Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: September 25th, 2020, 10:09 pm Lot of egg on faces with the MAC, PAC 12 & Mountain West all opting in for fall seasons...
True. People are finally figuring out, that there is a 99%+ recovery rate for anyone under 69 years of age. You know, it takes those on the Left Coast a little longer to catch on. Plus, due to expediting the approval process, there will be a viable vaccine soon.
chris leedlelee liked this
By rtb72
NC State is down pretty big to VT....who is also down 23 from Covid. Not sure just how much bite the pack has this year. May be something to watch leading up to our game in November.
Liberty22 liked this
By tyndal23
rtb72 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 10:14 pm NC State is down pretty big to VT....who is also down 23 from Covid. Not sure just how much bite the pack has this year. May be something to watch leading up to our game in November.
Really hard to gauge teams in ACC so far ( and everywhere for that matter ). NC State offense vs WF last week looked incredible but their second and 3rd level D looked pretty bad. I fully expected them to upset VT and VT looked like world beaters. Has Fuente figure it out or is WF and NC State really that bad?
By BlueBlood
Love it. Love it. Love it.

I know some on here don't really care if LU is on a network or just available to stream. However, a network definitely brings more attention for the program. Folks who surf during commercials or when another game gets out of hand will land on the game.

I've had a couple folks make comments to me the past two weeks about seeing LU on TV (and I've never had that happen for streamed-only games). These folks may not have watched much, but they watched enough to comment that Willis looks really good (last week) or that our stadium looks really nice (this week).

Opportunities like this for LU will probably shrink once the B1G, PAC, MW, etc start playing. If I were Coach or AD, I'd seriously consider weeknight games later in the season - if it gets you on TV. I don't normally like weeknight games due to reduced gameday experience, folks traveling and the student section not being as full. However, if attendance continues to be capped, those arguments kind of go away this year. I'd go with TV exposure this year.
chris leedlelee liked this
By BlueBlood
More 2020 season fun:
Did they give us the smallest logo possible? yes. But are we there? also yes
Liberty22 liked this
By tyndal23
Someone remind me where Kaleb Coleman is - ( if that spelling is correct ). Has he played a snap this year ?
By LUOrange
tyndal23 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 9:41 pm Someone remind me where Kaleb Coleman is - ( if that spelling is correct ). Has he played a snap this year ?
Brayden Monday as well?
By rtb72
Liberty22 wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 3:23 pm Coastal up 52-23 with 4 mins left in game.... geez
Coastal is no joke. We've got some work to do before the last game of the season.
By rtb72
Looks like Coastal's a pass heavy offense....so that will play right it to our......weakness.
By Jonathan Carone
rtb72 wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 3:46 pm Looks like Coastal's a pass heavy offense....so that will play right it to our......weakness.
Chadwell’s offense will do whatever the defense lets it, but prefers to run it. Whatever the do, its all done while chomping up 10 minutes of possession every quarter. It’s insanely frustrating to play against.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Maybe I am just being a typical LU fan when it comes to feelings towards Coastal, but I think Coastal is a bunch of posers.
By tyndal23
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 5:24 pm Maybe I am just being a typical LU fan when it comes to feelings towards Coastal, but I think Coastal is a bunch of posers.
It’s a fan message board - you are allowed...but, watch their games on YouTube then be honest with yourself. Hopefully they are undefeated when we play them. As for LU I like how we have left points on the board, lapses in defense, poor stretches of offense - and still win. That is way better for staffs to keep players in check and working hard vs starting off hot and then having a melt down against a ULM or other team. Loved our D today, hated we Gave up the goose egg but liked the fact we got our first turnover out of the way on O and got 3 on D. I want all of our best ball happening rest of the way, not in first 3 weeks. No clue why we threw it on first down after they missed kick. Liked the way Bennett looked except that pass and he needs to continue his fakes better after handing off. Where was the big Latvian today? Really expected more TE action today vs an FCS - they got em a TD though. QB 2 has a little Buckshot in him - gets lazy with his feet sometimes and misses 2 wide open TD’s he never saw and threw a terrible pass on another sure TD - but also threw some very nice balls. MW is the most consistent and accurate passer which is nice to have along with everything else he brings. I thought LB play looked very good today. A big improvement on D from last year’s 2 FCS games.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We saw the value of a true dual-threat qb today. Our offense struggled today against a FCS, Big-South team, playing their first game of the year.
IMO we score at least double the points with Malik at QB. I hope we never go back to a pro set at LU. Glad we could rest Malik today and still win.
By LUOrange
sstaedtler wrote: October 5th, 2020, 10:23 pm OK, this is why I despise Syracuse. Their fans and writers continue to whine about scheduling Liberty. Read the end of this article. Just non stop attempts to try to bash Liberty in a passive aggressive way.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball ... s-set.html
All the more reason we need to beat them in the Dome next week and next year.
sstaedtler liked this
By sstaedtler
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 5th, 2020, 10:28 pm
sstaedtler wrote: October 5th, 2020, 10:23 pm OK, this is why I despise Syracuse. Their fans and writers continue to whine about scheduling Liberty. Read the end of this article. Just non stop attempts to try to bash Liberty in a passive aggressive way.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball ... s-set.html
What was passive aggressively bashing Liberty?
They are still bringing up the testing issue at Liberty even though Syracuse has had more of a problem with COVID than Liberty has as a whole. They then talk about how their 3 game contract with Liberty received sharp criticism since 2017 because Liberty has been hammered with bad publicity. Of course, the author ignores Syracuse's bad publicity where conservative students have been threatened and forced to leave and the campus administration did nothing about it. And then they end with another parting shot at Liberty saying "Syracuse athletic director John Wildhack said this summer there have been no conversations about a future scheduling arrangement with Liberty and doubted that there will be moving forward." Was there really a reason to bring this up, other than to take another back handed swipe at Liberty? What does this have to do with the game?

Their writers and their fans, if you look at their forums, make it clear they don't want to schedule Liberty ever again. Maybe the feeling is mutual.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]