Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
What one doesn’t know doesn’t hurt them nearly as much as what one thinks they know, but about which they have no clue.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 5:01 pm Some of the richest men I know, never went to college. A couple never finished high school.

Some of dumbest people I know have 4 year degrees, but they have zero common sense.

When I was a Drill Sergeant I had a trainee who had a Master's Degree from Harvard. He was enrolled in law school, ran out of grants, then joined the Army.
It was a pretty simple question. But as usual, you avoid it to talk about stuff that does everything but answer the question.

I've known a lot of smart people who don't hold degrees. Like i said earlier, those people don't go around bashing the educational reputation of certain schools simply because they don't like them or the fact that they are in the ACC.
thesportscritic liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 11th, 2020, 7:32 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 5:01 pm Some of the richest men I know, never went to college. A couple never finished high school.

Some of dumbest people I know have 4 year degrees, but they have zero common sense.

When I was a Drill Sergeant I had a trainee who had a Master's Degree from Harvard. He was enrolled in law school, ran out of grants, then joined the Army.
It was a pretty simple question. But as usual, you avoid it to talk about stuff that does everything but answer the question.

I've known a lot of smart people who don't hold degrees. Like i said earlier, those people don't go around bashing the educational reputation of certain schools simply because they don't like them or the fact that they are in the ACC.
Living up to his moniker
#fraudcoach
thesportscritic liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 5:01 pm When I was a Drill Sergeant I had a trainee who had a Master's Degree from Harvard. He was enrolled in law school, ran out of grants, then joined the Army.
Ballcoach, how was the Harvard boy as a soldier?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
He turned out good, after I coached him up. After basic training and MP school, he went to 82nd Airborne Division. Received a direct commission to Captain, based on his education. I want to say he became an Army lawyer, but can't remember.
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:35 pm
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 8:59 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 2:43 pm I guess WVU wasn't good enough for Clark; he's heading to Louisville.
At least he chose a real school Study and will get a better education there than in Morgantown.
He obviously couldn’t handle the high academic standards of WVU, but still wanted to go to college. Otherwise he would be wearing Green and White
Don't be hating on Michigan State :D
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Hate to say it but some of these guys may oneday regret getting caught up in the moment and not being apart of something big. Liberty football has a bright future. Wish them the best though. :)
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Clark is the only one we will really miss. He was a bonafide starter with lock down potential in the coming years if he can stay healthy.

Robinson Espinosa cozad were all going to be bench sniffers. Land, ended up at Norfolk state for a reason. Lloyd was a nice rotational piece. Would have slotted somewhere in 3 thru 5 spots at tackle. I likened him to elisha mitchell. Nice run stuffer but not much in the way of pass rush. William green's development will be crucial. We can also play both of the frosh 4 games each and preserve redshirts so we should be ok there.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Coaches don't have to sit out a year when they decide to leave a school, neither should players. This should be the norm anyways despite ballcoach's liberal ideology :D
Purple Haize liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 11:55 am I had heard rumblings that a lot of this had to do with a professor. I hadn’t heard who or what the professor said until I came across this article. https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/libe ... ports.html
Slate? LOL. You might as well be quoting a Marvel comic book or National Enquirer. Not saying something did/or/did not happen. I just would never trust Slate on anything.
Liberty22, LUOrange liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:40 am I was hoping he would not be.
That was never a remote possibility. The race card is a surefire get out of jail free card for the transfer year-in-residence. Let's face it, were it not for the pandemic, it was going to be gone anyway. They were scheduled to vote on it May 25, but that has been postponed indefinately.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: August 20th, 2020, 10:20 am Did I just see Clark is transferring out of Louisville and has immediate eligibility?
That would be really breaking news. I just posted that he will be immediatly eligible at Louisville, but now I see it's old news from 8/2. Looks like he will be in the CB rotation for the Cardinals.
By Jonathan Carone
The first thing when you Google his name is from an hour ago saying he was granted eligibility and will compete for a starting spot.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Clark was just cleared by the NCAA yesterday and is immediately eligible to play this season at Louisville.

I believe the confusion stems from Brett McMurphy's tweet. It can be read like he is leaving Louisville. He's not.
Liberty22 liked this
By LUOrange
flameshaw wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:43 am
Liberty22 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 11:55 am I had heard rumblings that a lot of this had to do with a professor. I hadn’t heard who or what the professor said until I came across this article. https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/libe ... ports.html
Slate? LOL. You might as well be quoting a Marvel comic book or National Enquirer. Not saying something did/or/did not happen. I just would never trust Slate on anything.
The professor's remark wasn't the real and/or only reason that supposedly motivated Clark and Land to transfer, and that was somewhat confirmed by the University's tweet that said that they fired him. Although, if you actually read the Slate hit piece, the professor's remark was really nothing, especially when compared to Jr.'s mask tweet. But what I got out of their hit piece is that Todd and Land couldn't put their politics aside enough to stay here and probably should never have come in the first place.

To Land's credit, he admitted that Liberty was a last minute decision and that he didn't know anything about us. To Clark's credit, he wasn't quoted in the article. But, IMO, all 3 were being recruited by other schools and used the political climate as their rationale to leave. Poor Tank obviously, wasn't as good as advertised.

If you read the Slate hit piece, there are tid bits of truth that tells some of the story. Again, I'm not condoning Jr.'s stupid remarks and tweets, just that Todd and Land's stories aren't the entire story. Especially, when you consider the kids that are committing to Freeze and McKay still.
Last edited by LUOrange on August 20th, 2020, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flameshaw liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
So racial insensitivity is all politics? :roll: Todd and Clark came here for the Christian environment. They have every right to call out the racial insensitivity displayed by the leadership. That’s not politics.

Also the funny thing is Todd came here knowing it was a conservative school but wanted to get closer to God. What she didn’t expect was the racism that’s displayed behind closed doors.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By Jonathan Carone
ballah09 wrote: August 20th, 2020, 12:47 pm So racial insensitivity is all politics? :roll: Todd and Clark came here for the Christian environment. They have every right to call out the racial insensitivity displayed by the leadership. That’s not politics.

Also the funny thing is Todd came here knowing it was a conservative school but wanted to get closer to God. What she didn’t expect was the racism that’s displayed behind closed doors.
This is the best post on the entire thread.

Land should've never been at Liberty. It never would've been what he wanted. We see regular students transfer out for that reason all the time.

Todd and Clark would've thrived here if it weren't for the racial insensitivities on display throughout the year. That's not politics. That's culture.
ballah09 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Todd and Clark would've thrived here if it weren't for the racial insensitivities on display throughout the year. That's not politics. That's culture.
[/quote]

They are not on display throughout the year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
@ballcoach15 with all due respect, you aren't a student and never have been a student. You also are an older white man, and are looking through your own experiences. Racial biases certianly existed while I was a student and it seems things haven't changed much. Do I think things are awful? No but to act like everything is fine is purposely living in ignorance.
ballah09 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]