Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The options for travel in 2020 are not as enticing as in years past. And with COVID-19 deplted family budgets travel may be limited. But there are some intriguing experiences to consider.

September 5th - @ Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA

Lane Stadium
Opened in 1965 - Seats 65,632

This requires little effort since the location and experience are well known to nearly everyone on the board. There's Enter Sandman and the drive down 460.

September 19th - @ Western Kentucky in Bowling Green, KY

Houchens Industries - LT Smith Stadium
Opened in 1968 - Seats 22,113

First things first ... Western Kentucky is not in Western Kentucky. It is located in South Kentucky just across the stateline from Tennessee and about an hour drive from Downtown Nashville. Honestly this may be the most attractive road destination if you haven't been to this off the beaten path area. Libertarians may bump excited to bump into Rand Paul who maintains his medical practice in town. The city itself boasts what may be the midlife crisis dream of boomers and Gen Xers ... the National Corvette Museum.

The exhibit on the sinkhole under the museum's skydome that sucked eight Corvettes is actually pretty cool. You can even run a Vette on the track next door if you are so inclined. But the biggest tourist attraction in the area is easily Mammoth Cave National Park.

The place lives up to the hype but it does involve an investment of time. It has over 400 miles of caves which makes it the largest system on earth.

October 3rd - @ Bowling Green State in Bowling Green, OH

Doyt Perry Stadium
Opened in 1966 - Seats 24,000

It would be tough to sugarcoat Bowling Green, Ohio as a tourist destination. But for alumni in the Great lakes region this is a rare opportunity to have a game within driving distance. As a native Buckeye, I have been to and through BG a number of times never leaving me with a smile. But I admit that Reverend's Bar & Grill looks interesting. It is like going to church, right?

October 17th - @ Syracuse in Syracuse, NY

Carrier Dome
Opened in 1980 - Seats 49,250[/b]

The building is probably more iconic for most of us as a hoops venue but the venerable old stadium is in the midst of a makeover. The new roof is supposed to be ready for the start of the 2020 season. COVID-19 delays may make things interesting. And good news! The stadium named after the inventor of air conditioning will actually have A/C for the 2022 season. That won't help much this fall but temps shouldn't be an issue in October in Upstate NY. October could mean some fantastic fall foliage and the nearby Finger Lakes region would be a great destination if the leaves are turning at the right time.

[img]blob:[/img]

October 31st - @ UConn in East Hartford, CT

Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
Opened in 2003 - Seats 38,066

Somewhere in Rustburg or points beyond, LUconn is smiling ... and ALUmnus as well, I assume. Pratt & Whitney bought naming rights for Rentschler Field. The stadium is actually owned by the state and leased to the school. Hartford is not exactly a tourism mecca but flights on Southwest are typically very affordable. It does have a few cool sites if you are into archutecture including the State Capitol and nearby Heublein Tower:

ImageImage

The Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame is just a half an hour north up in Springfield, Mass. Yeah, if you have a trip UMass on your future agenda that can probably wait.

November 21st - @ NC State in Raleigh, NC

Carter-Finley Stadium
Opened in 1966 - Seats 57,583

The locals should be thrilled to have to ACC road games within short driving distance of Lynchburg. And we certainly have a ton of alumni in the Triangle. I think most of you are aware of what the Research Triangle has to offer.
thepostman, SumItUp, LUOrange and 2 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Or, Sly could update it with the new schools added. I know Super Jon would like to see a pic of Coastal's teal turf. 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know a guy... :wink:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]