Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

It could depend on how the young DEs develop, but I would not be surprised to see Jayod Sanders get moved to LB. He certainly has the speed, and although he is reportedly up to 225 now, he's still undersized for DL. Put him there along with Kidd-Glass, and our LB room starts looking both deeper and more talented. I am also expecting to see Malik Caper make a move for PT this Spring. Reportedly up to 230 now, and he's a really athletic kid who was also a stud RB in HS.
chris leedlelee liked this
Funny thing about Probert transferring to be closer to home. He's the kid who spilled the beans on our.......... how shall I phrase it?....... "extremely generous" FCOA allottment when he said that at first he was reluctant to go to school so far from home, but with an extra $6,000 a year coming in, "I can afford to fly home pretty much whenever I want." Of course that doesn't get all his family and friends down to Virginia to see him play.

Not doubting his word as to his motivation, but I think it's pretty safe to say that he was informed that the PK job would be an open competition, which probably made his choice easier. In any event, it relieves HF of the embarrassing 2 scholarship PK fiasco he inherited.
chris leedlelee liked this
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]