Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
thepostman wrote: June 26th, 2020, 7:05 pm We could debate that I'm sure but here's to me hoping for a 2020 college football season!
The good Lord knows I want football for many reasons this year. Seeing old friends, my daughters mental health, my mental health, the young athletes that want to play, revenue for the university and, another bowl game.
I want it. I fear we will not reach our herd immunity by fall and the fear of being ill will cancel our season.
Do not get me wrong I am not wanting to give the impression of minimizing the severity of the worst cases of this virus but if just for sake of living I want the season tom go on!
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:04 pm The ivy league is considering a Spring football season.
They can do that. They are not desperately for money with the high endowments they have from centuries of wealth, etc.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, I all of a sudden feel really really good about our kicking game over the next 2 years. Barbir is a senior and Knight is a red-shirt junior.

Not to mention, Barbir looks like a bodybuilder who is our kicker. Dude is jacked out of his mind! 5'9 and 210 pounds :shock:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 12:25 pm So, I all of a sudden feel really really good about our kicking game over the next 2 years. Barbir is a senior and Knight is a red-shirt junior.

Not to mention, Barbir looks like a bodybuilder who is our kicker. Dude is jacked out of his mind! 5'9 and 210 pounds :shock:
Knight had 1 TB, 52 yards per kickoff, and 4 of 9 FGs. Probert had 51 TBs, 62 yards per kickoff, and 13 of 19 FGs. Let's hope Babir has a leg and accuracy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 12:56 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 12:25 pm So, I all of a sudden feel really really good about our kicking game over the next 2 years. Barbir is a senior and Knight is a red-shirt junior.

Knight had 1 TB, 52 yards per kickoff, and 4 of 9 FGs. Probert had 51 TBs, 62 yards per kickoff, and 13 of 19 FGs. Let's hope Babir has a leg and accuracy.
I suspect Babir will handle kickoff duties, which is what he did at PSU.
By cruzan_flame13
Just for fun, what if we took this opportunity to switch a game on our schedule:

What if we made a negotiation with Navy's athletic department and established a home for home game(we got to them this season and they come to us later in the 2020's). If we make a deal, we can then buy out the NC A&T game. This would strengthen or schedule and it would be best to keep the Western Carolina game later in the season for our players to have an easier game (to re-group and heal up). What do you guys think?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’d be all in for a game with navy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'd be shocked if it happened. For us, it would involve giving up a home game. For them, they would be swapping a sure win against an FCS opponent for a game they could lose. I'm pretty sure Navy will be looking at getting another FCS opponent for that date.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:40 pm ODU has Hampton that week. They should go for it.
That's the only FCS game on ODU's schedule. I doubt they will want to swap a likely win at home, which will count toward bowl eligibility, for a tough game on the road. It would actually make more sense for us than it would for them, since we have 2 FCS games and only one win counts.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:18 pm I'd be shocked if it happened. For us, it would involve giving up a home game. For them, they would be swapping a sure win against an FCS opponent for a game they could lose. I'm pretty sure Navy will be looking at getting another FCS opponent for that date.
LU at least needs to make a play for it. When you are the new kid on the block and wanna make a name for yourself these are the things you do
SumItUp liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:50 pm
olldflame wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:18 pm I'd be shocked if it happened. For us, it would involve giving up a home game. For them, they would be swapping a sure win against an FCS opponent for a game they could lose. I'm pretty sure Navy will be looking at getting another FCS opponent for that date.
LU at least needs to make a play for it. When you are the new kid on the block and wanna make a name for yourself these are the things you do
Sure why not give it a shot, but I don't think Navy will do it until they have searched high and low for an FCS team to play and come up dry. In addition to making things harder for them to get bowl eligibility, playing us would involve covering our buyout for NC A&T as well as additional $$ to make up for our losing a home gate. As far as a home and home, I believe they are already on the schedule in the future, but don't recall the specifics.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 4th, 2020, 7:21 am
Sure why not give it a shot, but I don't think Navy will do it until they have searched high and low for an FCS team to play and come up dry. In addition to making things harder for them to get bowl eligibility, playing us would involve covering our buyout for NC A&T as well as additional $$ to make up for our losing a home gate. As far as a home and home, I believe they are already on the schedule in the future, but don't recall the specifics.
You are assuming that LU would require all of that. Remember football has a blank check for all intents and purposes. A 1 off game this season wouldn’t be too expensive in lost home revenue for LU. The NCAT buyout is something LU could afford by itself. I say make as much accommodation as possible to get it done.
Generally, I’d agree with all your above points. But this is a pretty decent “Brand Name” team and in the Rona Era you have opinions (see what I did there)
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: July 4th, 2020, 7:57 am
olldflame wrote: July 4th, 2020, 7:21 am

You are assuming that LU would require all of that. Remember football has a blank check for all intents and purposes. A 1 off game this season wouldn’t be too expensive in lost home revenue for LU. The NCAT buyout is something LU could afford by itself. I say make as much accommodation as possible to get it done.
Generally, I’d agree with all your above points. But this is a pretty decent “Brand Name” team and in the Rona Era you have opinions (see what I did there)
PH - did u mean options instead of opinions in your last sentence? I think having graduation ceremony planned that week makes any change a non starter.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ODU plays Hampton that week. Hampton just said no student on campus this fall, all online classes. Not sure what that does to the ODU Hampton game. Will Hampton be able to play football.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 3:06 pm I'm 20 minutes from the Naval Academy. I'd love a series with them.
I would too! I'm only about 10 minutes from Annapolis
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 5th, 2020, 2:45 pm Hawaii searching for possible replacement for iffy Fordham on football schedule
Fordham is no longer iffy. Fordham will not be traveling to Hawaii.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:32 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 5th, 2020, 2:45 pm Hawaii searching for possible replacement for iffy Fordham on football schedule
If I was in the team I’d want the Hawaii trip to happen. As a fan I want the navy game to happen
ATrain liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:32 pm
I have no idea how Hawaii will even field a team this year, unless things change dramatically. Currently, anyone entering the state has to quarantine for 14 days. The same goes for NY, NJ & CT.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]