Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 8:19 pm I answered it in another thread. I'm curious what you think my agenda is.
You're starting to boar me. You're sad. Enough said.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Dude, it is a simple question. If you want to resort to petty personal attacks then that is on you.

We just had 2 players leave the program today. The school tried to put the blame on some random professor and you want to talk about hidden agendas? My agenda is, I want my school to be the best it can be. They proved today that they have a long ways to go.

Instead of focusing on that you're focusing on everything but the real issue. And that is with our school's leadership. If things don't change then at some point, 2 of the most talented coaches to ever coach on the mountain are going to go elsewhere.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 8:28 pm Dude, it is a simple question. If you want to resort to petty personal attacks then that is on you.

We just had 2 players leave the program today. The school tried to put the blame on some random professor and you want to talk about hidden agendas? My agenda is, I want my school to be the best it can be. They proved today that they have a long ways to go.

Instead of focusing on that you're focusing on everything but the real issue. And that is with our school's leadership. If things don't change then at some point, 2 of the most talented coaches to ever coach on the mountain are going to go elsewhere.
If I were a player and read the nonsense you post here I would leave too.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Haha. So you aren't going to tell me what you think my agenda is. Cool man.

Good talk. When you're ready to have a real grown up conversation, feel free. I was legitimately curious.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 8:48 pm Haha. So you aren't going to tell me what you think my agenda is. Cool man.

Good talk. When you're ready to have a real grown up conversation, feel free. I was legitimately curious.
Your PM was very mature :lol: Much love ?? :lol:
I moved the other post because I don’t want the thread about players leaving to get too far off track. I didn't delete it. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

Much love.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So since this conversation isn't going anywhere productive let's move on to the real discussion.

Manson mentioned this over on Twitter. McKay and Freeze are sought after coaches. Will this begin the chain of events that sees them leave?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 9:11 pm So since this conversation isn't going anywhere productive let's move on to the real discussion.

Manson mentioned this over on Twitter. McKay and Freeze are sought after coaches. Will this begin the chain of events that sees them leave?
Do you hope they leave?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely not. I hope that the school's leadership gets its act together so we don't get to that point.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 9:19 pm Absolutely not. I hope that the school's leadership gets its act together so we don't get to that point.
I am not convinced that the leadership thinks they have a problem. I know they have been told, don't believe they have heard though. 8)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You're probably right. It is easier to blame politics like many on this very message board do then to admit there is a problem. I haven't lost complete hope but its becoming more difficult.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 9:11 pm So since this conversation isn't going anywhere productive let's move on to the real discussion.

I think Freeze would leave before RMK Note you aren’t seeing basketball players leave. It’s easier to hold that locker room than a Football locker room. We’ve all felt that this was a reclamation project for Freeze, even though a great case can be made for him staying. But after next season with his kids a year older, more jobs open, tarnish image repaired.....

