Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By sstaedtler
After looking at the whole roster, I think we are set at WR and OL for a while. I feel a lot better about the CB and S positions. DL, we are probably OK, but soon we will need more DT's. LB is obviously a need for a thumping MLB. RB depth is poor. We have 7 RB's, but one is a converted WR. Mack and Pickett leave after this year. Quarterback, you have to like the numbers...
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
As we are now a week away from Spring Practice take a look at a few position changes on the roster:

- Micahiah Overton (3 star TE) has been moved to the DL, at 6'4 225 he could turn into a rangy pass rusher. He did play DE in HS as well.

- Frank Boyd(former RB turned CB turned back into RB) has been moved back to CB.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 28th, 2020, 5:11 pm As we are now a week away from Spring Practice take a look at a few position changes on the roster:

- Micahiah Overton (3 star TE) has been moved to the DL, at 6'4 225 he could turn into a rangy pass rusher. He did play DE in HS as well.

- Frank Boyd(former RB turned CB turned back into RB) has been moved back to CB.
Not sure if that is correct on Boyd. I don't think they ever changed it on the roster when he moved back to RB. Overton to defense is a bit of a surprise since he said when he signed that one of the main reasons he chose Liberty was the way HF utilized his TEs. He may not be happy about the change, but HF is a pretty persuasive guy.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We are in trouble if J Mack remains our top RB. He follows his blockers extremely well, but is not enough of a slash runner, IMHO. Who knows, another year of experience, may make much better. Hope so.
sstaedtler liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: March 4th, 2020, 2:29 pm Pff had a graphic a month or so ago that mack was one of the top 4 returning graded backs in the entire nation.
Not sure that graded is the same as good performing. He certainly wasn't the 4th best back in the country. My comments were made based on watching every game and my opinion, which may not be worth much. I trust the coaches on what they do. He wasn't used as much as our other back, so I suspect there was a reason for that. We will see how it goes next year. I am hoping he does great and that I am wrong in my speculation.
sstaedtler liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I am hoping that shedro louis and troy henderson give us that change of pace back that can strike a defense quick. Peyton Pickett is dependable as our #2 and provides good ball security.
sstaedtler liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: March 4th, 2020, 4:11 pm
jinxy wrote: March 4th, 2020, 2:29 pm Pff had a graphic a month or so ago that mack was one of the top 4 returning graded backs in the entire nation.
Not sure that graded is the same as good performing. He certainly wasn't the 4th best back in the country. My comments were made based on watching every game and my opinion, which may not be worth much. I trust the coaches on what they do. He wasn't used as much as our other back, so I suspect there was a reason for that. We will see how it goes next year. I am hoping he does great and that I am wrong in my speculation.
RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
HICKSON, Frankie 13 187 1074 33 1041 5.6 12 66 80.1
MACK, Joshua 13 136 809 17 792 5.8 7 63 60.9

ALL PURPOSE GP Rush Rcv PR KR IR Total Avg/G
GANDY-GOLDEN,Antonio 13 0 1396 0 0 0 1396 107.4
HICKSON, Frankie 13 1041 96 0 19 0 1156 88.9
MACK, Joshua 13 792 177 0 37 0 1006 77.4

:dontgetit
By Class of 20Something
J Mack Stats(Place on team)

Rushing- 792 yds(2nd)

YPCarry(Min 20 attempts) 5.8 (1st)

Scoring(WR, TE, RB) 7TDs (3rd)

YPCatch(Min 10 Catches) 13.6 yards (6th among all, 1st among RBs)

So he's averages more yards per catch and per carry than Hickson, and the top returning scorer on the entire team and we're just not sure? Cmon
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, Jonathan Bennett tweeted this........

I guess the question is, will he now be participating in Spring drills from day one? They've been saying maybe just the last couple of weeks.
Purple Haize liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]