Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You know RMK’s phone is on fire
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 1st, 2020, 3:39 pm
ballah09 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 2:56 pm A letter was sent demanding Falwell to step down signed by over 3 dozen black alumni.

Liberty legends; Rashad Jennings, Eric Green and Walt Aikens were included
I don't think Rashad was on there. I was disappointed to not see his name but given his number is being retired and his relationship with Jr, I didn't expect to see him.
Not on there because he knows Jerry well and gets it.

The guy that tweeted it is a political hack that hates Trump and hates Jerry for endorsing him. He writes for the Washington Compost. :lol:

https://muckrack.com/dustin-wahl
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I’m not surprised by Rashad. He treads carefully on political issues.

Still big to see all the other legends on there.

As for RMK I don’t see how we can retain him with the current climate of LU. It was hard enough to recruit with the rules now he’s going to have to answer for Jr when entering family homes.
Just John liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:17 pm
ballah09 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 2:56 pm A letter was sent demanding Falwell to step down signed by over 3 dozen black alumni.

Liberty legends; Rashad Jennings, Eric Green and Walt Aikens were included
I don't think Rashad was on there. I was disappointed to not see his name but given his number is being retired and his relationship with Jr, I didn't expect to see him.

The guy that tweeted it is a political hack that hates Trump and hates Jerry for endorsing him. He writes for the Washington Compost. :lol:

Actually TH, your one of the few that doesn't get it. What is your fascination with Jerry, anyway? The fact that you do vehemently defends him and ridicule people who speak out against him makes me think that your are more than a casual observer. Do you have a contract with the school or with CMA? I'd understand your comments f you were one of the"Yes" men or if you were looking your pockets in some way.

Come on... Fes up!
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
here we go
“The college (Liberty) is no longer at the top of his choice of schools. My husband would not want him to attend and I would support my husband,” An anonymous parent of a student-athlete being recruited by Liberty said. “I would allow the recruiters to come to our front door. The recruiters would have to change our minds.”

“Other parents are saying that they do not want me to take their kids there until further notice,” a prominent youth football coach and father of two college athletes said. “It’s unfortunate because the football coaching staff at Liberty really are a great group that I’ve built very good relationships with.”
https://fifthquarter.net/news/2020/06/0 ... rst-enemy/
By Jonathan Carone
ballah09 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:01 pm here we go
“The college (Liberty) is no longer at the top of his choice of schools. My husband would not want him to attend and I would support my husband,” An anonymous parent of a student-athlete being recruited by Liberty said. “I would allow the recruiters to come to our front door. The recruiters would have to change our minds.”

“Other parents are saying that they do not want me to take their kids there until further notice,” a prominent youth football coach and father of two college athletes said. “It’s unfortunate because the football coaching staff at Liberty really are a great group that I’ve built very good relationships with.”
“As an alum, I am angry at how leadership has misrepresented what Liberty University has grown to stand for,” an alum and current college head coach said. “As a black man who grew up in Lynchburg, I’m disappointed Falwell, Jr. continues to drive a racial divide between the city and Liberty.”
That quote is pretty specific. Who would that be?

Black
From Lynchburg
Current college coach
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:33 pm
ballah09 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:01 pm here we go

“As an alum, I am angry at how leadership has misrepresented what Liberty University has grown to stand for,” an alum and current college head coach said. “As a black man who grew up in Lynchburg, I’m disappointed Falwell, Jr. continues to drive a racial divide between the city and Liberty.”
That quote is pretty specific. Who would that be?

Black
From Lynchburg
Current college coach
First guess Kevin Keats (spelling)
By Jonathan Carone
He’s not an alum though.

Alonzo Matthews is from Amherst and is an assistant coach in college.

Mike Brown is from Charlottesville and an assistant coach.

I don’t know who would fit all four boxes.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: June 1st, 2020, 9:17 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:17 pm

Actually TH, your one of the few that doesn't get it. What is your fascination with Jerry, anyway? The fact that you do vehemently defends him and ridicule people who speak out against him makes me think that your are more than a casual observer. Do you have a contract with the school or with CMA? I'd understand your comments f you were one of the"Yes" men or if you were looking your pockets in some way.

Come on... Fes up!
Don't know Jerry personally. Have no monetary connection to LU other than supporting the flames club long enough to be ranked #90.

Lately I hang around here to aggravate guys like you and Johnathan. Closet liberals. Jonathan fessed up on facebook several years ago why he joined the I hate Jerry bubble. And it was childish.

I push back against the disingenuous, twisted spin this forum is famous for.

Now you fess up. You're a demacrat playing politics here. And that's okay. I'm sure you'll deny it, but you really should admit it. :lol:

Have you had a monetary connection with LU?
flameshaw, makarov97 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
You keep saying this thing about me not liking Jerry because he made a joke about me even after I’ve said multiple times - even directly to you - that I laughed at the joke. You’ve stalked me on Facebook to the point I had to block you. Now you keep saying the same things on here that simply aren’t true.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:56 am You keep saying this thing about me not liking Jerry because he made a joke about me even after I’ve said multiple times - even directly to you - that I laughed at the joke. You’ve stalked me on Facebook to the point I had to block you. Now you keep saying the same things on here that simply aren’t true.
I wouldn't call me having you as a friend on FB ... and one of your "why I hate Jerry" post showing up in my "news feed" stalking? I had the decency to share with you in a "private message" that I saw it. You weren't laughing in that post? I told you then it was childish and you should let go. And yes, you did deleted me as your friend that day. Accusing me of stalking you is the same kind of BS you do here. :lol:
flameshaw, makarov97 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
You literally said you saved a Facebook post I made from 2010 so you could post it on here.

