Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
I like the new attention to detail.
I received a letter this week thanking me for purchasing season tickets along with an invite to the spring game.
I am sure we all received those but it is these small things of recognition thatbwill keep people coming back.

I also received a President's Circle letter in the mail. I really did not want it but again it is the small things that will keep me doing what I do.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 8:39 pm I like the new attention to detail.
I received a letter this week thanking me for purchasing season tickets along with an invite to the spring game.
I am sure we all received those but it is these small things of recognition thatbwill keep people coming back.

I also received a President's Circle letter in the mail. I really did not want it but again it is the small things that will keep me doing what I do.
You must be a big dollar donor
By CCWMichael
flameshaw wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 9:25 pm Nothing new. Class is required in other more important places I'm afraid. :D
Nothing new? This is the first time ever I have received a letter with an invite to a spring game. We have been attending games since 2012 and I think 4 years on season tickets I never recall a letter invite for the spring game. I will throw in I may have forgotten or not seen them the past two years as my focus had lapsed with my medical battle.

And, I AM NOT GOING BACK TO CLASSES! :lol:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: February 24th, 2020, 11:47 am
flameshaw wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 9:25 pm Nothing new. Class is required in other more important places I'm afraid. :D
Nothing new? This is the first time ever I have received a letter with an invite to a spring game. We have been attending games since 2012 and I think 4 years on season tickets I never recall a letter invite for the spring game. I will throw in I may have forgotten or not seen them the past two years as my focus had lapsed with my medical battle.

And, I AM NOT GOING BACK TO CLASSES! :lol:
I have received invites to the spring game for the last couple of years anyway. It is no big deal either way. I continue to pray for you and your medical battles.
I am more concerned about us maintaining a distinctive, christian-centric, classy, university.
God bless my friend.
CCWMichael liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 8:39 pm I like the new attention to detail.

Who signed your letter ?
By CCWMichael
BC15 I think it was Ian.
Flameshaw, thank you. I certainly had not been focused the last two years so that there was easily my ball dropping. <--pun?
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When I joined the Flames Club, I directed my contribution go to Softball. About 3 weeks later, I got a post card from a soccer player, thanking me. It made me wonder where my money went.
By CCWMichael
BC15, I also receive those calls just for being a booster. I have had them from a few different athletes from differing sports. I like the thanking calls. I do believe you can direct your money to one program or just let the university decide. I personally do not care where the use it. I would assume they know their needs better than I.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
One can dictate which sport their money goes to. I confirmed that when I joined. I would like to think that when one specifies a sport, someone from that sport should call and/or send thank you note.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 24th, 2020, 7:02 pm One can dictate which sport their money goes to. I confirmed that when I joined. I would like to think that when one specifies a sport, someone from that sport should call and/or send thank you note.
I was told the exact opposite. I wanted mine to go towards soccer. Was told that it all went into a big pool and was distributed as the Leadership saw fit. So I didn’t give as much as I had planned
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Up until 2 years ago you could direct it to the sport that you wanted. Then they changed it to where it just goes into one big pool. I'm ok with that.
CCWMichael liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I was pretty sure that changed 2 years ago as well but wasn't 100% sure so didnt want to say anything. For a school that is always sending their in student debt students mail begging for money they are really bad at raising money for athletics. I guess that is what Liberty Online is for.
By LUDad
I've been a bit jaded on directed funds of any kind for a number of years. If state promises that all lottery funds will go to education you can bet that they typically pull the same amount of funds from other areas so that net funding for education hardly changes at all. It's a shell game, at least with public funds.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
In years past, stipulating money for certain projects has been executed poorly. I know one year I gave $1K to pay for a football locker. I was supposed to have my name put on it and I was promised a specific number locker as well. Long story short, nothing happened, even though I gave the money. The same thing happened on another project, but I can't remember right now, what it was.
IMHO, this is a good reason for not getting the athletic development, getting lost even deeper, in the huge general development department.
I know the $3M raised by the Flames Club is a rounding error, based on what comes in with other donations. But I would argue that the untapped potential in this area is much higher. Athletics is/can be a major driver in student recruitment and will only increase now, that we are FBS in football and will inevitably become a member of a bigger and better conference.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]