Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
From a basketball standpoint, Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville were no brainers, football is where the problems came into play originally. Louisville has turned it around considerably and even had a Heisman winner so take the good with the bad I guess. UConn would have been a great fit basketball wise as well and filled out that northeast corridor nicely for the conference.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ACC should have remained a Southland conference.

VT and BC joined ACC before it merged with Big East. I still haven't figured out how BC got in.
ECU would be a better fit for ACC than any northern school. Even UCF also.
bluedevilflame liked this
By Ill flame
SumItUp wrote: January 24th, 2020, 4:33 pm
bluedevilflame wrote: January 24th, 2020, 1:51 pm Here is what a potential football only conference could look like for us:

Army
BYU
Boise State
Liberty
UConn
UMass
NMSU
FBS does not allow football only conferences. Even if an NCAA exception was made, I'd prefer independence.
We have scheduled all of those teams except Boise st anyway. The independents already essentially have an informal scheduling alliance so forming an actual conference would only help with bowl games.
LUOrange liked this
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
    ballcoach15 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 5:13 pm ACC should have remained a Southland conference.

VT and BC joined ACC before it merged with Big East. I still haven't figured out how BC got in.
    ECU and UCF's academics would be the major hurdle. Plus both are already in the conference foot print with Miami and FSU and the Tobacco Road schools in NC. I'd imagine BC got in because of the Boston media market and academics.
    By Cider Jim
    Registration Days Posts
    ballcoach15 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 5:13 pm I still haven't figured out how BC got in. ECU would be a better fit for ACC
    Ballcoach, the first word in BC is Boston, which is a much bigger market than Greenville.
    By Liberty22
    Registration Days Posts
    If you guys want to read 10 pages of nonsense go read the ASUN news on csnbbs. Most of it is people claiming the ASUN is fed up with Liberty and regret taking us so this is an attempt to get rid of us. The ignorance never ceases to amaze me. One guy claimed the ASUN should have known we’d dominate when we “announced plans to leave our high school gym we played basketball in to the 20,000 seat one their building on campus”. Seriously lol.

https://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=892977
    By ballcoach15
    Registration Days Posts
    bluedevilflame wrote: January 24th, 2020, 5:42 pm
      ballcoach15 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 5:13 pm ACC should have remained a Southland conference.

ECU and UCF's academics would be the major hurdle. Plus both are already in the conference foot print with Miami and FSU and the Tobacco Road schools in NC. I'd imagine BC got in because of the Boston media market and academics.
      When Louisville got admitted, that proved the ACC had no academic standards.
      By jinxy
      Registration Days Posts
      No official comments from any ads or presidents since this came out? This has been universally mocked by anybody that has actually cared to read it its embarassing that a conference could be so clueless to release something so incoherent and frankly absurd.

How else can you take it other than we are the odd man out. In my mind we have to get out asap. This thing is going to be complete train wreck. Frankly the asun has been a total joke outside of lipscomb mbb last year and fgcu. We need to go all out to get pursue the aac or cusa.

What am i missing? Seems a bigger deal than weve made it.
      By ATrain
      Registration Days Posts
      BlueBlood wrote: January 24th, 2020, 4:25 pm
      ballcoach15 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 4:14 pm If ACC had not merged with Big East, Miami, FSU, VT and Clemson would have combined to have ACC rival SEC in football today.
      But Miami and VT came from the Big East.
      Pesky details like that don't matter in Ballcoach's world
      Purple Haize liked this
      By Lion1983
      Just got confirmation that the ASUN will be take over the Big South. Liberty, UNA and Bellarmine wanted nothing to do with the "merger". Gumbart, in an attempt to give the 3 a solution, is making the CCSA a multi sport FCS conference. Apparently, Liberty and Bellarmine will be the only non football members of the conference.

The other members will not be disclosed until later, but was assured they are all current D1 FCS members.

The reason the announcement was vague, is they are still in the early stages and some of the Big South members are weighing options to go elsewhere.
      By jinxy
      Registration Days Posts
      So if what your saying is accurate were basically back in the big south again hah.

So why even announce it yet if they cant be more specific. I mean they are getting crushed nationally with anybody that actually cares
      ballcoach15 liked this
      By LUOrange
      Lion1983 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 9:02 pm Basically, Liberty leaving the Big South has Killed the Big South...
      Well, the Big South did it to themselves. I'd like to know what schools LU no longer wants to be associated with that they were opposed to a straight up merger.
      By Lion1983
      jinxy wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:29 pm So if what your saying is accurate were basically back in the big south again hah.

So why even announce it yet if they cant be more specific. I mean they are getting crushed nationally with anybody that actually cares
      Not really...
      Liberty will be a full member of a conference with UNA, Bellarmine, 4 former Big South football schools and 3 current D1 FCS schools from a couple of other conferences. Or 3 former big South football schools (depending on what Hampton does) and 4 current FCS schools.
      By jimflamesfan
      Registration Days Posts
      So basically our new conference could be something like: Liberty, UNA, Bellermine, Charlston Southern, Gardner Webb, Campbell, Hampton, and Kennesaw State? Like we are in the fcs football playing side but our football stays fbs independent? If that's the case I'd rather just have the asun and big south stay separate.
      By ballah09
      Registration Days Posts
      Lion1983 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 9:01 pm Just got confirmation that the ASUN will be take over the Big South. Liberty, UNA and Bellarmine wanted nothing to do with the "merger". Gumbart, in an attempt to give the 3 a solution, is making the CCSA a multi sport FCS conference. Apparently, Liberty and Bellarmine will be the only non football members of the conference.

The other members will not be disclosed until later, but was assured they are all current D1 FCS members.

The reason the announcement was vague, is they are still in the early stages and some of the Big South members are weighing options to go elsewhere.
      Please tell me we will be able to join the ASUN 7 after all this goes down. A conference with Gardner-Webb, Presbyterian, Chuck South is going to be god awful.

let us stay with FGCU and Lipscomb. This sucks.
      Last edited by ballah09 on January 25th, 2020, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      By jinxy
      Registration Days Posts
      Jamie hall posted an interview with mccaw on the 90.9 the light twitter handle. It only had 2 youtube views counting mine but its worth a listen. Basically says what we think. Its a idea that isnt practical at all and is more of a concept in nature.

Its not a good setup for us at all. Gotta get outta here if they really try this.
      Last edited by jinxy on January 26th, 2020, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
      Liberty22 liked this
      By cruzan_flame13
      jinxy wrote: January 25th, 2020, 10:43 pm Jamie hall posted an interview with mccaw on the 90.9 the light twitter handle. It only had 2 youtube views counting mine but its worth a listen. Basically says what we think. Its a idea that is practical at all and is more of a concept in nature.

Its not a good setup for us at all. Gotta get outta here if they really try this.
      Do you mind providing the link of that interview?
      By PAmedic
      Registration Days Posts
      well that puts perspective on it.

good link thx
      Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]