Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By sstaedtler
It being part of the UCF deal makes a heck of a lot more sense. We only had 1 Power 5 team that year so instead we got both App. State and UFC. Going forward, other than 2024, we have 2 P5's at least on the schedule and some good other games.

2020 - Virginia Tech, Syracuse, NC State
2021 - Virginia, Ole Miss, Army
2022 - Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, BYU
2023 - Virginia, South Carolina
2024 - North Carolina, Appalachian State, UCF
2025 - Wake Forest, Duke, Appalachian State, Army
2026 - Wake Forest, Duke, Army
2027 - Virginia, Duke, Virginia Tech
2028 - North Carolina, Virginia Tech
2029 - Virginia Tech, Virginia
2030 - Virginia Tech, Virginia

Would really like to see us try to add BYU for 2025-2028 late in the season. The dates work out with them.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: May 27th, 2020, 6:52 pm
tyndal23 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 5:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: May 27th, 2020, 4:34 pm

This is why we are friends
Wait - I thought this was what everyone wanted - “schedule to just win and it will all work out“.
Which proves you just don’t get it. It’s not like LU is able to schedule the Big Time P5’s you keep crying for either. But if LU were in say CUSA or AAC this wouldn’t be an issue. Or LU would be paying that type of money to buy a win. What is crystal clear, is this is what no one wanted and everyone feared.
I didn’t realize any of the teams I listed were Big Time.
I moved on from C USA and Sunbelt who both turned us down and now that we have even more $ advantage over them and are more obnoxious on Twitter as conservatives - why do any of you think either one of those conferences will ever want us? We are Independent - deal with it. As for dropping Down to 2 P5 games from 4 in exchange for wins - It will cost us $ from loss of away buy games - but makes way more sense for consistent winning seasons. I also bet Ian gets us to break even On the straight up home and away $ overall.
By sstaedtler
This would be huge if we could ever get our home games on ESPN: (so much better than trying to log in online)

Liberty athletic director McCaw:

N&A: What are the chances some of Liberty’s future home games get picked up on one of ESPN’s linear networks instead of just being on the streaming service?

IM: There’s the potential to move our games to linear within the current agreement, and certainly I think some of our higher-profile games that are coming up in the future, I think there’s an excellent chance that will happen.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:02 pm This would be huge if we could ever get our home games on ESPN: (so much better than trying to log in online)

Liberty athletic director McCaw:

N&A: What are the chances some of Liberty’s future home games get picked up on one of ESPN’s linear networks instead of just being on the streaming service?

IM: There’s the potential to move our games to linear within the current agreement, and certainly I think some of our higher-profile games that are coming up in the future, I think there’s an excellent chance that will happen.
The issue there is if those teams will honor that commitment. Remember BYU is still waiting for their return game from ND and LU has had a couple of those future games cancelled or rescheduled if memory serves
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:43 pm
tyndal23 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Wait - I thought this was what everyone wanted - “schedule to just win and it will all work out“.
Which proves you just don’t get it. It’s not like LU is able to schedule the Big Time P5’s you keep crying for either. But if LU were in say CUSA or AAC this wouldn’t be an issue. Or LU would be paying that type of money to buy a win. What is crystal clear, is this is what no one wanted and everyone feared.
I moved on from C USA and Sunbelt who both turned us down and now that we have even more $ advantage over them and are more obnoxious on Twitter as conservatives - why do any of you think either one of those conferences will ever want us? We are Independent - deal with it. As for dropping Down to 2 P5 games from 4 in exchange for wins - It will cost us $ from loss of away buy games - but makes way more sense for consistent winning seasons. I also bet Ian gets us to break even On the straight up home and away $ overall.
I'm not super familiar with Twitter. Are you saying conservatives are being obnoxious on Twitter or people are being obnoxious towards conservatives?
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:11 pm
tyndal23 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:43 pm

I'm not super familiar with Twitter. Are you saying conservatives are being obnoxious on Twitter or people are being obnoxious towards conservatives?
Reference to JR’s twitter account today. Libs are in a frenzie over it.
By sstaedtler
"So are several Conservatives."

I probably agree with a lot of Falwell's positions on issues but the fact is, he is hyper-political. And he creates so much unnecessary drama. I'd prefer the leader of a University to be more of a spiritual leader and a little bit less political. Falwell has done a lot of good financial things but he always acts like he is under attack and everyone is out to get him personally. Can't think this is helping recruiting.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: May 27th, 2020, 11:10 pm "So are several Conservatives."

I probably agree with a lot of Falwell's positions on issues but the fact is, he is hyper-political. And he creates so much unnecessary drama. I'd prefer the leader of a University to be more of a spiritual leader and a little bit less political. Falwell has done a lot of good financial things but he always acts like he is under attack and everyone is out to get him personally. Can't think this is helping recruiting.
Spiritual leader? He doesn't even go to church regular, if at all. I would like to see us get a real Chancellor, that the university can be proud of. These silly public comments about parents and masks, among others, are totally sophomoric.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He has made it clear that isn’t his job. That is what Nasser was hired for. Those were his words.

And yes, it is clear he is hurting our scheduling. It is already hard enough as an independent and he continuously makes it more difficult. You can threaten the NCAA with lawsuits to get into the party but nobody has to talk to you while you're there.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 28th, 2020, 8:52 am He has made it clear that isn’t his job. That is what Nasser was hired for. Those were his words.

And yes, it is clear he is hurting our scheduling. It is already hard enough as an independent and he continuously makes it more difficult. You can threaten the NCAA with lawsuits to get into the party but nobody has to talk to you while you're there.
Unfortunately, it is his job, whether he says it is or isn't. Analogous to a firefighter saying I don't put out fires, I just wash the trucks. It is embarrassing to watch this gigantic, ego-maniac running and ruining a great university. I believe he does a good job from a business perspective, but his public leadership and spiritual life, is a huge failure. Very sad.

(The last few posts, should probably be moved to the Jr. thread).
sstaedtler liked this
By sstaedtler
This is a list of teams I want to play in 2025 and beyond that generally have a lot of openings in their schedule and are good fits

Big 10 - Maryland, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers
SEC - Tennessee, Miss. State, Texas A@M
Big 12 - West Virginia, TCU, Baylor
ACC - Pittsburgh, Miami
Sun Belt - Coastal Carolina
Conf USA - Louisiana Tech, Charlotte, Florida Atlantic
WAC - Air Force
AAC - UCF, SMU, Memphis
Independent - BYU
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
sstaedtler wrote: May 29th, 2020, 12:19 am This is a list of teams I want to play in 2025 and beyond that generally have a lot of openings in their schedule and are good fits

ACC - Pittsburgh, Miami
WAC - Air Force
AAC - UCF, SMU, Memphis
Independent - BYU
That list looks good, but I would scratch Tennessee and replace the "Dirty Vols" with Alabama.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 7:51 am
sstaedtler wrote: May 29th, 2020, 12:19 am This is a list of teams I want to play in 2025 and beyond that generally have a lot of openings in their schedule and are good fits

ACC - Pittsburgh, Miami
WAC - Air Force
AAC - UCF, SMU, Memphis
Independent - BYU
That list looks good, but I would scratch Tennessee and replace the "Dirty Vols" with Alabama.
So you’re OK with Alabama loading up on cupcakes but not anyone else?
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]