Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By aj7
ballcoach15 wrote:If we played and beat ND, Dr. Falwell's vision would be fulfilled.
I'd rather play Notre Dame based on them wanting to schedule us or because we're in a postseason matchup where we've earned the right to compete. Playing them because of a pandemic seems like a loophole.
LUOrange liked this
By Ill flame
Chippy wrote: May 30th, 2020, 2:11 pm CBSsports 130 has VT at 39 and LU at 81!! WVU at 82 :D
LU is really hard to rank accurately at the moment. We have a lot of talent at key positions but we still don't have the depth across the board considering several of our players are still FCS caliber. I really hope HF sticks around for a couple more years and really sets us up for success before he goes back to the SEC.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: May 30th, 2020, 2:11 pm CBSsports 130 has LU at 81!! WVU at 82 :D
That's what I'm talking about!!! :clapping :pbjtime :clapping

Marshall is at 51!!! Who's the Junior College now??? :rofl

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... s-ranking/
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 30th, 2020, 5:13 pm
Chippy wrote: May 30th, 2020, 2:11 pm CBSsports 130 has LU at 81!! WVU at 82 :D
That's what I'm talking about!!! :clapping :pbjtime :clapping

Marshall is at 51!!! Who's the Junior College now??? :rofl

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... s-ranking/
I know. We’ve got so much rebuilding to do it’s not even funny. Maybe we will surprise some teams but the Big 12 isn’t exactly a Cup Cake Conference
By Jonathan Carone
Rumor has it at least one of those guys can be linked to Jerry. Saw a reply on twitter earlier today that mentioned it but the tweet has been deleted.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:14 pm Rumor has it at least one of those guys can be linked to Jerry. Saw a reply on twitter earlier today that mentioned it but the tweet has been deleted.
As I said in the Asia Todd thread, expect to see players who want to transfer for other reasons use that. I't's a free pass to get an exemption and play immediately. With the possible exception of Cozart, none of these guys were going to play much next year.
jinxy, LUOrange liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:26 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:14 pm Rumor has it at least one of those guys can be linked to Jerry. Saw a reply on twitter earlier today that mentioned it but the tweet has been deleted.
As I said in the Asia Todd thread, expect to see players who want to transfer for other reasons use that. I't's a free pass to get an exemption and play immediately. With the possible exception of Cozart, none of these guys were going to play much next year.
Don't tell Carone that, it will break his heart. :lol:
LUOrange liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Cozad was the only guy that would have possibly even sniffed the depth chart and he was hurt all the time and had been passed by younger players. Boy u guys would love to attach another one to jerry jr so bad that now were just making up stuff.

Every single semester we have a trail of 5 guys or so that leave and most of them have zero shot at playing.

Most all of us have had some issues in varying degrees with things done by jr. No need to attach things while grabbing in the wind to support a belief that may or may not be true when every program in america loses 5 every semester some who were walk ons.
LUOrange liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I know people leave every semester. A player’s mom responded to an ASOR tweet about Asia leaving and said her son was as well. She then deleted the tweet. I don’t just make crap up.
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:24 pm I know people leave every semester. A player’s mom responded to an ASOR tweet about Asia leaving and said her son was as well. She then deleted the tweet. I don’t just make crap up.
I wonder why she deleted that tweet? Hmmm...
jinxy, LUOrange liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I wouldn’t want to leave it out there either when Asia’s being met by people questioning her motives and implying she doesn’t fit at Liberty instead of actually listening to or believing her.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Seriously? She had dozens of interview request and national praise and has gotten infinite more attention than any other frosh transfer that averaged 8 pts a game in the nation that will bode well for her finding her next home. And one maybe 2 people on a board questioned it.

All comments on twitter were positive that i see and 11k rts.
Last edited by jinxy on June 11th, 2020, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Seeing some of the replies just reiterates what the black students, staff and faculty have been saying. There’s a racist culture at Liberty but rather then to address the issue people want to have their heads buried in the sand.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 11th, 2020, 7:06 pm I wouldn’t want to leave it out there either when Asia’s being met by people questioning her motives and implying she doesn’t fit at Liberty instead of actually listening to or believing her.
She said she no longer fits at Liberty. So she’d be one of those people
LUOrange liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What reply would make you say that. Ive seen one semi post that maybe could be construed that wasnt fair referencing whether todd was a fit.

I agree that take was not accurate and weve recruited far far far worse fits and have known it when recruiting them in all the sports. Her politics may not align with the president but that doesnt mean shes not a fit. Outside of that what post on her has been off?
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 7:19 pm Seeing some of the replies just reiterates what the black students, staff and faculty have been saying. There’s a racist culture at Liberty but rather then to address the issue people want to have their heads buried in the sand.
Please elaborate on which comments reiterates on what these individual are saying. If this was an issue for so long, these concern individuals could've leave and expose the problems and they would've have social media supporting them like some folks have done before (with other situations). If I was being racially profiled for anything, either job or education, I wouldn't stay in that place until a bigger deeper incident occurred. Maybe it's just me, but as I stated before, this is more deeper and it's a bit crazy to think that people are trying to make this the last straw. We are fighting wrong battle here and people will realize that they don't know what they actually want for change and what they're actually going to get out of this outcome. Sure, go ahead and use Jr. as a punching bag; he's just a guy making rants on a media application like the majority of people are doing globally(and most likely shouldn't be taken seriously). Remove him too and defund the police departments; that'll solve racism when in reality it's just tribalism that causes these tension. The media knows that, that's why they promote these videos once in awhile to stir up some chaos (ordo ab chao).
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
jinxy wrote: June 11th, 2020, 7:26 pm What reply would make you say that. Ive seen one semi post that maybe could be construed that wasnt fair referencing whether todd was a fit.

I agree that take was not accurate and weve recruited far far far worse fits and have known it when recruiting them in all the sports. Her politics may not align with the president but that doesnt mean shes not a fit. Outside of that what post on her has been off?
Um. I said that she probably wasn't a fit for LU, because she said she wasn't fit because of Liberty's "leaderships and it's cultures racial insensitivity." I don't care if she's leaving because of Jr's Twitter account, fine. I took issue with her saying the entire University was "racially insensitive." It has nothing to do with her or anyone else's race. I, also, wasn't the only one to question what he actual role with the team was going to be. But she's also obviously not a fit for Liberty anymore because she's leaving.

As far as Pop and the rest of these poor kids, until they say otherwise, they're just not a fit for the football team. Let's not blow everything out of proportion. What are y'all Democrats?
ballcoach15 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont disagree with 90 percent of what you said and its not really the same point. I guess i took it as more of saying we recruited a kid that didnt fit and we all know weve recruited way worse fits.

Either way they have provided zero evidence of that claim so far.

Very valid pt about the university comment.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 7:19 pm Seeing some of the replies just reiterates what the black students, staff and faculty have been saying. There’s a racist culture at Liberty but rather then to address the issue people want to have their heads buried in the sand.
You should write a book about Liberty's "racist culture" You could call it "The 1971 project". :roll:

I have no respect for generalized, ambiguous accusations like that. They minimize the evil of actual racism. If you believe racism is prevalent at Liberty, you should be able to cite examples where black people there have been discriminated against or disrespected. Come back to me when you can do that and I'll listen to what you have to say.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

If the new players picks up on the pack line def[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]