Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
Coastal is going to be a problem. ( 21-0 ) over KS as I type. Really fast and well coached so far...LU really dropped the ball by not grabbing TTU,KSU or other lower tier P5 games and Not playing a 12 game shedule. The perfect year for upsets and exposure week 1 & 2, especially when every team makes a bowl. I think Hugh had much more to do with that than Ian...
By rtb72
tyndal23 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 11:35 pm Coastal is going to be a problem. ( 21-0 ) over KS as I type. Really fast and well coached so far...LU really dropped the ball by not grabbing TTU,KSU or other lower tier P5 games and Not playing a 12 game shedule. The perfect year for upsets and exposure week 1 & 2, especially when every team makes a bowl. I think Hugh had much more to do with that than Ian...
I just posted in the 2020 Season thread. Coastal looks solid for sure. Their offense is running all over Kansas, and their dual threat QB is highly effective in and out of the pocket.
By Jonathan Carone
Coastal looks like those old CSU teams that gave us fits.

Also - Hugh knows his team better than anyone. If he didn’t want to go out and get more games, my guess is it’s because he knows we’re young and rebuilding in key areas. This probably isn’t the year to go out and play the exposure game.
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
Hugh has his resume front and center as do most coaches. This was the free pass season to go punch the next weight class up in prime time. The down side was minimal. And to reiterate - bottom tier of P5 - not top tier.
LU 57 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Coastal has got themselves a coach who is great at getting the best out of his players. I see that is starting to take root now. Will be a tough one with them this year. I'm looking forward to it.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The entire Big XII north was owned by the Sun Belt yeesterday. I agree that this might have been a missed opportunity with the chaos of missing players on the P5 level every week. But I trust Coach Freeze & our AD that they positionied us for the best case scenario this fall.

It should also be note dthat it appears the B1G will be back in the mix making those sure fire bowl slots for us more tenuous.
flameshaw liked this
By tyndal23
Not whining about it. But I would have schedule 12 games. A KSU or Texas Tech opener for exposure and a reasonable G5 team. then if 1 or 2 of the ACC teams cancel us due to Covid reshuffle of ACC games -we still get 10. We are going to be the first dropped when ACC teams have to postpone/reschedule.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 13th, 2020, 12:33 pm The entire Big XII north was owned by the Sun Belt yeesterday. I agree that this might have been a missed opportunity with the chaos of missing players on the P5 level every week. But I trust Coach Freeze & our AD that they positionied us for the best case scenario this fall.

It should also be note dthat it appears the B1G will be back in the mix making those sure fire bowl slots for us more tenuous.
By virtue of a late start, B10 should be ineligible for any bowl.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 14th, 2020, 1:15 am Kansas is trash and Coastal beat a trashy team that turned the ball over 3 times. Coastal poses no threat to us.
Don't be so sure about that my friend. KU did help Coastal with the TO's. However CCU did take advantage and looked pretty good to me. It should be a very competitive game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 13th, 2020, 11:20 pmBy virtue of a late start, B10 should be ineligible for any bowl.
That will not be the case. The NCAA was already proposing suspending bowl requirements before the B1G had this change of heart. With the Oct 17th start of an 8-game season that is expected to be announced by tomorrow, you can almost expect that entire league to be in a bowl even if they are winless.
Field Hockey

We lost an assistant coach.

LSU

Whether we win the conference or get an at-large b[…]

NMSU

I do not see the European players to be as fast as[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]