Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I believe this will be a popular move among Liberty fans. Seems like the perfect position for Turner Gill. What are your thoughts?

TURNER GILL, KELVIN EDWARDS RETURN TO LIBERTY IN DIVERSITY ROLES

Former Liberty head football coach Turner Gill and Liberty alumnus Kelvin Edwards will return to Liberty as members of the executive team, the school has announced.

Gill will serve as Executive Vice President of Diversity, Development & Inclusion while Edwards will be Executive Vice President of Management Efficiencies & Diversity.
CCWMichael liked this
I am glad Coach Gill is back. Something like this is the perfect role for him.

This shows either Jr is listening on some levels or he's just doing what needs to be done to get people off the scent. Unfortunately he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. My hope is even if this is just him covering his butt, Turner Gill is such a great man that it'll result in something positive regardless.
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: August 4th, 2020, 10:35 am I believe this will be a popular move among Liberty fans. Seems like the perfect position for Turner Gill. What are your thoughts?

Former Liberty head football coach Turner Gill and Liberty alumnus Kelvin Edwards will return to Liberty as members of the executive team, the school has announced.

Gill will serve as Executive Vice President of Diversity, Development & Inclusion while Edwards will be Executive Vice President of Management Efficiencies & Diversity.
My first thought is that flameshaw has good sources. He hinted at this quite a while ago, but kept it close to the vest even when I asked him if it would involve "familiar faces".

Both Turner and Kelvin are personal friends of JLFJR, so I'm sure there will be some who are skeptical. I for one am happy to see them back on the mountain. I wonder how happy Kelvin's son Kyler is at TTU. He would look great in red,white and blue on our new basketball court.
flameshaw, LUOrange liked this
olldflame wrote: August 4th, 2020, 10:45 am
ASOR Forums Admin wrote: August 4th, 2020, 10:35 am I believe this will be a popular move among Liberty fans. Seems like the perfect position for Turner Gill. What are your thoughts?

My first thought is that flameshaw has good sources. He hinted at this quite a while ago, but kept it close to the vest even when I asked him if it would involve "familiar faces".

Both Turner and Kelvin are personal friends of JLFJR, so I'm sure there will be some who are skeptical. I for one am happy to see them back on the mountain. I wonder how happy Kelvin's son Kyler is at TTU. He would look great in red,white and blue on our new basketball court.
This is a great move for the University. So happy to see both of these men back in a leadership role. To have good sources, one must keep the privacy one is trusted with.
Regardless, I am trusting that we can resolve the latest Jr. guffaw, with some dignity and not just gloss it over. We need a spiritual revival and renewal. Hopefully these men can help.
LUOrange, CCWMichael liked this
Bump.

Is there’s an update to this story?

In the Facebook group “Liberty University Friends” there’s a long post from today saying that President Provo fired Kelvin Edwards and Mr. Edwards is packing his UHaul today to move back to Texas where he had recently uprooted his entire family.

Is there more to this story? Is anyone pushing back on how Liberty is handling this situation? I know it can get lost in the noise, but these are families who at no fault of their own (?) are wrapped up in this mess.

Any insight?
I don’t know any of these people personally but it got my attention....

From the post by Charlie Stryker:

Photo - A Sad Day in Liberty University History.

The ENDING
Before
The BEGINNING

What is this picture?

Kelvin Edwards
*1986 Alumnus,
*2009 HOF (Hall of Fame) Inductee,
*2019 Jersey Retired (#83),
*July 2020 first African American LU Executive Level Vice President (VP of Management Efficiencies and Diversity),
Kelvin Edwards, after being hired and being moved to Lynchburg by Liberty is now forced to load his own Uhaul and move himself back to Texas. This is after selling his business, his wife leaving her teaching and coaching job of 20 plus years and uprooting his children from their schools to attend LCA. Jerry Falwell Jr. made . a significant commitment to bring Kelvin and his family home to Liberty to start a new chapter in their life. Kelvin came to plant his life at the school and athletic program he helped build and gave name recognition to; and most importantly dearly loved. Why? Because in September, 1982, Kelvinwas born again-saved in a chapel (convo) service as Dr. Vernon Brewer preached the WORD of God and gave his personal testimony. You see, Kelvin was coming home to give back to the school that gave so much to him! Kelvin is a "Champion for Christ"! He has the spirit of Liberty in his heart!

Today, October 30th, Kelvin will begin with his family the long drive back to Texas! My question is "WHY"? I know "Why"!! Do you want to know why? You are not going to like it! I can assure you of this!!!

Interim President Prevo fired Kelvin Edwards! In my opinion, it is despicable what was said and done to Kelvin Edwards!
Also my opinion, Interim President Prevo's handling of this matter was sophomoric, bush league, Junior High 101! His attitude was condescending. His actions were indefensible! This is an injustice!

We all loved Jerry Falwell Sr. Kelvin felted he was treated as family. Dr. Falwell would call Kelvin frequently, sometimes daily. Dr Falwell loved his spirit, his encouragement and his stories of witness for Jesus. In my opinion, Dr. Falwell would be embarrassed and ashamed of Interim President Prevo's attitude and actions against a true Champion For Christ!
My only thought was that the roles of Edwards and Gill were redundant. But it’s a tough thing to do what they did to Edwards. I’d like to know more because it doesn’t look good from the outside. I can’t believe after both sides making that kind of investment that there was nowhere for him at the University
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]