The joke was that Jerry drove by at homecoming 2010 and said to Becki, “Look, he’s got a girlfriend!” When it happened, I laughed and held the girl’s (now my wife) hand in the air.

Jerry was nothing but good to me in college. He publicly treated me and my friends really well. He even put me on a partial scholarship my first year of grad school. Going into grad school, I was dumped. That set off a mental health spiral that was the darkest time of my life. During that, I confided in Becki and she treated me like she would one of her kids. I will forever be thankful for some of the things she said to me during those months.

My dislike of who Jerry has become has nothing to do with how he has every treated me.

Instead, it has to do with how he treats the employees of the school. With how he has abdicated his spiritual responsibility as the leader of the university. How he has used the university as his personal game of Sim City to enrich himself and his friends. How he is a terrible representation of the Jesus of the Bible and only claims Christ when he can manipulate his teachings to fit his own political narrative.
rogers3 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
More good spin and half truths. You're very good at that. You weren't on my facebook friends list in 2010. The post I saw was about 4-5 years ago. And you were not laughing, you were practicing character assassination. You know what the truth is. Enough said. You can have the last word if you want.
makarov97 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well that was a fun read this morning.

I sure hope someone's sole purpose of posting on here isn't to get under someone's skin. We have one of those around here, we don't need anymore!

Look, this issue clearly is one that brings out emotions but there is absolutely zero benefit of making it personal. If you are unable to comment without making it persona then maybe take a break from that topic. It is a hard thing to do at times and sometimes I know I can be guilty of it but this is a discussion board not a murder board.
TH Spangler liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:33 am
Have you had a monetary connection with LU?
If you only knew...
I will say, my first trip in a plane was with Jerry Sr in the early 70's...I was very young, of course, but a trip like that doesn't come without strings!
Purple Haize liked this
By Risewithus
This coaching staff does a great job making the kids feel loved. Very down to earth bunch. Falwell comments make it really hard for them to go into a recruits home and have to answer questions about things he says and still try and sell the parents on the school. I know players with offers here.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Risewithus wrote: June 7th, 2020, 12:18 am This coaching staff does a great job making the kids feel loved. Very down to earth bunch. Falwell comments make it really hard for them to go into a recruits home and have to answer questions about things he says and still try and sell the parents on the school. I know players with offers here.
I spent the day helping a black friend this week. He has a niece that graduated from Liberty. Jerry's recent tweet came up. While he understands the conflict between many and the Virginia governor, he believes we need to remain quiet on racial issues for now. Don't do what the demacrates are doing and use it politically to divide Americans. Let "them" have the low road. In hindsight, my guess is Jerry would try and point out Ralph's hipprocy another way. Liberty is about as color blind as any place as I've ever seen.
ballcoach15, jinxy, LUOrange liked this
By Risewithus
Well in fairness, let's not lump all Democrats in that bunch. I'm a Democrat and my son is on the team. It is why I can speak first hand about the coaches. There are some great people that love Jesus in both parties. However, JF does no favors by making certain comments as the representative of the school that trains champions for Christ. The message of love is needed now more than ever imo. I still sell the school to the recruits I know. I talk to them from my experience vs outside noise.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Risewithus wrote: June 7th, 2020, 9:10 am Well in fairness, let's not lump all Democrats in that bunch. I'm a Democrat and my son is on the team. It is why I can speak first hand about the coaches. There are some great people that love Jesus in both parties. However, JF does no favors by making certain comments as the representative of the school that trains champions for Christ. The message of love is needed now more than ever imo. I still sell the school to the recruits I know. I talk to them from my experience vs outside noise.
If you take a look at what's going on today with a biblical world view it's hard not to see that it's less about parties and more about the heart. It's a spiritual war that's heating up. There's a rapture coming, then a one world goverment and a antichrist to lead it. My friend is a wise old man, it was great spending a day in the woods working and talking with him.
Risewithus, jinxy, LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
TH Spangler wrote: June 7th, 2020, 9:53 am
Risewithus wrote: June 7th, 2020, 9:10 am Well in fairness, let's not lump all Democrats in that bunch. I'm a Democrat and my son is on the team. It is why I can speak first hand about the coaches. There are some great people that love Jesus in both parties. However, JF does no favors by making certain comments as the representative of the school that trains champions for Christ. The message of love is needed now more than ever imo. I still sell the school to the recruits I know. I talk to them from my experience vs outside noise.
If you take a look at what's going on today with a biblical world view it's hard not to see that it's less about parties and more about the heart. It's a spiritual war that's heating up. There's a rapture coming, then a one world goverment and a antichrist to lead it. My friend is a wise old man, it was great spending a day in the woods working and talking with him.
Your friend is very wise, and his belief that we should stay quiet from the political and PR standpoint and let them kill their own message is spot on. That is the path all of us as Christians, conservatives, Republicans, and just good people should follow. Hopefully, Jerry has realized and is practicing this now.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 7th, 2020, 5:26 pm Thankfully more and more churches are realizing this is a subject we can’t stay quiet on. I was proud to see so many white churches having conversations about racism and racial equality today.
Why white churches and black churches? Let's worship together :idea:
Risewithus liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]