Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 9:11 pm
SumItUp wrote: December 26th, 2019, 8:46 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Twice as far from Orlando to Lynchburg, than Orlando to Statesboro yet we had more fans than GS.
Liberty had a great turnout at the Cure Bowl. We did not have more fans than Georgia Southern. Do you just make stuff up?
If GS had more fans than LU, some of them must have been down the street at Camping World Stadium. They were not in Exploria Stadium. Everyone I have talked with who was at game, says we had more. Everyone I have
talked with who saw game on TV, said it appeared LU had more.
Or maybe a lot of GS fans wore red.
I went to the GS side to see what our side looked like.... and from optics alone, i don't think we had as many fans as GS. However, the fans we did have were really engaged and loud from the beginning of the game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was at the game and then watched it again on TV on Christmas Day. I don't know where the stadium microphones were, but the LU fans sounded much louder than the Georgia Southern fans on TV.
sstaedtler, rtb72 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 3:12 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 26th, 2019, 9:11 pm
SumItUp wrote: December 26th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Liberty had a great turnout at the Cure Bowl. We did not have more fans than Georgia Southern. Do you just make stuff up?
If GS had more fans than LU, some of them must have been down the street at Camping World Stadium. They were not in Exploria Stadium. Everyone I have talked with who was at game, says we had more. Everyone I have
talked with who saw game on TV, said it appeared LU had more.
Or maybe a lot of GS fans wore red.
I went to the GS side to see what our side looked like.... and from optics alone, i don't think we had as many fans as GS. However, the fans we did have were really engaged and loud from the beginning of the game.
Thanks for the info. We were sitting in section 118 at the 20 yd line on the LU side. Looking down the line it looked like we had more down the other end of the stadium than GS did on their side but you obviously had a better vantage point.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 26th, 2019, 4:28 pm Unlike Ballcoach, I bought the $150 ticket that came with the full buffet in the sky box. The food was amazing--jumbo shrimp, baked chicken, BBQ pork, hamburger sliders, hot dogs, fresh fruit and vegetables, desserts, and sodas, lemonade, and even a full bar of adult beverages (I drank canned lemonade).

All told, with gas, hotel suite, tickets, and meals, I dropped about 6 bills, but being there for LU's first bowl experience (and getting a pic with Morgan Hout) was worth every penny!

I even watched the game again on TV on Christmas Day with Mrs. Cider.
Had we known that we might have paid the extra $$$. :lol:

Unfortunately we didn't know about the pre-game fest at the restaurant. We got down there just as they quit serving food. Looked like a fun atmosphere.
By BlueBlood
Just John wrote: December 31st, 2019, 1:57 am
rtb72 wrote: December 27th, 2019, 3:12 pm I went to the GS side to see what our side looked like.... and from optics alone, i don't think we had as many fans as GS. However, the fans we did have were really engaged and loud from the beginning of the game.
Thanks for the info. We were sitting in section 118 at the 20 yd line on the LU side. Looking down the line it looked like we had more down the other end of the stadium than GS did on their side but you obviously had a better vantage point.
I was there (and also walked over to get a better view of our side) and couldn't determine who had more. It seemed like GS had their fans more tightly compacted in a smaller area (most dense near their band, then thinning out) and that LU had fans spread out more evenly in a much bigger area (from our band all the way to and including the other end zone). Of note - The LU band sat 2 sections further into the north end zone than the GS band did. Also, LU clearly had more fans in the south end zone

Overall, I thought it was probably fairly even (considering that I couldn't figure it out).

I thought LU had a very respectable turnout. GS had a huge travel advantage, as many of their fans could technically do this as a day trip, or a time and economically-reasonable one-night stay.
By DestinationBass
Both bands were originally supposed to sit directly across from each other, but then as the fans started coming in it was discovered that some of our seats were literally in the middle of where they put the band. After WAY too much scrambling for what seemed like an obvious solution our band got moved to where they ended up.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]