Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

ATrain wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 7:44 pm Relegating us but leaving UMass, NM State, UConn...is he for real?
They may not even be the worst ones. It's a joke of a list, and he's also smoking crack if he thinks the conferences are going to share the money like that, and give "lesser" programs a shot at rising to their level. The power five conferences won't allow it.

I think he's very wrong as far as how Liberty's football and basketball is regarded compared to others. Hugh Freeze made them very competitive offensively in his first season, and Liberty is known to have good resources for facilities, expansion, etc.

The only thing holding them back would be prejudice (religious, political, philosophical). That is an unspoken and unsaid behind the scenes reason, but it has nothing to do with sports.
Ill flame wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 11:41 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:40 pm Overall we are better than most Sunbelt and Conference USA schools. And even some P5 schools.
We got beat pretty easily by a historically bad Rutgers team last year. What p5 teams are we better than?
In fairness, he was talking about overall, which would include all sports as well as facilities, and although as usual he has no facts to support it, I'm not going to say he is wrong.
olldflame wrote: July 4th, 2020, 7:45 am
Ill flame wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 11:41 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:40 pm Overall we are better than most Sunbelt and Conference USA schools. And even some P5 schools.
We got beat pretty easily by a historically bad Rutgers team last year. What p5 teams are we better than?
In fairness, he was talking about overall, which would include all sports as well as facilities, and although as usual he has no facts to support it, I'm not going to say he is wrong.
By ‘overall’ he just means softball
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]