Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Willis has 1st shot. Freeze has all but said it in every interview the last month. Ferguson and bennett have to get healthy first. I like jb a lot from what ive seen. I believe he pushes willis. Ive heard lots of nfl people around draft time say accuracy is the toughest thing to improve on. Willis doesnt have the sheer arm strength buck had either.
By LUOrange
PAmedic wrote: March 11th, 2020, 2:44 pm
LUOrange wrote: March 11th, 2020, 1:27 pm As far as competition goes with Freeze, I agree. Maybe Willis is my favorite. In my mind an Auburn/SEC QB should be ahead of an FCS QB that threw almost as many INT's as he did TD's and unproven recruits. That said, I think we're all confident Freeze and Co. will make the right pick. I, also agree with you about the QB coaches. I'd have loved to see what these coaches could've done with another year of Buckshot and AGG.
I didn’t get it the first 6 times but now that you posted the 7th , I see your point 🤔
Well, I'm glad it finally set in for you. Even if it took you 7 times to get it.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
They're practicing this morning then have a week off for spring break. Freeze to address the media after this morning's practice.
By Risewithus
Since nba is still trying to salvage this current season I would think yes. But at this point, who the heck knows. Too many unknowns.
By LUDad
SumItUp wrote: March 19th, 2020, 3:04 pm Will there be a college football season this fall?
My guess is that there is 0 chance of a football season as we know it.

Edit. The virus should dissipate this summer. The varables that are unknown is 1. How strong will it come back this fall/winter? 2. Will novel drugs/treatment be around by then? 3. So far the virus has seem to mutate into a weaker version of itself. But when it comes back after summer will it be more virulent? 4. Fall election. Everyone will play it safe. Too many unanswered questions going against a foorball season with full fan attendence.
Last edited by LUDad on March 21st, 2020, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I heard it suggested somewhere that a shortened season may result in conference games only. As an independent that could be devastating to our season.
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote: March 21st, 2020, 3:30 pm I heard it suggested somewhere that a shortened season may result in conference games only. As an independent that could be devastating to our season.
The ncaa would pull the Hawaii exemption for all independents. If you play an Indy, you get an extra game. That’s a huge advantage.
By LUOrange
flamehunter wrote: March 21st, 2020, 3:30 pm I heard it suggested somewhere that a shortened season may result in conference games only. As an independent that could be devastating to our season.
I don't know about that. There's 6 other Independents who'll need games. Might be the only way we get to play Notre Dame in football. But I don't think football will be in jeopardy. The Olympics might be.
Last edited by LUOrange on March 22nd, 2020, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Risewithus liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Latest projections from what I have read and heard on the Virus could begin dissipating as early as end of April but the probability is early to mid May.

But either way, Psalm 46:10 has been on my mind the last few days, "Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in earth."
ballcoach15, Risewithus, LUOrange and 1 others liked this
By LUDad
Looks like the aid package has been doubled to 2 trillion. I have my doubts that the government will allow a full fledged season with tailgating and fans so soon after printing this much money. The interest rate is already 0. They do not have any more bullets in their arsenal if it comes back strong in the fall/winter.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]