Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 11th, 2020, 6:18 pm Would you rather have all home games on ESPN+ or on CBSSN?

Personally, I think I'd rather have ESPN+. I'm open to hearing why I'm wrong.
At least ESPN+ is somewhat cheap. Cbssn is a pretty obscure channel that usually requires an expensive package to get. For that reason I'll take ESPN+
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 11th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 11th, 2020, 6:18 pm Would you rather have all home games on ESPN+ or on CBSSN?

At least ESPN+ is somewhat cheap. Cbssn is a pretty obscure channel that usually requires an expensive package to get. For that reason I'll take ESPN+
You know who offers it? YouTubeTV. So I’d rather have games on that than ESPN+. In fact I’m probably going to dump it since the app isn’t available on my TV and I have to go through XBox
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
it's actually not that obscure. I've had it for 2 or 3 years with Direct TV. It's annoying having to call and beat them up to get the price lowered every year but I can usually get them back down around $75 per month and have all the sports channels around. The key is to not let them get you in a contract then you have no negotiating power.
By LUOrange
I get CBSSN through Hulu TV and ESPN+ was hard to pass up for $4.99 expecially since I get most LU games and most Syracuse games along with the ACC and SEC networks. To top it off, I added Disney+ for the kids for like 2 bucks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: May 11th, 2020, 9:02 pm I get CBSSN through Hulu TV and ESPN+ was hard to pass up for $4.99 expecially since I get most LU games and most Syracuse games along with the ACC and SEC networks. To top it off, I added Disney+ for the kids for like 2 bucks.
I get Hulu for 1.99/month. I guess they had some ESPN/Disney/Hulu deal but I missed it.
By LUOrange
Purple Haize wrote: May 11th, 2020, 9:27 pm
LUOrange wrote: May 11th, 2020, 9:02 pm I get CBSSN through Hulu TV and ESPN+ was hard to pass up for $4.99 expecially since I get most LU games and most Syracuse games along with the ACC and SEC networks. To top it off, I added Disney+ for the kids for like 2 bucks.
I get Hulu for 1.99/month. I guess they had some ESPN/Disney/Hulu deal but I missed it.
Tbey had the Hulu-Espn+-Disney+ deal for 12 bucks for awhile. I get the Hulu TV it's around 40-50, and I get all/most of the ESPN to incluse ACCN & SECN, FoxSports 1 & 2, CBSSN and NBC Sports. And FoxNews. I also get most of the standard cable channels. I really only got it for the sports for LU and FoxNews. It's good cause I can watch it on multiple devices at once as with the ESPN+,
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: May 11th, 2020, 10:08 pmTbey had the Hulu-Espn+-Disney+ deal for 12 bucks for awhile.
They still have the bundle. https://www.disneyplus.com/welcome/disn ... spn-bundle
LUOrange wrote: May 11th, 2020, 10:08 pm I get the Hulu TV it's around 40-50,
I think you know this, but for clarification for others: There is the regular "Hulu," and then there is the "Hulu with Live TV." The latter (which is what you are paying for), is essentially a streaming replacement for cable or satellite. It is great, but you need to have unlimited internet.

If someone is interested in the Disney/ESPN+/Hulu bundle with Live TV, you should subscribe through Hulu. You basically pay for HULU with Live TV & Disney+ and get. ESPN+ for free ($4.99).
LUOrange liked this
By sstaedtler

For me, it would be CBS by a mile. I would 100% rather watch on TV than have to watch online. I don't think CBS Sports Network is obscure. I don't have any of the movie channels, but if I buy a basic sports package such as NFL Network, NHL Network, etc, I get it.
By Jonathan Carone
I've moved fully to Roku on all our tvs, so streaming is all we do. I think that's why I lean towards ESPN+ and away from CBSSN. The only streaming provider CBSSN is on is YouTube TV.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 19th, 2020, 11:01 am The only streaming provider CBSSN is on is YouTube TV.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. It is available seemingly everywhere. I get it with HULU. It is also available on FUBO. I just checked ATTNOW and it is there. The only one I checked that didn't have it was Sling. Did you even check? :lol:
By Jonathan Carone
alabama24 wrote: May 19th, 2020, 11:54 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 19th, 2020, 11:01 am The only streaming provider CBSSN is on is YouTube TV.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. It is available seemingly everywhere. I get it with HULU. It is also available on FUBO. I just checked ATTNOW and it is there. The only one I checked that didn't have it was Sling. Did you even check? :lol:
I checked when we had the bowl game and we had to get YouTubeTV to watch. Just assumed it was the same still. We switched to Hulu a couple months ago. Didn't even realize we got it.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]