Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I can't speak of the area of VA/NC but there is a pretty large contingent of LU alum down here in Atlanta. I'll put it this way if you are a normal church goer down south you more than likely know about Liberty. If you aren't, especially in my area, they only know what headlines hit main stream aka Jerry, Hugh freeze hiring, ADIM and my favorite comment I have to correct as jon said "oh they just went D1 right?"
I think that speaks more to the fan knowledge more than anything. heck people still don't know that UNCC and ODU are in FBS.
I live in Suffolk and work in VA Beach. My wife and I are both LU alums twice over. About to be three for me. I work in IT as a contractor so I'm in and out of different companies. I love LU and follow them about as close as anyone could not living in Lynchburg. The few times I bring up being an LU grad (being a contractor that doesn't always come up in the interview) I'm met with oh poor you, or it's ok I went to ITT (technical institute). The perception will change over the years with wins but currently outside of church life everyone I've talked to about Liberty had a dominantly negative view of the school. Of course I blame this on Jerry's outspoken politics that's where most of the negative view sprouts.

Around here most are ODU alums (or VT/UVA) so maybe it's that first win from last year that makes them hate the school. 🤷‍♂️
adam42381 liked this
tyndal23 wrote: December 28th, 2019, 9:36 pm More importantly, what is the national perception of my Sooners going 0 - 4 in CFP...ugh. Hoping I can get some redemption on LSU tomorrow - cmon Ritchie !!!
No hard feelings, but I don't think Oklahoma was one of 4 best teams in nation.
By tyndal23
Me neither but we’re the only possible choice for that 4 spot. We were a 9-3 team that way over performed - replaced 4 O line, lost all American TE to concussions and half our D to injury / suspension / so best coaching job by Riley but just not enough depth / horses to do anything in CFP.
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: December 28th, 2019, 4:07 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 5:58 pm Cider, track and swimming are not the Big 4.
In what world (besides yours) is softball considered a “Big 4” sport? :roll:
I think we can all agree on a Big 3 (FB, MBB, BB). If we need to name a Big 4, is it between WBB and SB? If so, let the market decide the demand for each. Out another way, national television broadcasts of each sport would seem to me to underscore the popularity nationally of each. And WBB broadcasts grossly outnumber SB broadcasts annually.

So, SB is at best the fifth sport. And it’s really just one of a group of equal sports like VB, T&F, Soccer, Gymnastics.
flamesfilmguy wrote: December 28th, 2019, 11:04 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 28th, 2019, 9:36 pm Is UNCC and ODU really FBS
Yes ballcoach. UNCC and ODU play in actually pretty nice stadiums that aren't that much different than our own. They also play in the CUSA. but you already knew all that.
Did he? At his age and with whatever he picked up in Thailand on R and R his memory isn’t what it was
JK37 wrote: December 28th, 2019, 11:50 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 5:58 pm Cider, track and swimming are not the Big 4.
I think we can all agree on a Big 3 (FB, MBB, BB). If we need to name a Big 4, is it between WBB and SB? If so, let the market decide the demand for each. Out another way, national television broadcasts of each sport would seem to me to underscore the popularity nationally of each. And WBB broadcasts grossly outnumber SB broadcasts annually.

So, SB is at best the fifth sport. And it’s really just one of a group of equal sports like VB, T&F, Soccer, Gymnastics.
Softball is far ahead of VB, T & F, and other minor sports. I believe this past WCWS had the 3rd best TV audience, behind only football and basketball.
ballcoach15 wrote: December 29th, 2019, 12:11 am
JK37 wrote: December 28th, 2019, 11:50 pm

Softball is far ahead of VB, T & F, and other minor sports. I believe this past WCWS had the 3rd best TV audience, behind only football and basketball.
Other than the voices in your head do you have any source references?

http://www.startribune.com/big-ten-netw ... 566352692/

https://volleyballmag.com/tv-052218/

So who won the ratings battle in 2019. I know the answer but I want to see if you can do any research at all
adam42381 wrote: December 28th, 2019, 10:21 pm
@Cider Jim Please help your friend. Study
Ballcoach knows better, but his bias is showing. He also knows that UVa has the best college football team in the state this year, but he will never admit it. :nonono
Cider Jim wrote: December 29th, 2019, 1:20 am
adam42381 wrote: December 28th, 2019, 10:21 pm
@Cider Jim Please help your friend. Study
Ballcoach knows better, but his bias is showing. He also knows that UVa has the best college football team in the state this year, but he will never admit it. :nonono
Could you at least help him with his grammar and punctuation?
adam42381 wrote: December 29th, 2019, 9:11 am
Could you at least help him with his grammar and punctuation?
I'm on Christmas break, but Ballcoach does need coached up on agreement errors and when to use a question mark, but I can't even remember how to spell Wake Forest half the time. :oops:
ballcoach15 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Maybe its just me but ive always felt it was wbb 4th softball 5 volleyball 6. Then depending on what your school is good at or your geography the rest is a grab bag. Outside the top 6 there are very very few broadcasts available which i agree with jk is the best indicator. Tv is obviously going for what gets most eyeballs.
Cider Jim wrote: December 27th, 2019, 4:31 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 4:27 pm Liberty has "4" sports doing good, while the others do not.

By 4 sports, I mean football, basketball, softball and baseball.
Ballcoach, I think you need coached up on LU's track team and our swimming/diving team, both of which have been nationally ranked.
Agreed. Track, XC, Diving, Swimming Field Hockey are all very competitive against Power Conferences.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]