would have at least enough invested to get another locker.
BTW, I am not holding my breath. 8) 8) 8)

BC, I will hook you up with a couple of free basketball tickets, if we have a season. I am not going to attend but a couple of games, but I have season tickets. Have your people call my people. Play Basketball Play Basketball
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
OK, thanks. I think I have a season ticket. The Ole Men's Club all went to ticket office several months ago, and purchased season tickets. Haven't heard anything since that day.
flameshaw liked this
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i am at the Coaches Level and was told no season tickets for me so im SOL. i will rollover for next year and then contemplate giving more next year.
By Class of 20Something
I was at the Flame level but donating our tickets put us in the Coaches level. I was told they would reach out to FC members by their priority number(Sorted by current level then by points within the levels) 10 days out until all seats are accounted for. We haven't been called yet, I would like to make it to one home game this year.
By rtb72
I got a call this afternoon from FC. They asked about number of tickets for game one OR two. Said they would know next Monday or Tuesday how many they will have to work with starting with club level. Guess we'll see if we make the cut for one of the first two games next week. According to the guy at FC....no news is bad news.
CCWMichael liked this
By Class of 20Something
rtb72 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 10:54 pm I got a call this afternoon from FC. They asked about number of tickets for game one OR two. Said they would know next Monday or Tuesday how many they will have to work with starting with club level. Guess we'll see if we make the cut for one of the first two games next week. According to the guy at FC....no news is bad news.
Level and points? Trying to gauge if I'm gonna get a call.
By rtb72
Class of 20Something wrote: September 19th, 2020, 10:44 am
rtb72 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 10:54 pm I got a call this afternoon from FC. They asked about number of tickets for game one OR two. Said they would know next Monday or Tuesday how many they will have to work with starting with club level. Guess we'll see if we make the cut for one of the first two games next week. According to the guy at FC....no news is bad news.
Level and points? Trying to gauge if I'm gonna get a call.
We're Cornerstone. Last time I checked we were at about #285 in total membership.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Total FC membership stands at 499 this morning? I only did Eagles Level this year. Rolled my season tickets over to 2021. They've removed our points "standing" for some reason. Did it right after BG left. Last Time I saw it I was #90. I sure do miss Bob!

:dontgetit
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Im at the coaches level and received a call yesterday and since im near the top of my level, its possible i could get tickets. The Flames Club asked me how many tickets i would want for the first two home games. i was told i will know something by tomorrow.
CCWMichael liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ill make the prediction that most of we will be privileged to receive fcs game tickets haha. Which i will go to but im going to be pretty miffed i dont get atleast 1 fbs game.

Id support adding umass as well.
LUOrange liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
My guess is they'll give 500 tickets to students, I would support that. Players should get a couple for parents. That doesn't leave many. I'm not planning to buy a single game ticket for an FCS game I can watch at home.
LUOrange liked this
By CCWMichael
TH Spangler wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 11:37 am Total FC membership stands at 499 this morning? I only did Eagles Level this year. Rolled my season tickets over to 2021. They've removed our points "standing" for some reason. Did it right after BG left. Last Time I saw it I was #90. I sure do miss Bob!

:dontgetit
I no longer see our priority ranking since we rolled our tickets over. It was pretty low but who knows what new pledges did? Stuff like this makes one wonder if they are they even tracking this properly? Club points seem correct. Coaches level for several years and hear other coaches levels are being contacted has me thinking. But, Big Smooth has been around forever. Updates from ticketing or Flames club regardless of selection or not would be nice. Again, for me it is a hotel cancellation thing. Guessing is no fun. I was actually told by ticketing if I get called and cancelled our hotel reservations I am at the top of the list for the next game. But, I think we can all agree FCS games are preferred so "losing out" does not sound preferable.
Done being a Ken. (Karen).
By CCWMichael
I contacted the Flames Club about missing priority status. this is the first they heard of it and no one else called in so the Director will be contacted to see if others have called in. I the A Sea of Red under the bus and reported I know of one other person who mentioned it in a thread.
I hope that did not affect who was in line for tickets or not.
OBTW, I will not be there for game 1. We will see about game 2 but it sounds as if others are being asked about game 2 already sooooo maybe game 3. LA-Monroe would actually be preferred so it may all work out in the wash. Southern Miss would not be a bad draw either.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I was #90 with 226 pts. I never got an email notifying me my season tickets were canceled. I waited until I saw all the details here, then I decided to call them. They had my email address correct. Said they weren't sure why I didn't receive one. They gave me the three opts and chose to roll mine to 2021. My membership is paid for at a level that includes the bookstore parking lot for games and I don't think I'll be using it at all. I know there has been some turn over with Bob leaving, so I'm being real patient :lol: .
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]