Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
One drafted + 4 free agents = 5

Gandy-Golden PLUS Jessie Lemonier, Solomon Ajayi, Bejour Wilson, & Elijah Benton

How are you counting 6? :dontgetit
Last edited by Cider Jim on April 25th, 2020, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan Carone
I don’t think Calvert is trying to land somewhere. I’ve been told he’s moving on to being a dad and starting the next phase of his life.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 25th, 2020, 9:40 pm One drafted + 4 free agents = 5

Gandy-Golden PLUS Jessie Lemonier, Solomon Ajayi, Bejour Wilson, & Elijah Benton

How are you counting 6? :dontgetit
I counted Wilson twice. Miss-read a Facebook post.
By LUOrange
Jonathan Carone wrote: April 25th, 2020, 9:59 pm I don’t think Calvert is trying to land somewhere. I’ve been told he’s moving on to being a dad and starting the next phase of his life.
I read that on this page before, but then I read on Twitter that he was training for the NFL still. Either way, I wish him the best. I hope he gets a shot if that's what he wants.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Maybe the best story of this group is Benton. From former walk-on to NFL. Former LCA player.

He was definitely "coached up".
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'd love to see all of them succeed in the NFL, but of all the UFAs, Benton is the one I'd love to see turn into a star.
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote: April 26th, 2020, 1:09 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 26th, 2020, 12:51 pm Maybe the best story of this group is Benton. From former walk-on to NFL. Former LCA player.

He was definitely "coached up".
He worked his tail off.
I know a few folks current and former on staff. All speak that he had one of the most focused drives on any SA.
By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
An update on Solomon Ajayi out of the Browns camp.

SOLOMON AJAYI PROJECTED TO MAKE BROWNS 53-MAN ROSTER

A Sea of Red wrote:Former Liberty linebacker Solomon Ajayi was one of four Flames who signed as undrafted free agents with various NFL squads back in April. Ajayi signed with the Cleveland Browns following his short stint with Liberty.

Ajayi, the younger brother of NFL running back Jay Ajayi, played in 25 games for the Flames, while recording 165 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, and a touchdown.

Ahead of the start of training camp, Cleveland.com projects Ajayi to be one of five linebackers to make the 53-man Cleveland Browns’ roster.
michaeleyou, rtb72 liked this
By LU 57

Hopefully, they keep him on the practice squad. Have not seen anything about Jessie Lemonier or Elijah Benton yet but final 53-man rosters are due at 4 p.m.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

UVA playing against a mid-pack MEAC team is their […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]