Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: September 25th, 2020, 9:57 am Have not been impressed with the flames club since goods departure.
Since Bob left, Flames Club moved to a new department outside of athletics, world-wide pandemic, shutdown of campus for spring semester, fall season cancellations, weekly dealing with the unknowns of a fall football season, known changes to the football schedule and potential changes if a team is unable to play, unknowns for the number of attendees for football games, changes in university leadership that include negative national news and strong opinions from alumni and supporters, unknown start date of basketball season or the number of attendees that will be allowed. That has all happened in the last 6-7 months. I wasn't expecting to be impressed. Were you?

I miss the conversations with Bob. He loves our school. Mike and Jeff will lead the Flames Club well. If you have concerns about it, talk to them. They are smart, reasonable people that love the school.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Change to different part of University is big. I figure lots of things could change and change again in near future with JJ out.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Granted, there are a lot of unknowns pertaining to athletics, but it does seem the Flames Club has been "on vacation", other than mailing out the LU Football book.
By CCWMichael
A ticked AT FLAMES CLUB.
We are not even listed in the game book for this week as members at any level.
If I missed tickets this weekend (which I will never know) SUPER ticked!~
How the frag are we not listed. All I have seen with the FC website.
I have lost my faith in their abilities. FC may be run by smart people but it appears smart things are not be done.

I just called and had to leave a message. Guess they are off to lunch. I sure hope someone contacts me today cause I do not want to chew on this all weekend.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
One thing I've noticed is that points only reward you "within" the "level" you join at "current" year. You would think an overall #90 ranking would be better rewarded. I guess if I ever decide to go back to club level I could get in with all those points. I wish club memberships were set up for, right to buy 2 tickets per $1000 donation, limit 6 tickets.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Jeff Alder sent out an email to FC members regarding the glitch in the system. They are working on getting it straight. I would suggest a little patience.
By CCWMichael
CCWMichael wrote: September 25th, 2020, 12:03 pm A ticked AT FLAMES CLUB.
We are not even listed in the game book for this week as members at any level.
If I missed tickets this weekend (which I will never know) SUPER ticked!~
How the frag are we not listed. All I have seen with the FC website.
I have lost my faith in their abilities. FC may be run by smart people but it appears smart things are not be done.

I just called and had to leave a message. Guess they are off to lunch. I sure hope someone contacts me today cause I do not want to chew on this all weekend.
I just ended a call with the Flames Club. Drew was very helpful. Apparently my name was unchecked as a club member when things were sent to the vendor. He assured me we did not miss a chance at this weekends game. He also thanked me for calling (who wouldn't) so they can try to figure out what occurred. I am still listed as a FC member in their books and they are doing tickets manually on their own.
We gave our order for next weeks game if we come up and it is likely. drew stated we should know by Monday as they are contacting members before me and everyone is being offered up to 6 tickets. We want 3. Fingers crossed. Drew did mention if we deselected this game there was no guarantee with attendance limits the way they are that a second game may not happen. If we refused this weekend we would be rolled to the end of the list so the vaunted North Alabama Lions it is.
I was told all seats are in the West section either in the blue or red seats. Can't argue with between to 40's.
My heart is still racing!!!!! I really hope we have a second game.
Also, they removed member numbers and other information from the FC web site as they were fielding a ton of calls related to the numbers and it was easier for them to delete all the information.

++++Clarification+++++ we can refuse this week and take another game but after that game we would be rolled to the end of the list thus the loss of current positioning +++++++
Last edited by CCWMichael on September 25th, 2020, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Also, they removed member numbers and other information from the FC web site as they were fielding a ton of calls related to the numbers and it was easier for them to delete all the information.
:dontgetit :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I don't see the govonor making any chages to attendance limit. He and his wife Pamela have tested positive for Coronavirus. As much as I disgree with his policies ..... prayers for their health and a quick recovery.
By michaeleyou
Registration Days Posts
I still have two tickets available for tomorrows game. I'll sell them for what I paid, $25 each. Can meet at the gate tomorrow before kick off.
nnaulty1016 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I got a ticket, so Cider and company will be at the game! :oldhag
CCWMichael, flameshaw, rtb72 and 1 others liked this
By CCWMichael
michaeleyou wrote: September 25th, 2020, 5:30 pm I still have two tickets available for tomorrows game. I'll sell them for what I paid, $25 each. Can meet at the gate tomorrow before kick off.
If it were 3 we would have bit. Hope you can find someone ..... not sure how to network students but I'd bet there would be a taker there somewhere.
michaeleyou liked this
By nnaulty1016
michaeleyou wrote: September 25th, 2020, 5:30 pm I still have two tickets available for tomorrows game. I'll sell them for what I paid, $25 each. Can meet at the gate tomorrow before kick off.
michaeleyou wrote:I still have two tickets available for tomorrows game. I'll sell them for what I paid, $25 each. Can meet at the gate tomorrow before kick off.
Yes I am interested. Email me please, nicknaulty2@gmail.com
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Guess I was wrong.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]