Which means RMK will leave first :D
By LUOrange
I don't think McKay or Freeze leave, but what do i know? That's just my hunch and belief. As far as the 2 boys go, I appreciated that they were direct and blamed the school's leadership rather than call all of us racists like someone else did. Were there other issues at play? Probably. But with the current cultural/social/political state of the country right now it makes you lose a lot of faith and trust in our younger generation. I'm not going to rail on Jr. but so much, but I do wish he'd watch what and how he says and tweets things more. Essentially, he just needs to tone it down some. He can be Liberty's President and be political,as long as he does it respectfully and tactfully. His father was the role model he should try to emulate. Hopefully, he's learned some from this going forward. Just my 2 cents on most of every topic of discussion in this thread,
By cruzan_flame13
Risewithus wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 10:37 pm Are these more playing time related.
I believe he was injured a couple times last season. I feel he knew that playing time would be slim and this was a good time to transfer elsewhere like others.
By Dalegarz1
So I'm walking down Main Street in Clinton, New Jersey wearing an LU tee shirt. A man stops me and says; " I love Jerry Jr., he doesn't take s___ from anyone and says whatever he wants." I am the father of 3 grads of LU and I make several trips down each year for various sporting events. I love the school and it's mission to train champions for Christ. Having said that, it is becoming difficult to support Jerry Jr. who is all too frequently in the news for comments or behavior that I cannot defend. I was proud to stand up for the Moral Majority and admired Jerry Sr. for his unbridled stand for Christ. What happened to that atmosphere on the mountain? As believers, we are increasingly being marginalized and we desperately need leaders who will be ambassadors for Christ. If this doesn't change, IMHO, we will continue to lose players and coaches. I wonder what Carey Green, Dot Richardson and Ritchie McKay think of all of this. I mention them because I am most familiar with their testimonies.
flameshaw liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Risewithus wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 10:37 pm Are these more playing time related.
Almost certainly, and neither of them mentioned anything regarding the Liberty leadership in their announcements. Robinson has already found a landing place at Rhode Island, where IMHO he has a decent chance to start. My guess is Cozad will end up at an FCS school too.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:57 am So I'm walking down Main Street in Clinton, New Jersey wearing an LU tee shirt. A man stops me and says; " I love Jerry Jr., he doesn't take s___ from anyone and says whatever he wants." I am the father of 3 grads of LU and I make several trips down each year for various sporting events. I love the school and it's mission to train champions for Christ. Having said that, it is becoming difficult to support Jerry Jr. who is all too frequently in the news for comments or behavior that I cannot defend. I was proud to stand up for the Moral Majority and admired Jerry Sr. for his unbridled stand for Christ. What happened to that atmosphere on the mountain? As believers, we are increasingly being marginalized and we desperately need leaders who will be ambassadors for Christ. If this doesn't change, IMHO, we will continue to lose players and coaches. I wonder what Carey Green, Dot Richardson and Ritchie McKay think of all of this. I mention them because I am most familiar with their testimonies.
I wish he and other Christian leaders would speak out more, like Doc did. And like Franklin Graham does today.

https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m not sure sure I would call Junior a Christian Leader. He’s said as much himself. I certainly wouldn’t put him in the same category as his dad or Franklin
Baybird liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I still think losing these 2 players was mostly the result of "3rd party" encouragement.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 7:51 am I still think losing these 2 players was mostly the result of "3rd party" encouragement.
One of the tweet posted here was by a Va Tech football alumni, right? I read an article yesterday where Alabama was playing dirty to steal some LSU recruits . :lol: :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on June 23rd, 2020, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Class of 20Something
Class of 20Something wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 12:25 pm Can we get the whole Athletic department to put a resignation on his desk in unison? There's has to be someone big enough with a backbone to make it happen. The players have the courage to enter the portal without knowing what awaits them. The coaches should too. Don't line up the next job first. Just leave.
I know I said the right thing when I get that group of down voters.

If your convictions aren't strong enough to risk comforts, they aren't convictions. Liberty's athletic department is absolutely second fiddle to the mission. The mission is failing because leadership (@JLFJR ) has undermined each and every one of our testimonies before we even open our mouth.

Take the time to lead from the rear. You're lost in the sauce. No squad leader moves as the point man. Leadership isn't hard. In 1 Timothy, Paul writes, “But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.”
That's all it is.

Am I willing to sacrifice athletics together the university back on mission?

Is athletics being sacrificed anyway and we aren't even getting back on mission?
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 8:04 am
Class of 20Something wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 12:25 pm Can we get the whole Athletic department to put a resignation on his desk in unison? There's has to be someone big enough with a backbone to make it happen. The players have the courage to enter the portal without knowing what awaits them. The coaches should too. Don't line up the next job first. Just leave.
I know I said the right thing when I get that group of down voters.

If your convictions aren't strong enough to risk comforts, they aren't convictions. Liberty's athletic department is absolutely second fiddle to the mission. The mission is failing because leadership (@JLFJR ) has undermined each and every one of our testimonies before we even open our mouth.

Take the time to lead from the rear. You're lost in the sauce. No squad leader moves as the point man. Leadership isn't hard. In 1 Timothy, Paul writes, “But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.”
That's all it is.

Am I willing to sacrifice athletics together the university back on mission?

Is athletics being sacrificed anyway and we aren't even getting back on mission?
Well, thank you for your opinion :lol:
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]