Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TexanMark
Hey guys, Cuse fan here. I enjoyed my visit and tailgate (mostly) at Liberty last year.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but looking forward to you coming up in October. I'll check in on this thread and answer questions about visiting CNY.

Here is an old info guide I wrote 5 years ago... most of it is still relevant.

http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2 ... 5.html?m=1

Here is a Liberty preview from a Syracuse website

https://sujuiceonline.com/2020/05/14/li ... l-preview/
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For some reason that I just can't pinpoint, I like this guy.

Thanks for the hard work! One of my old LU roommates lives in Syracuse and is all jazzed about the date.
By TexanMark
I downgraded tailgating a bit. We had about 75 Cuse fans in the small lot just south of the East Athletic Complex. We were enjoying some beer and didn't want to flaunt it. Still we had the Golf Cart guy come by to keep us in check. The shuttle was ok but took too long

I'd still come back if we ever play again in Lynchburg. .I assume we'll play you guys in another series in a decade or so
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sorry for the inconvenience. But you had t have been happy with the results.

I have probably asked you this on another forum, but are you Texan by location or birthright? I have lived in the one Star State now for 30 years since graduating from LU.
By TexanMark
I moved to San Antonio TX in 2000 due to a military move.

Called myself on a Cuse forum, TexanMark...the rest is history.

I retired in 2016 and live in Florida now. I loved my 18+ years of time living in TX
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That explains a great deal. It is tough supporting a team on the east coast from Texas. Thankfully we have had a nice run in recent years of games within driving distance for me. Sadly that is letting up in the upcoming schedules. I look forward to seeing the renovated stadium up in Syracuse. My grandfather is from upstate NY and I was up there back in December before things got crazy.

Please feel free to expand on the Syracuse travel experience in the Travel Guide I have posted in this forum.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TexanMark wrote: May 14th, 2020, 10:38 pm I moved to San Antonio TX in 2000 due to a military move.

Called myself on a Cuse forum, TexanMark...the rest is history.

I retired in 2016 and live in Florida now. I loved my 18+ years of time living in TX
San Antonio is my favorite city in Texas.

Thanks for the guide. My mother-in-law lives in Buffalo, so we may try to make the game and also get in a visit with her.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been reading sports stories more years than I care to remember. That may be the dumbest article I have ever read. That guy must be bored, and had nothing else to write about. Hard to believe there are sports writers who would write such trash. He makes a couple of the Cure Bowl announcers look like die hard LU fans.
michaeleyou liked this

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]