Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Here’s the first on the football side that is openly related to leadership...if this becomes the norm we won’t only lose players but we will lose our best coaches too. Sad.

By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
On Twitter a whole lot of attention is being given to this, not just from media channels, but 2021+ recruits as well.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
This doesnt hurt on the field nearly as bad as off the field and perception wise. Treadwell and haskins are jucos ready to go immediately and with better size. It will give reese jolly and biggins more opportunity as well.

Luckily db was going to be one of our deeper positions this year. Still hate to see it happen like this. Certainly not going to help va recruiting efforts specifically tidewater

Hope its just those 2 guys and no more.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't think it was "totally their decision". They were influenced by a 3rd party , outside of Lynchburg, somewhere along the way, in my opinion.
sstaedtler liked this
By Class of 20Something
Can we get the whole Athletic department to put a resignation on his desk in unison? There's has to be someone big enough with a backbone to make it happen. The players have the courage to enter the portal without knowing what awaits them. The coaches should too. Don't line up the next job first. Just leave.
By cruzan_flame13
Although I don't agree with the concept of BLM, I hope the best for them. As someone stated before, more opportunity for the JUCO's who have some more experience and for the newcomers to gain experiences.
sstaedtler liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 12:22 pm I don't think it was "totally their decision". They were influenced by a 3rd party , outside of Lynchburg, somewhere along the way, in my opinion.
That last part is key. I doubt it is based on anything.

It has become quite clear that Jr's track record is causing this. But sure. "Outside influence"
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I feel for practicing Christian that are trying to support demacrates. They are being torn in half 😔. Their political party of choice promises them hope, but hen attaches itself to many polices and agendas that scriptures don't support, none of which have anything to do with race. Loosing some athletes doesn't surprise me. I love them and want the best for them. They are brothers and sisters in Christ.
sstaedtler liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Jrs tweet opened the door for the outside influences and yes they have def had folks in their ear. Clark probably already has home lined up. Land, not sure he will have the options he thinks. Clark was fearless and made some frosh mistakes that cost but he had a future.

As risewithus said their have been a few rumblings in the last month or 2. I had been told it was 50/50 whether they would return. Not sure either really loved the school overall.

Again, this hurts more off the field than on it. Depth wise we can sustain it and recruit over it IF this doesnt hamper that beyond VA
Risewithus, sstaedtler liked this
By Risewithus
If recruiting becomes too difficult, then you wonder about the long term for the coaching staff. That would be a disaster.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m going to take a different tac on the recruiting. Yes it will be harder but not much. It’s not like Junior isn’t used against LU on the trail now. Recruiters for LU simply point to the 2 juco players who were better and ready to play. Also, they didn’t seem to have an issue with LU leadership. LU’s starting QB seems fine. It’s not like LU football is predominantly white on the field. It can be worked around credibly without too much creativity
ballcoach15, LUOrange, TH Spangler and 1 others liked this
By tyndal23
I will take them at their word, but nationally anyone wanting to transfer from any school for whatever reason simply has to state they were uncomfortable with racial environment and they will maintain their year of eligibility without having to sit out. It will be an auto stamp waiver from NCAA and create news,fodder and internal “investigations” for every School when someone claims this moving forward.
By sstaedtler
I think they were influenced by 3rd parties. I do agree that Falwell was racially insensitive. When they talk about culture and other levels, I'd like to know who they are talking about besides Falwell. Why is it they all have to make a statement on the way out?

I don't like them using the BLM hashtag. BLM is a group originated by Marxists that has no religious roots at all. It is pro-LGBT everything and anti-Christian. It supports destruction of the traditional family, which is the last thing African Americans needs right now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 1:55 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 1:48 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 1:30 pm LU’s starting QB seems fine.
This sounds like when someone says they have a black friend to claim they aren't racist.
Great take troll. Not.
See? We can agree on something! I pay no attention to Trolls.
By cruzan_flame13
sstaedtler wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 2:04 pm I think they were influenced by 3rd parties. I do agree that Falwell was racially insensitive. When they talk about culture and other levels, I'd like to know who they are talking about besides Falwell. Why is it they all have to make a statement on the way out?

I don't like them using the BLM hashtag. BLM is a group originated by Marxists that has no religious roots at all. It is pro-LGBT everything and anti-Christian. It supports destruction of the traditional family, which is the last thing African Americans needs right now.
As long as they are aligned with a position which they seemed to be a common issue(although it is heavily promoted by funded media and political leaders who sizes the opportunity for gain), then people will support it without looking into the mission of a platform. For example, black folks in the 60's join the Black Panthers thinking that it was to protect their communities. Of course we know what occurred, some will find out that members were informants of the F.B.I. Nothing has changed except new faces.
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on June 22nd, 2020, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 2:09 pm
tyndal23 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 1:55 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 1:48 pm
This sounds like when someone says they have a black friend to claim they aren't racist.
Great take troll. Not.
See? We can agree on something! I pay no attention to Trolls.
Ha - I agree with you on most everything except the Delusion of G5 Indie or conference ever getting us to big boy football in the next 30 years.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]