Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By sstaedtler
Not a total comparison, but the stadium experience at Williams stadium was rating 58th in the nation in 2018 out of 130 schools. Beat out Mississippi State, Illinois, Virginia, Arkansas, Kansas State, Indiana, Kansas, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, Miami, Northwestern, Purdue, Maryland, West Virginia, Arizona, Arizona State, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Boston College, and Washington State. And that was before some of the current upgrades.

https://stadiumjourney.com/news/stadium ... -rankings/
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
sstaedtler wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 11:59 pm Not a total comparison, but the stadium experience at Williams stadium was rating 58th in the nation in 2018 out of 130 schools. Beat out Mississippi State, Illinois, Virginia, Arkansas, Kansas State, Indiana, Kansas, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, Miami, Northwestern, Purdue, Maryland, West Virginia, Arizona, Arizona State, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Boston College, and Washington State. And that was before some of the current upgrades.

https://stadiumjourney.com/news/stadium ... -rankings/
It's almost like a sellout of 16,000 is better than 30,000 in a 65,000 seat stadium.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 24th, 2020, 12:07 am
It's almost like a sellout of 4,000 is better than 4,700 in an 8,500 seat arena.
FIFY Play Basketball
Ill flame liked this
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 11:23 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 4:24 pm We are dot com billionaires trying to rub elbows with the old money elite. They don’t trust us. They don’t like us. They don’t want us around.
Marshall had had to deal with this, too. We've been FBS for 23 YEARS and earned a dozen bowl WINS (over schools like Louisville, BYU, Maryland, & Cincy), and one joker on the board still refers to the Herd as a "junior college." :liar
Which is my point exactly - NO ONE CARES about G5 no matter how many decades you are good. As for P5 Equivalent - I am changing The term to P5 Haize - ( you have to squint to see it and Purple will like it better ). We can be a P5 outlier by schedule or a G5 outlier like we are now - BYU weird or UMass weird. Old $ club (Carone) ain’t letting us in, but they will play us and cash our checks. 2026 will be 10 seasons from FBS announcement.
ballcoach15 liked this
By sstaedtler
LUGrad2000 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 3:30 pm ODU and East Carolina sign a six game deal. Apparently, we are going to have to pay to have home games.
Our 2023 home game schedule is hideous. I can't believe we paid a below average Sun Belt team a million dollars to come here. Between that and scheduling so many games with New Mexico State...not a fan of either much.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 3:24 pmWhy???
My first question as well. The only answer I can come up with is that LU is Independent and this is the only way they can get games. I guess all those Big Time P5’s arent lining up to schedule a vagabond FBS Independent
By LUAlum1215
Purple Haize wrote: May 27th, 2020, 3:54 pm
LUGrad2000 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 3:24 pmWhy???
My first question as well. The only answer I can come up with is that LU is Independent and this is the only way they can get games. I guess all those Big Time P5’s arent lining up to schedule a vagabond FBS Independent
If we're having to pay low end teams like TSU a million bucks to come play, I don't see how we're able to stay independent long term. If scheduling is already that hard we've got to find another solution.
Purple Haize, Ill flame liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 27th, 2020, 4:33 pm This is just another reason why going to CUSA sounds so appealing to me. I guess we are really going for that P5 equivalent look and paying low level G5s big money! 🤣🤣🤣
This is why we are friends
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: May 27th, 2020, 4:34 pm
thepostman wrote: May 27th, 2020, 4:33 pm This is just another reason why going to CUSA sounds so appealing to me. I guess we are really going for that P5 equivalent look and paying low level G5s big money! 🤣🤣🤣
Wait - I thought this was what everyone wanted - “schedule to just win and it will all work out“.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 5:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: May 27th, 2020, 4:34 pm
Wait - I thought this was what everyone wanted - “schedule to just win and it will all work out“.
Which proves you just don’t get it. It’s not like LU is able to schedule the Big Time P5’s you keep crying for either. But if LU were in say CUSA or AAC this wouldn’t be an issue. Or LU would be paying that type of money to buy a win. What is crystal clear, is this is what no one wanted and everyone feared.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 27th, 2020, 6:50 pm According to Damien, Texas State was part of a package deal to get the UCF game.
Doesn’t make me a bigger fan of the deal
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 27th, 2020, 6:50 pm According to Damien, Texas State was part of a package deal to get the UCF game.
Ah, so the money we got from UCF was redirected to Texas State. That makes sense but I'm still not a huge fan of redirecting that money to Texas State but such is life as an independent trying to find people to play in Lynchburg.
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 27th, 2020, 7:14 pm We’re paying Marshall $500k.
That’s more a Missionary thing though. Giving to the less fortunate and all :D
Actually paying a school like Marshall is more acceptable to me than the Texas State Armadillo’s.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]