Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dr. Falwell said 2 things that attract young people are sports and music.
LU must continue to build on its athletic program. We have good coaches, a good AD, and good assistant coaches, along with good support personnel.
LU's big 4 sports, (football, basketball, baseball and softball) are all good, and getting better. Where as, most schools are only good in one or two sports, Liberty is good in all 4. We cannot afford the athletic program to go backwards.
Don't let a governor's mask ruin our athletics. Hopefully the mask deal is history, and we look to the future.
TH Spangler, LUOrange liked this
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Clark was on just on a radio show and was directly asked what led to the decision. There was more conversation as well that led to the following:
- He said Jerry’s tweet was the primary reason. At least that’s the only thing he mentioned in addition to feeling like the university did not support black culture as much as he’d like.
- He was asked if he’d consider an HBCU and said all options are open, but he doesn’t have hate for white people and isn’t looking to simply isolate himself.
- He said his goal was to make it to the league. He was asked about his position coach and Clark said he was supportive and stood by him.
- He seemed to allude to Liberty as a whole not respecting black culture.
- He mentioned that he should have done more research before coming to Liberty.
- He was very kind and well spoken throughout the interview.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 8:36 am Clark was on just on a radio show and was directly asked what led to the decision. There was more conversation as well that led to the following:
- He said Jerry’s tweet was the primary reason. At least that’s the only thing he mentioned in addition to feeling like the university did not support black culture as much as he’d like.
- He was asked if he’d consider an HBCU and said all options are open, but he doesn’t have hate for white people and isn’t looking to simply isolate himself.
- He said his goal was to make it to the league. He was asked about his position coach and Clark said he was supportive and stood by him.
An apologized was issued for calling out the governors checkered past in an insensitive fashion. Some understood what he was trying to point out, me included ..... he was man enough to apologize.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
I agree that he apologized. I accept his apology and am glad he made it. However, actions still have consequences whether an apology comes or not. My child may apologize for something and still get disciplined. God may forgive us of our sins, but he doesn’t take away all consequences of those sins. It didn’t help anything that in the two weeks after the post he not only restated that it was okay because his intent was proper, but he even laughed off his wife’s disapproval on national television. All of this, on top of other things in the past and whatever a teacher may have said, means consequences - in this instance, athletes leaving and recruiting possibly getting tougher. Clark and Land may have very well forgiven Falwell and accepted his apology, but to paint them negatively because they decided to make a life change as a result of Falwell’s actions is wrong. Again I fully accept his apology and hope his heart changes moving forward, but apologies done eliminate consequences nor should those who react to the initial action be scrutinized for doing so in a kind, respectful, and loving manner.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 8:36 am Clark was on just on a radio show and was directly asked what led to the decision. There was more conversation as well that led to the following:

All of this reinforces my belief that a 3rd party was involved, especially the comment about "more research". Anyone who uses the term "Liberty doesn't support black culture" is just using that for a crutch.
LUOrange liked this
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
The way in which it was said seemed to mean “from the top”. He also was clear that some young black men may not be bothered and some may be more bothered. Different people have different stances and opinions on what “support” should look like. I don’t think it was a crutch since he was clear that there is variance even amongst black students. Man this board is irritating me. Believe there’s outside influence if you want. Believe that apologies should be accepted with no repercussions. Believe whatever, but let’s stop painting these KIDS/YOUNG MEN in a negative light for making a decision they felt was best for them based on THEIR experiences. They did this respectfully, even in the interview Clark was respectful and humble in my eyes. Perhaps y’all aren’t intentionally ragging them, but calling their reasoning a crutch or acting like they were obligated to forgive and not then move on is ridiculous.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 9:14 am I agree that he apologized. I accept his apology and am glad he made it. However, actions still have consequences whether an apology comes or not. My child may apologize for something and still get disciplined. God may forgive us of our sins, but he doesn’t take away all consequences of those sins. It didn’t help anything that in the two weeks after the post he not only restated that it was okay because his intent was proper, but he even laughed off his wife’s disapproval on national television. All of this, on top of other things in the past and whatever a teacher may have said, means consequences - in this instance, athletes leaving and recruiting possibly getting tougher. Clark and Land may have very well forgiven Falwell and accepted his apology, but to paint them negatively because they decided to make a life change as a result of Falwell’s actions is wrong. Again I fully accept his apology and hope his heart changes moving forward, but apologies done eliminate consequences nor should those who react to the initial action be scrutinized for doing so in a kind, respectful, and loving manner.
Who's scrutinized either one of these young men? Not me? My prayer is they continue to research everything and everyone. That's very important to do. People can fool you. One day they they might realize they had a friend and didn't see it.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 9:07 am
An apologized was issued for calling out the governors checkered past in an insensitive fashion. Some understood what he was trying to point out, me included ..... he was man enough to apologize.
I read this as you criticizing them for not just accepting the apology and sticking around. I am sorry if I misinterpreted it...such is the way of text.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
IF Kei'trel means that an Evangelical University doesn't support the political movement of Black Lives Matter than he is right. No Christian or Evangelical University or college should ever support the political movement of Black Lives Matter simply because of what is tagged along with it like being pro-abortion, pro-LGBTQ, Pro-Marxism among other things.

