Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: January 31st, 2020, 9:00 pm Bad idea. This stupid rule if adopted, will lead to more transfers.
It will bring free agency to NCAA.
Softball already has this rule along with most sports. It's better than the very broken waiver system we have now.

A guy can transfer from Georgia to Ohio St and get a waiver because he wants more playing time but if a player transfers from Georgia to Illinois to be close to home because his grandpa is dying they reject the waiver because he's not "immediate family." It's way too subjective and benefits blue bloods the most like always... (lI'm also an illini fan if you haven't noticed
That is true, NCAA favors certain schools. If my memory is correct, after the 2019 season, between 400 and 500 softball players entered transfer portal. The transfer portal is becoming a mockery . NCAA should only grant waivers in extreme hardship cases.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:47 am That is true, NCAA favors certain schools. If my memory is correct, after the 2019 season, between 400 and 500 softball players entered transfer portal. The transfer portal is becoming a mockery . NCAA should only grant waivers in extreme hardship cases.
Of course, because we all know that the moment an 18 year old signs a NLI and becomes an NCAA student-athlete, they relinquish all the unalienable rights endowed upon them by their creator. :roll:
Last edited by olldflame on February 1st, 2020, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
thepostman wrote: February 1st, 2020, 10:08 am @ballcoach15 really has quite the outlook on transfers. Yet coaches can leave all the time for better opportunities and they are the ones being paid!
Only transfers that don’t come to schools he roots for. He’s ok if they transfer into one of his favor schools
ballcoach15 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]