Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 4th, 2020, 2:28 pm College football: Independents like BYU are making ‘contingency plans’ in a conference-games-only scenario

Deseret News wrote:Despite reports to the contrary, BYU officials say they are ‘in the mix’ of discussions to play the likes of Liberty, Army, UMass, UConn, NMSU and perhaps even Notre Dame if the coronavirus pandemic shortens season to only league games for conference-affiliated teams
UMASS talk .......... https://www.masslive.com/umassfootball/ ... pring.html
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 27th, 2020, 10:00 am I don't need to back any statement up about Notre Dame. Anyone who knows anything about college football, should know the special treatment ND gets. Y'all can play mind games all you want, but you know ND is treated differently than the other FBS schools. NCAA has them on same plateau as a power 5 conference. Their AD is considered a peer to conference commissioners.
This is true! Started with 1989 Fiesta Bowl. Don’t stop, Ballcoach. Even if it’s just you and me. Stay strong. ND Haters 4 Lyfe!!
ballcoach15 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
However, if there are no out of conference games, Notre Dame is left little to no options. They’ll likely need to play a full season against the other Independent programs in FBS football. Just a reminder, besides the Irish, the Independents at the FBS level are UMass, UConn, Liberty, New Mexico State, BYU, and Army.

https://slapthesign.com/2020/05/08/notr ... -schedule/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: May 9th, 2020, 5:50 pm However, if there are no out of conference games, Notre Dame is left little to no options. They’ll likely need to play a full season against the other Independent programs in FBS football. Just a reminder, besides the Irish, the Independents at the FBS level are UMass, UConn, Liberty, New Mexico State, BYU, and Army.

https://slapthesign.com/2020/05/08/notr ... -schedule/
BUT the ACC can easily count ND as a Conference game this season.
By Ill flame
If we end up only being able to play independents can we throw an FCS independent on our schedule? 5 or 6 games isn't enough football
By cruzan_flame13
Ill flame wrote: May 9th, 2020, 10:36 pm If we end up only being able to play independents can we throw an FCS independent on our schedule? 5 or 6 games isn't enough football
We'd most likely play three teams twice. That's the better option for us anyways.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, with Alabama having talks with TCU about a possible match-up if USC is not allowed to make the trip or play their season it got me thinking. If we could choose two games that we would want that other opponent to say we can't play then who would you want to play instead?

These with be my 2:

NC A&T and Western Carolina replaced with:

1. Colorado State - They have to play at Oregon State the same week we play NC A&T and Oregon's governor is asking all sporting events either be cancelled or limited to very small gatherings.
2. BYU - Just because I want a rematch.

Who would you guys like to see replaced?
aj7 liked this
By tyndal23
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: May 13th, 2020, 2:14 pm So, with Alabama having talks with TCU about a possible match-up if USC is not allowed to make the trip or play their season it got me thinking. If we could choose two games that we would want that other opponent to say we can't play then who would you want to play instead?

These with be my 2:

1. Colorado State - They have to play at Oregon State the same week we play NC A&T and Oregon's governor is asking all sporting events either be cancelled or limited to very small gatherings.

Miss St - Mike Leach with a team he has no clue about and no spring to implement his circus offense in year 1 vs Hugh
BYU - ( every year we don’t play them is a sin )
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: May 13th, 2020, 9:44 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: May 13th, 2020, 2:14 pm So, with Alabama having talks with TCU about a possible match-up if USC is not allowed to make the trip or play their season it got me thinking. If we could choose two games that we would want that other opponent to say we can't play then who would you want to play instead?

These with be my 2:

Miss St - Mike Leach with a team he has no clue about and no spring to implement his circus offense in year 1 vs Hugh
BYU - ( every year we don’t play them is a sin )
Totally agree with you on BYU. Interesting thought on Mississippi St too.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If only a conference schedule is played, ND should not play those ACC games. They are not in ACC in football.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The Cal State system has made a decision to not fully open campuses in the fall. This decision affects San Diego State, Fresno State, and San Jose State, and it is unknown what - exactly - the implications for football/volleyball are. USC and UCLA are a part of the University of California system (separate system, just like SUNY and CUNY are separate), which hasn't made a decision yet. https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/csu ... l-football
By tyndal23
I actually hope the ND scenario doesn’t play out. That means no other P5 games for us and a lot of home and home with rest of independent. Not the end of the world but I think our odds of upsetting VT Cuse NC St with very diminished or no crowds go up a bit. Syracuse game may be a long shot To be played regardless with their Gov...
By LUOrange
tyndal23 wrote: May 17th, 2020, 9:12 pm I actually hope the ND scenario doesn’t play out. That means no other P5 games for us and a lot of home and home with rest of independent. Not the end of the world but I think our odds of upsetting VT Cuse NC St with very diminished or no crowds go up a bit. Syracuse game may be a long shot To be played regardless with their Gov...
That cretin has actually allowed CNY to reopen under his phase 1 already. That and Syracuse has already announced their intentions to have the school year go as planned so long as King Cuomo doesn't get in the way. NY's also a solid lock for Uncle Creepy Sleepy Joe and his Crazy Democrat friends so we should be good to go.
tyndal23 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 17th, 2020, 9:37 pm If we played and beat ND, Dr. Falwell's vision would be fulfilled.
Do we have to beat them to fulfill it? I was hoping competing at their level and playing them would do it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: May 18th, 2020, 9:42 am
ballcoach15 wrote: May 17th, 2020, 9:37 pm If we played and beat ND, Dr. Falwell's vision would be fulfilled.
Do we have to beat them to fulfill it? I was hoping competing at their level and playing them would do it.
I think playing them would be sufficient. I’m sure someone (obviously not ballcoach) who is so inclined can find Falwell’s direct quote ( no paraphrasing or 3rd Party recollections) and post it here
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 18th, 2020, 11:25 am
TH Spangler wrote: May 18th, 2020, 9:42 am
I think playing them would be sufficient. I’m sure someone (obviously not ballcoach) who is so inclined can find Falwell’s direct quote ( no paraphrasing or 3rd Party recollections) and post it here
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]