If you want a good video that is less than 10 minutes long and explains this WAY better than I could then go to youtube and type in Voddie Baucham and Glenn Beck interview. It is fabulous.
TH Spangler, Dalegarz1, LUOrange and 1 others liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 10:27 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 9:07 am
I read this as you criticizing them for not just accepting the apology and sticking around. I am sorry if I misinterpreted it...such is the way of text.
No that was for Jesse. He's calling for all the coaches to leave?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Lol if you believe his half jerk apology. If he was sincere he wouldn't be posting garbage with his Falkirk center. Damien said it best in an interview. If Liberty doesn't change its black culture then it will have a long term negative effect.

If it's going to take all the athletes to transfer for change then I'm all for it.
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 10:50 am Lol if you believe his half jerk apology. If he was sincere he wouldn't be posting garbage with his Falkirk center. Damien said it best in an interview. If Liberty doesn't change its black culture then it will have a long term negative effect.

If it's going to take all the athletes to transfer for change then I'm all for it.
Yes change the culture and make all the white people guilty for something they haven't done. Not every situation that occurs along a white and black person is a hate crime. Because the media and some people point it out to be such doesn't mean they are correct. What if the issue was just police corruption on citizens? Like I said, things can take out of context very quickly especially when people are looking for something always. To solve this issue. Jerry Jr stepping down and defending the police(let's add no white cops engagement with monitors) will solve the issues in our country plus Liberty never being scrutinized again for anything. There's still some naive thinking going on but to each there own. What those players did was best for them based on their beliefs (which included BLM). If we are suppose to kiss their feet based on their demands or what people think based on what media and imagery told us (without the whole context of what occurred with Floyd and other cases) then we will always have these problems and discussions. We are Christians and the Bible definitely stated that they'll be rumors of wars, which includes these issues that we see today. We also have to be vigilant and critical about this also. I could be wrong, but from what I'm seeing in the comments, many of you don't even know the whole situation and there's some holes in the story. So if we can't get the whole story and just little images and stories that is given to us, then this will occur. This not to blame anyone; people will do whatever they want and the outcome will be made either good or bad. In Jr's case, his hardcore politics will always bite him especially when a good amount of media is against what he's for. So he'll never be on the good side of things and connections will be together especially with other schools(that are more left leaning ). In the end, people will look at Liberty in deferent ways and will still do so even without Jr stepping down (if that even happens) moving forward. As I stated, I hope the best for those players who left, but I hope they realize what they're supporting, according to their tweet, it is not benefit for them specially but for a political cause that has damaged the black communities.
LUOrange, flameshaw liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:00 pm Everyone read Phillippans 3:13
These student athletes made a hard decision based on what they believe to be true. Like anyone would. I'm good with that.

