Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, that was all fake news. Clark is apparently going to Louisville. Ballcoach's head explodes in 3, 2, 1....................
ballcoach15 liked this
By Class of 20Something
Land was given his 4* as a Jr with the expectation that he would grow. He didn't. He's a great raw talent but was a true 3*. Clark is overplaying his rating by a country mile.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 10th, 2020, 2:46 pm So, that was all fake news. Clark is apparently going to Louisville. Ballcoach's head explodes in 3, 2, 1....................
Anyone who goes to Louisville isn't very bright. I hope he has to sit out a year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 10th, 2020, 6:52 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 10th, 2020, 3:09 pm https://247sports.com/college/louisvill ... 149025251/
I'm assuming Espinoza was the third transfer that article references? It also implies that maybe Land wasn't as good as advertised. Which was one of my assumptions on why he landed at NSU. Am I wrong here?
If my memory serves me, Espinoza entered the portal before all this stuff went down. I suspect the 3rd was Robinson.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In case anyone is thinking this is some sort of huge exodus we are having, here's a point of reference. UConn had 20 players enter the portal this year. The fact that we have had the number we have under the circumstances is a HUGE testimony to HF and his staff and how the players feel about them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 2:43 pm I guess WVU wasn't good enough for Clark; he's heading to Louisville.
At least he chose a real school Study and will get a better education there than in Morgantown.
rtb72 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 8:59 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 2:43 pm I guess WVU wasn't good enough for Clark; he's heading to Louisville.
At least he chose a real school Study and will get a better education there than in Morgantown.
Ballcoach disagrees.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If there's a worst Power 5 academic school than Louisville , I am not familiar with it. I have yet to be convinced they even have a campus.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 10th, 2020, 8:59 pm
He obviously couldn’t handle the high academic standards of WVU, but still wanted to go to college. Otherwise he would be wearing Green and White
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 9:54 pm If there's a worst Power 5 academic school than Louisville , I am not familiar with it. I have yet to be convinced they even have a campus.
It is correct that Lousiville's academic reputation is not going to be confused with Princeton or Stanford. According to Forbes Magazine, they rank second worst among schools in P5 football conferences at #431 overall, one ahead of Mississippi State.

https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/#6ca3c0c61987

Liberty chugs in at #585.

However, not to :beatinghorse , but if I were to rip a school for their poor academics, hopefully I would use correct grammar while doing it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 11th, 2020, 7:49 am
It is correct that Lousiville's academic reputation is not going to be confused with Princeton or Stanford. According to Forbes Magazine, they rank second worst among schools in P5 football conferences at #431 overall, one ahead of Mississippi State.

https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/#6ca3c0c61987
Olldflame, doen't your same source list WVU at #454? :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Yes.

WVU is #454
Thanks for catching that. I "forgot" WVU is P5, making Louisville 3rd worst.

For the record, Marshall ........................... does not appear on the list. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 11th, 2020, 8:12 am Yes.

WVU is #454

For the record, Marshall ........................... does not appear on the list. :dontgetit
No one wants to embarrass them :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 11th, 2020, 7:57 am Does @ballcoach15 hold a bachelor's degree? Honest question.
His coaching credentials are also dubious at best. I believe he said he has taken college courses but holds a degree from 20+ years as an MP for Team Green
thesportscritic liked this
By LUDad
thepostman wrote: July 11th, 2020, 7:57 am Does @ballcoach15 hold a bachelor's degree? Honest question.
I resemble that remark :D I couldn't go to college due to circumstances but cash flowed college for my kids and had a successful professional carrier. BC seems to have done ok.
SumItUp liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh, don't get me wrong there are plenty of people who haven't gone to college that are very smart and have done quite well.

@LUDad you also aren't coming around bashing the educational reputation of certain schools simply because you don't like them or the fact that they are in the ACC
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 11th, 2020, 8:12 am Yes.
WVU is #454
Common mistake, Olldflame. Unless you are from Morgantown or went to "school" there. Most people don't think of WVU as P5 either. :brownbag
Last edited by Cider Jim on July 11th, 2020, 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Some of the richest men I know, never went to college. A couple never finished high school.

Some of dumbest people I know have 4 year degrees, but they have zero common sense.

When I was a Drill Sergeant I had a trainee who had a Master's Degree from Harvard. He was enrolled in law school, ran out of grants, then joined the Army.
By cruzan_flame13
A piece of paper does not defined the intelligence of a man. In reality, many of the "intellectuals" that we look up to in many fields have been proven wrong countless of times. Why? Most are arrogant and believe they know everything about subjects that they do not know much about . I like what Thomas Sowell said, "Intellectuals have many skills which evade the testing of what they believe."

chris leedlelee liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]