Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Lion1983
After some talking to a couple of different people, I dont think, (if this is to happen) that Gardner Webb or Charlston Southern would join the UAC. They seem to be under the impression that both are thinking of going the route of Presbyterian and dropping scholarship football and joining the Pioneer League.

So that brings the probable reasoning for this, it may be a plan that is being considered if another conference does not take UNA and KSU as associate members. If the Big South lost Gardner Webb and Charlston Southern for football, they will not keep sponsoring football. There are several schools in the Southeast in FCS that would be interested in joining each other to form a conference, but cant just start a bran new conference. All of the UAC would be current D1 schools. After that it would be speculative to say who the schools are. But that's how it would automatically have a AQ.

The ASUN would have an AQ even bringing in 3 D2 schools because of the core 7.

That being said, this may only have to do with the big South because of football. Or them dropping football.

And like your AD said, there is a chance nothing changes.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 5:10 pm Throughout that interview, Ian did not seem to be too worried. He might know something that we don't. i.e. AAC. Just a thought. Study
Not saying you're right, but thus was a similar reaction when he was asked about FBS months before Liberty was eligible to play FBS the following January/February. Also we have to recognize when he says that that this proposition is a theory, which means that it's just an idea. Glad we have clearer idea of what's going on. I want to know how this will work financially speaking. That has not been answered.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Lion1983 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 3:35 pm After some talking to a couple of different people, I dont think, (if this is to happen) that Gardner Webb or Charlston Southern would join the UAC. They seem to be under the impression that both are thinking of going the route of Presbyterian and dropping scholarship football and joining the Pioneer League.

So that brings the probable reasoning for this, it may be a plan that is being considered if another conference does not take UNA and KSU as associate members. If the Big South lost Gardner Webb and Charlston Southern for football, they will not keep sponsoring football. There are several schools in the Southeast in FCS that would be interested in joining each other to form a conference, but cant just start a bran new conference. All of the UAC would be current D1 schools. After that it would be speculative to say who the schools are. But that's how it would automatically have a AQ.

That being said, this may only have to do with the big South because of football. Or them dropping football.

I feel like your sources may not exactly know what’s going on here. I highly doubt Charleston Southern is considering dropping to pioneer league football. I have no connection or source other than to say we all know something about CSU’s AD and they just pumped a ton of money into their stadium and their doing some things to their facilities. Highly doubt they put that kinda money to drop to non scholarship football.
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Lion1983 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 3:35 pm After some talking to a couple of different people, I dont think, (if this is to happen) that Gardner Webb or Charlston Southern would join the UAC. They seem to be under the impression that both are thinking of going the route of Presbyterian and dropping scholarship football and joining the Pioneer League.

I feel like your sources may not exactly know what’s going on here. I highly doubt Charleston Southern is considering dropping to pioneer league football. I have no connection or source other than to say we all know something about CSU’s AD and they just pumped a ton of money into their stadium and their doing some things to their facilities. Highly doubt they put that kinda money to drop to non scholarship football.
I dunno. It makes a lot of sense. Especially if the funds aren’t materializing like expected. Football ain’t cheap.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
After listening to Ian‘s interview with Jamie, I’m about as worried about this as I am the joke impeachment of the POTUS.

I could be wrong about both but not losing sleep over it
By Ewglenn
Purple Haize wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:10 pm
Liberty22 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 9:19 pm

I dunno. It makes a lot of sense. Especially if the funds aren’t materializing like expected. Football ain’t cheap.
CSU is not thinking of dropping scholarships. They are too invested in money games. They are also exploring the option of redoing the seating of the stadium.
By Ill flame
It's good to see the hbcu's starting to break off and going their seperate ways. Many of them are better off apart than together. Despite the big South being an awful conference especially in basketball. It's still a big step up from the meac
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
So much for the Big South Football imploding. Other than better TV markets, and fewer teams, and tolerating our ambitions, I don't think that the ASUN's any better, if at all, than the Big South. Stating the obvious again, we've outgrown most of the FCS/Low to Midmajor Conferences, we just have to prove we belong.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]