I believe whats going on right now in a number of areas is way more important than a little dust up at college in Virginia. A pandemic with a questionable origin, violence, destruction, burning and looting, calls for defunding police depts, a governor calling for late late term abortions, organizations working against the traditional family unit receiving large donations from corporations. Ballcoach I hope we can put it behind us.

Philippians 3:13
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead....
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:40 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:00 pm Everyone read Phillippans 3:13
These student athletes made a hard decision based on what they believe to be true. Like anyone would. I'm good with that.

I believe whats going on right now in a number of areas is way more important than a little dust up at college in Virginia. A pandemic with a questionable origin, violence, destruction, burning and looting, calls for defunding police depts, a governor calling for late late term abortions, organizations working against the traditional family unit receiving large donations from corporations. Ballcoach I hope we can put it behind us.

Philippians 3:13
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead....
And most everything is being fueled by the liberal media and liberal Democrats, who want to destroy the country.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 11:29 am Apologies have been made, everyone should move forward, and get ready to play ball.
As a father, I get to teach my daughter how to apologize. This is currently a focus for us. There are three components. Apologize outright, acknowledge the pain caused, discuss how to reconcile.

Jr did the first two parts but isn't showing anyone the last part. And it's the most important!

That's why so many have doubts about the authenticity of the apology. Because my three year old asks me "How can I make this right?" when she apologizes and we have yet to see this from the Chancellor of a university suffering from a black exodus.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Last edited by jbock13 on June 23rd, 2020, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Two things can be true at once: JR's behavior in shifting LU from a Christian university to a political think-tank is disastrous and poisoning our original mission. I will gave JR credit for the building of our facilities and our beautiful campus layout.

We also should not have to apologize for who we are and repent for racial sins that 95% of human beings have never committed. Unfortunately, knuckleheads do exist, but they are much less of the population than the media would have you believe.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
My connection to Liberty is by way of LUO. Jerry's messiness has always bothered me. I've even thought about removing Liberty from my resume and completing a second bachelor's degree somewhere else as a replacement.

He needs to grow up.
By LUOrange
I'm not defending Jr., he needs to tone down his political rhetoric and be more presidential. Again, he can still dabble in politics, but just needs to be more respectful.

That said, I can respect Clark and Land's decision and still question or disagree with it. Are they really upset with Jr? Were other schools recruiting them? Were they going to lose playing time? Were they not a fit for Liberty? Why can't the answer be all of the above, or a little of some and more of the other? We'll definitely get a better idea depending on where they go.

But some of you are too quick to blame Jr for everything, and do not appear to know the history of your own school. But Clark said it himself, he should've researched LU more before he came here. But it's not as if Freeze and Company didn't tell him. I wish them well, and we'll be fine without them.
Last edited by LUOrange on June 23rd, 2020, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dbackjon
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 12:26 pm Although I don't agree with the concept of BLM, I hope the best for them. As someone stated before, more opportunity for the JUCO's who have some more experience and for the newcomers to gain experiences.
You don't agree that Black Lives Matter?
By Class of 20Something
Not speaking for him but saying BLM and supporting the organization BLM are very different things. Unfortunately they're counting on the public conflating the two.
By cruzan_flame13
dbackjon wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 3:09 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 12:26 pm Although I don't agree with the concept of BLM, I hope the best for them. As someone stated before, more opportunity for the JUCO's who have some more experience and for the newcomers to gain experiences.
You don't agree that Black Lives Matter?
Not sure if your serious or being sarcastic. Just in case, I don't believe Marxist groups who use opportunity to manipulate people emotionally in order to project their ideology is valid. Like I said before, a hundred people were shot this weekend and a few dead in Chicago. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Politicians, BLM, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and other paid race baitors didnt react in anyway as they did a few weeks ago. This is an issue but it wouldn't be much of a gain for every person or group mention. This also show that people can be easily manipulated and that's sad. By the way, that's why BLM aims for young adults and teens because they don't know much about anything but more rebellious for reason(s) that they most likely don't understand either.

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]