Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
The NFL season is about to kick off this weekend and it seemed fitting to start a thread tracking AGG's rookie season.

ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN IS GETTING A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SUCCEED IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON
By Kevin Gora

Antonio Gandy-Golden is coming into his rookie year as the number two wide receiver on the Washington Football Team’s Depth Chart. The team is projected to miss the playoffs, as they are currently rebuilding. A young team can be the perfect situation for a guy coming from a small school who has a lot to prove.

When Gandy-Golden was playing for Liberty in 2019 it was evident that he could produce at a high level. He finished fourth in the nation in receiving yards with 1396 yards and 10 touchdowns. The biggest knock on him going into the NFL, was the talent level of the opponents he played up against.

The Washington Football Team saw him available at the 142nd overall pick and deemed him to be the guy to take with that pick. Since that draft selection Gandy-Golden has impressed not only coaches but fellow teammates too...
What kind of impact do you think AGG will have with Washington in his rookie year? What are some realistic expectations?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Hope everyone has been picking him up on their fantasy teams!!

I think I saw where he's now 4th on depth chart. I hope he has a great year and averages 4 catches a game and catches 8 or so touchdowns, but I'm expecting a 30 catch, 400 Yard. 5 TD season. I hope they use him like SF uses Kittle... I know he's not a TE, but he's big and can get a lot of jump balls.
It seemed like his desire for mastery wasn't clicking in training camp, but it seems like they know he is that kind of person. You keep the guy around that doesn't stop until he gets it right.

While I think his career will be more like a train picking up speed than a motorcycle, I want to point out the WFT has him listed as the backup at X behind McLaurin. Additionally the only rookie on the starting 22 is Chase Young.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
NBC Sports wrote:What's up with WR Antonio Gandy-Golden? 'It's not the easiest thing'
SEP 24, 2020
/
BY JP FINLAY

Rookie wide receiver Antonio Gandy-Golden made his first NFL catch on Sunday. He gained three yards.

It was completely non-descript, and for almost everyone outside of the Gandy-Golden family, probably nobody will remember it.

That catch, however, signaled something bigger for the fourth-round rookie and Washington Football. The team desperately needs Gandy-Golden to emerge, even if it's not right now, then in the second half of the season.
Click Here for Full Story
stokesjokes liked this
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
AGG finally back in the lineup today. Had a few targets, but I don’t think any catches. Had a shot at TD reception but pass was short.
By LUAlum1215
Im hoping Rivera has and keeps a long leash with AGG. I know he was hurt for majority of the season with a hamstring issue, but he made one reception for 3 yards and had one rush for 22 yards across 4 games (2 starts). I hope he'll get more comfortable and develop with a solid QB if Rivera can pick one up or get Smith healthy, but I hope more that he has that opportunity. His route running and blocking yesterday looked very unsure. To his credit, that last pass to the endzone was the typical AGG 50/50 jump ball we all know but was under thrown and nearly intercepted. At least he had a PBU?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
They cut kelvin harmon earlier in the week who many thought would be one of the main contenders for the last spot that AGG was battling with. Harmon had maybe 40 catches for 600 yards his rookie season in 2019 then tore his acl last year.

I think AGG is on good footing. Mclauren samuel brown are locks. Most likely adam humphries or steve sims as the slot then the last 1 to 2 spots between cam sims AGG and possibly dax milne (p squad candidate) or deandre carter who also returns kicks.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]